NetApp

Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.3

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in October 2014.

Netapp had this interview day planned. Lot of candidates from other universities. The event did not involve a pre screening through a telephonic interview. They shortlisted the resume through the career fair at the university.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were general. Like why netapp? explain your strengths and weaknesses, explain your most challenging projects, They also tested our troubleshooting skills through a network problem.   Answer Question

MTS-eps Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in March 2014.

phone interview - few technical and OS questions
    onsite - mostly logical puzzles and OS questions.... questions on resume, sorting

SLAM Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp in August 2013.

I was interviewed by two employees. They both described and detailed the job description and asked my prerequisites, questions I had, and why they should hire me if I were chosen.

Interview Questions
    • In my case, it would be "what questions do you have for us?" since at the beginning of the interview, I didn't have any. But as it went on, I created some questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NetApp in April 2013.

They contact you over phone for a moderate screening. I was a former employee at NetApp and i was applying for a graduate intern position.

I have been interviewed both at RTP and Sunnyvale campus for two different teams. The culture is the hiring manager tries to get as many engineers from his team or occasionally other closely working teams to interview you.

There were 6 interviews for me:
    1. Analytical and basic programming
    2. Scripting like perl/python
    3. Data storage knowledge is add-on. iSCSI, flash, storage stack, disk drivers
    4. File System and OS knowledge is required.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you general stuffs too. Like puzzles. And being a former employee, i have seen that asking puzzles or brain storming programming questions can be fairly expected. But the interviewers are lenient on your performance, they don't grill u or judge your IQ.   Answer Question

I got another offer from Vmware

Senior Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp in September 2012.

The position was hired through an agency (WorkForce Development). Initial contact was through agency person. Agency person was well versed and knowledgeable of the company, possible benefits. Then I met with the NetApp hiring manager. She was direct and to the point. I enjoyed our conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really came up that was difficult or unexpected. Overall-good, direct questions. Manager knew my background, we had similiar backgrounds.   Answer Question
    it was what I expected. She gave me a mid-level offer, I countered once, and we met i the middle.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NetApp in July 2012.

First, I had a telephone discussion with the hiring manager. Then HR quickly sent me an email to schedule an on-site interview.

The on-site visit lasted about 3.5 hours. It started with a face to face interview with hiring manager and his manager. Then there were three rounds rounds of technical interviews with 2 developers (or testers) at a time.

After the technical discussions, someone from HR came in to discuss the next step in the process, my salary expectations, and up sell the company.

I was not given an offer, and I received an automated note telling me I was not a candidate soon after the face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Two trains, each moving at 20 miles per hour towards each other, are initially 60 miles apart. A bee starts at the front of one train, flies to the other train, then back to the first train, and so on. If the bee always flies at 30 miles per hour, how far does the bee fly before the trains collide?   View Answers (5)

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp in March 2012.

I had one telephonic interview which had:
    1. Technical questions about the resume
    2. Best project
    3. How comfortable are you in C programming
    4. Information about the team

7 rounds of on site interviews:
    1. HR interview
    2. OS concepts and problem solving
    3. Data structure question and architecture details of the ONTAP system
    4. Improvements in the ONTAP system.
    5. OS concepts, context switching deadlocks etc.
    6. Scripting
    7. OOPS

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NetApp in February 2012.

There was some initial confusion early-on in the interview process as to the shift being interviewed for. NetApp support has a front end days / back end days, front end nights, back end nights type shifting schema. Plus, there are multiple support teams with sometimes overlapping responsibilities. Potentially, one could go in expecting to be interviewing for a front end days shift and end up interviewing for and being offered a weekend back end nights shift, which for many, would be very difficult to do. Post interview, the rest of the hiring process was fairly smooth with only a relative few short administrative hurdles required.

Interview Questions
    • Very granular line of questioning about the effective permissions of a FAS-sourced CIFS share presented to a windows client   View Answer
    Hourly rate was pre-set by contract. No salary negotiation occurred.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NetApp in March 2011.

I recieved a phone call by one of the two people that would later interview me. She asked me 15ish technical questions and skipped a bunch of the others. The very next day they wanted an in person interview. I met my contact and she took me in a room and threw some light questions at me and then a man "burst" through the door and immediately started asking more technical questions and really drilling in. It seemed like a good cop bad cop kinda ploy and very unproffessional. It was almost like they were bored with interviewing and wanted to mix it up.

The only reason I put the interview was difficult is I wanted to tell them how stupid they were being but had to hold my tongue.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in March 2011.

Pleasant, in depth exchange. Companies can afford to be very picky in this client. I was amused at how many different roles and skills sets they try to pack into one position. I expect they will find a young man they would be willing to train to meet the many disparate requirements.

Interview Questions
    • None, the interviewer asked the standard questions. Why are you leaving your company, why NetApp, etc.   View Answer
    • I was on a cell phone, he was on a speaker phone. Awkward, but standard practice.   Answer Question