NetApp Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC

Updated Jun 10, 2015

3.3

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

First I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. He mainly asked questions about my resume and experience. He also asked about my study abroad experience. Then I was invited to an onsite interview that lasted 2 hours. When I came for my onsite interview, I was met in the lobby by my first interviewer and taken to the interview room. The room had a couple whiteboards and I was encouraged to use them during the interview. I interviewed with 3 people on the team that I would be working with. The first person I interviewed with was a manager and the other 2 were Engineers. The interviews were very behavioral and I was encouraged to ask questions. They asked me questions for the first half and I asked them questions for the second half. It was a very enjoyable and relaxed interview. I learned a lot about the team I would be working with, the company culture, and the job I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked on a team to build a piece of software?
      Tell me about a time that you had to learn a programming language that you didn't know (without professional instruction)? How did you go about learning the language? What resources did you use?
      Tell me how you would write a function/method that would take a subnet mask as a parameter and return the number of hosts the subnet could support if 2 of the IP addresses were reserved?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, he set up the phone interview. On the phone interview I spoke with 3 of my future team mates. Then I was called in for an onsite interview that last 3-4 hours, most of which was technical. We went over a coding problem they sent over before I came in.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your code and explain the process by which you came across the solution. How quickly were you able to pick up the language? About how long did it take you to write this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for one thing, and they gave me about 10k more than I asked. If it isn't what you are looking for definitely try to negotiate.

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was amazing! It was fast, and the HR people were really nice and considerate. I had two phone interviews - one with the HR guy, and one with the senior architect from the group I was being interviewed for.

Following that, I had three an on-site inteyrviews. The first one with the senior architect I talked to, then a software engineer, and then the third one was with a current Technical Marketing Engineer. They were all really nice people, and the questions were most behavioral and it felt more like having a tech-focused conversation than a real interview. I was even shown around the office at the end of my last interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain QR codes to someone who has no idea what they are?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the got a call a couple weeks later for a phone interview. I thought everything went well but when they took 3 weeks to tell me if I had moved on to the next round, I realized the outcome wouldn't be positive. Finally got a call back and my suspicions were confirmed. I wish they had communicated a little more timely and professionally.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses? A time you had eard no. basic interview questions   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Contacted via email by a gentleman who saw my resume posted online. Conducted an initial phone interview with a screener/recruiter over the phone for 30 minutes. Second interview was with the hiring manager for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• First interviewer

1) Tell me about yourself from past to now
      2) Describe your role/duties with your current employer
      3) Where do you see yourself in 3 and 5 years

1 Answer
    • Second Interviewer:

1) Asked what I knew about the position I was interviewing for.
      2) Wanted to know how I step outside of my comfort zone
      3) Describe my typical day and who I sell to... (he was unclear on my. I current job)
      4) Walk me through a typical sale when faced with a business client
      5) Very focused on my cold calling ability

1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Netapp had this interview day planned. Lot of candidates from other universities. The event did not involve a pre screening through a telephonic interview. They shortlisted the resume through the career fair at the university.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were general. Like why netapp? explain your strengths and weaknesses, explain your most challenging projects, They also tested our troubleshooting skills through a network problem.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a company recruiter for about this position. I replied with interest. I received a call from the recruiter that briefly confirmed my experiences in regards to the position requirements. We scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. The phone interview by the hiring manager was a discussion about the opportunity and how my skills might be a good fit. We scheduled an in-person interview a couple days later. The in-person interviews consisted of 2.5 hours of 5 back-to-back interviews from different people on the team. They consisted of mainly scenario based white board questions. "How would you do this?" type of scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us something about yourself related to development that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

MTS-eps Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

phone interview - few technical and OS questions
    onsite - mostly logical puzzles and OS questions.... questions on resume, sorting

Engineering Support Systems Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Morrisville, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Responded to a recruiter's e-mail to the local Linux User's Group, 15 minute phone screen with the recruiter followed by a 1 hour in-person interview with manager and 3 senior team members, followed by a full tour and introductions by the hiring manager. Background check was a fiasco, as the background company reported that I did not graduate high school without contacting anyone for more information. Ultimate this was resolve by threat of lawsuit against the KnowX LLC, the background check company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the contract terms, NetApp countered with a new contract for 25% more.

SLAM Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by two employees. They both described and detailed the job description and asked my prerequisites, questions I had, and why they should hire me if I were chosen.

Interview Questions

• In my case, it would be "what questions do you have for us?" since at the beginning of the interview, I didn't have any. But as it went on, I created some questions.   Answer Question