NetApp Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fare and was asked by them to apply online too to fasten the process. 3 days later I got an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. Phone interview was with one of the team members of their software development team. After phone interview, I was called to their Wichita site for 3 rounds of interviews. 4 days later received a call from them offering me the summer intern position.
Overall process was smooth, interviewers were very friendly. I was a bit nervous before the interview, but their friendly behavior made me comfortable.

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

This is an onsite which drives us to their location at Pittsburgh. First is an introduction of their company and there's some pizza and drinks available. The interview consists of four rounds---first two of which are behavioral questions and the other two are real coding ones. Behavioral questions goes in an endless detail. The interviewers ask a lot of detail implementation of the projects you lists on the resume. And they also ask if you have any questions regarding NetApp.

Interview Questions: given an array and you are only allowed to go through them once. Then remove the array from the end one by one, find each of the minimum value among the numbers left in the array.
    Exactly the same question on Crack.

Interview Questions

• Such a lot of detail implementation regarding my projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I had one telephonic interview which had:
    1. Technical questions about the resume
    2. Best project
    3. How comfortable are you in C programming
    4. Information about the team

7 rounds of on site interviews:
    1. HR interview
    2. OS concepts and problem solving
    3. Data structure question and architecture details of the ONTAP system
    4. Improvements in the ONTAP system.
    5. OS concepts, context switching deadlocks etc.
    6. Scripting
    7. OOPS

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was offered PPO after internship at NetApp. Internship interviews consist of 3-4 rounds with questions from algorithms, networks and operating systems. PPO process involves 4-5 interviews, all of them telephonic.

Interview Questions

• In my case, they really stressed on routing algorithms with in details explanation of dynamic vector algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp (Bangalore (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

This was a campus recruitment. First round was s written test. It was of moderate difficulty. 4 sections: a)aptitude b)programming with C c)OS & Networks d) Data Structures
    The next round was a technical interview. I was asked questions related to OS and networks. After which there was one more technical round followed by HR rounds.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp (Bangalore (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

first round was written round with aptitude and technical stuff.. there were 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round.. in 1st round they just asked basic stuff like recursion concepts, application layer in networks ,few simple programs and about projects done. 2nd round was programming.. they asked simple stuff like reversal of linked list,reversing 5th and 6th bit of a number,finding loop in a linked list and so on. 3rd round was about hashing concepts, single function to exchange int,float,structures and questions about file structures

higher studies