NetApp Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC

3.3

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Contacted via email by a gentleman who saw my resume posted online. Conducted an initial phone interview with a screener/recruiter over the phone for 30 minutes. Second interview was with the hiring manager for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • First interviewer

1) Tell me about yourself from past to now
      2) Describe your role/duties with your current employer
      3) Where do you see yourself in 3 and 5 years

View Answer
    • Second Interviewer:

1) Asked what I knew about the position I was interviewing for.
      2) Wanted to know how I step outside of my comfort zone
      3) Describe my typical day and who I sell to... (he was unclear on my. I current job)
      4) Walk me through a typical sale when faced with a business client
      5) Very focused on my cold calling ability

View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in October 2014.

Netapp had this interview day planned. Lot of candidates from other universities. The event did not involve a pre screening through a telephonic interview. They shortlisted the resume through the career fair at the university.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were general. Like why netapp? explain your strengths and weaknesses, explain your most challenging projects, They also tested our troubleshooting skills through a network problem.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NetApp in May 2014.

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a company recruiter for about this position. I replied with interest. I received a call from the recruiter that briefly confirmed my experiences in regards to the position requirements. We scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. The phone interview by the hiring manager was a discussion about the opportunity and how my skills might be a good fit. We scheduled an in-person interview a couple days later. The in-person interviews consisted of 2.5 hours of 5 back-to-back interviews from different people on the team. They consisted of mainly scenario based white board questions. "How would you do this?" type of scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell us something about yourself related to development that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

MTS-eps Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in March 2014.

phone interview - few technical and OS questions
    onsite - mostly logical puzzles and OS questions.... questions on resume, sorting

Engineering Support Systems Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in September 2013.

Responded to a recruiter's e-mail to the local Linux User's Group, 15 minute phone screen with the recruiter followed by a 1 hour in-person interview with manager and 3 senior team members, followed by a full tour and introductions by the hiring manager. Background check was a fiasco, as the background company reported that I did not graduate high school without contacting anyone for more information. Ultimate this was resolve by threat of lawsuit against the KnowX LLC, the background check company.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the contract terms, NetApp countered with a new contract for 25% more.

SLAM Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp in August 2013.

I was interviewed by two employees. They both described and detailed the job description and asked my prerequisites, questions I had, and why they should hire me if I were chosen.

Interview Questions
    • In my case, it would be "what questions do you have for us?" since at the beginning of the interview, I didn't have any. But as it went on, I created some questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NetApp in April 2013.

They contact you over phone for a moderate screening. I was a former employee at NetApp and i was applying for a graduate intern position.

I have been interviewed both at RTP and Sunnyvale campus for two different teams. The culture is the hiring manager tries to get as many engineers from his team or occasionally other closely working teams to interview you.

There were 6 interviews for me:
    1. Analytical and basic programming
    2. Scripting like perl/python
    3. Data storage knowledge is add-on. iSCSI, flash, storage stack, disk drivers
    4. File System and OS knowledge is required.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you general stuffs too. Like puzzles. And being a former employee, i have seen that asking puzzles or brain storming programming questions can be fairly expected. But the interviewers are lenient on your performance, they don't grill u or judge your IQ.   Answer Question

I got another offer from Vmware

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp.

Initial technical phone screen. The Engineer asks a set of predetermined questions, think of it as a test, in order to gauge your technical expertise. Questions ranged from Hardware and Software, Windows Administration (DNS is a big one, AD, and Group policy) and some basic Linux administration. A few questions about NAS. And a hypothetical support scenario.

If you get a call back it will be to come in and speak with two of their Engineers. They will grill you on your resume, so know your resume! In addition they will likely ask some of the same questions that were on the phone screening. I feel they also asked me questions that they knew I would not be able to answer.

Interview Questions
    • A hypothetical situation where I had to read an unfamiliar man page involving a commands and switches I was not familiar with, I had to figure out the correct syntax in a limited amount of time. At the same time I was being asked questions about various other technologies and problems another customer was having. I needed to resolve both issues in an extremely limited time frame.   View Answer

Senior Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp in September 2012.

The position was hired through an agency (WorkForce Development). Initial contact was through agency person. Agency person was well versed and knowledgeable of the company, possible benefits. Then I met with the NetApp hiring manager. She was direct and to the point. I enjoyed our conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really came up that was difficult or unexpected. Overall-good, direct questions. Manager knew my background, we had similiar backgrounds.   Answer Question
    it was what I expected. She gave me a mid-level offer, I countered once, and we met i the middle.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NetApp in July 2012.

First, I had a telephone discussion with the hiring manager. Then HR quickly sent me an email to schedule an on-site interview.

The on-site visit lasted about 3.5 hours. It started with a face to face interview with hiring manager and his manager. Then there were three rounds rounds of technical interviews with 2 developers (or testers) at a time.

After the technical discussions, someone from HR came in to discuss the next step in the process, my salary expectations, and up sell the company.

I was not given an offer, and I received an automated note telling me I was not a candidate soon after the face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Two trains, each moving at 20 miles per hour towards each other, are initially 60 miles apart. A bee starts at the front of one train, flies to the other train, then back to the first train, and so on. If the bee always flies at 30 miles per hour, how far does the bee fly before the trains collide?   View Answers (5)