NetApp Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jul 30, 2015

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

one phone screen with the Director of Staffing and then 4 people on the panel, two recruiters, one sourcer and the VP, it was a fairly easy interview, they did not ask me any tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightword - related to the req load you carry, how do you make offers in a competitive market space etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1 Technical Phone round(30 mins) 6 Onsite Rounds(1 Hr Each) Onsite Rounds: 3 - Core Technical 2- Semi Technical plus Analytical 1- Behavioral Process: 1. Got a mail from HR to schedule the Telephone round 2. 30 mins of Phone Interview as scheduled 3. Got an Invite from HR for Onsite rounds. They were very understanding and scheduled tow day interview process for 3 hrs each 4. Each day 3 Onsite rounds as listed above 5. Within a week HR returned with a Decision The process is very friendly and prompt. I could not get the offer but had a very good experience. Hope this is helpful

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Questions Experience Related Questions Linked List, Probability related questions   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Not too bad, the interviewer was welcoming and really exciting. He pitched me projects that I'd be interested in, and if I was, he asked me questions related to that. They took a long time to get back to me though. I resume dropped at a career fair in January, and didn't hear until April, though I'm assuming I ended up being a replacement for someone else.

Interview Questions

• Know your data structures and networking, and have some enthusiasm for the projects. They're really upfront on whether you'd be a good fit or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a significantly less hourly pay because I was a college freshman, but was able to negotiate up a little.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with about six or seven people, and many of them didn't seem to be enjoying their job. One of them who really didn't seem at all excited about his job even told me to apply to this other company because it would be a better way to start my career. Overall, most of the people were friendly, but didn't give me the impression to want to work there.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Originally came in contact through a recruiter at a career fair. Initially, a phone screen reviewing my resume and providing some details about the project. Then, three onsite interviews spanning two hours with three different members of the team. Questions were mostly situational and gauging problem-solving and key software engineering concepts. The offer came a few days after the onsite interviews. Everyone involved was kind and clearly excited about the project and team.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of model-view-controller and how you might apply it to a project.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Extremely urgent interview process that I accommodated despite a busy work schedule. It was a disappointing process overall. The recruiting function was non existent and not candidate focused. Very surprising especially for the valley in this climate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out in particular. Pretty standard kinds of interview questions. I did notice that the team didn't seem very aligned on what they were looking for. Each interviewer had their own style and just asked whatever was top of mind.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a new grad role. I managed to talk to the University recruiting folks at the college career fair, and pass my resume. I got an email a couple of weeks later for a schedule for phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later they called me onsite and conducted interviews with the team. I got a call after 2 weeks that they were interested to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Very generic behavioral interviews. They want to know if the candidate is a good fit for NetApp's work culture.   Answer Question

Senior Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

There was 5 rounds of interview.First was phone screening by Recruiter, Second another phone screening by Hiring manager, subsequent rounds were with team, Hiring manager and senior management. They wanted to see my confidence in understanding the role.

Customer Listening Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks from first interview to offer. Had a 30 minutes phone interview with the recruiter, she was very nice. Asked me technical and analytics questions from a list. Most questions were based on the the teams needs. Afterwards I interviewed with the hiring manager for 30 minutes. This time it was mostly behavioral questions, trying to get a sense of how I work and if I was a culture fit. Next I was invited onsite and was interviewed by 3 team members for 45 minutes each all behavioral questions and questions about how my experience fits with their requirements. After the interviews I was asked to watch a talk then prepare and present a presentation all in about 30 minutes, this was to rate my communication and presentation skills. Finally I was called onsite again another day for a last interview with 2 more senior team members. This was more like a chat and not a structured interview.

Interview Questions

• statistical technique to analyze difference between 2 means and more than 2 means. What is a t-test How to conduct a focus group, survey etc Basic customer data analysis questions   Answer Question
    • Explain changes in customer rating feedback   Answer Question
    • Why customer listening?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my base.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by High Tech Connect, a firm in Pleasanton, CA who was looking to fill a contract position at NetApp on the Global Services marketing team. Offered a full-time position after a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and one future colleague on the team.

Negotiation

Offer was made by a third party recruiter