NetApp

NetApp Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NetApp.

NetApp came to University of Pittsburgh Career Fair. Applied there itself. Got a mail in a couple of weeks scheduling me for phone interview. The interview touched all corners of CSE. Algorithms, Data Structures, C/C++, System level discussions on Segmentation and Paging, Storage/Database related questions. There was a routine round up of resume as well.

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NetApp.

Applied online in February, contacted by HR in the beginning of March. Had a 30 minute conversation with the University Recruiter, another with the Hiring Manager, and then an hour long technical interview with three members of the team. Contacted about 2 weeks later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What's a project that you've done on your own outside of school that you're really proud of?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in December 2012.

I was invited to the onsite Discover NetApp event in Sunnyvale after meeting a recruiter from NetApp at my college career fair. The event consisted of breakfast, lunch, a presentation by recruiters, Q&A with former interns, and three back-to-back interviews with a specific team. I was interviewed by two engineers and one manager. One engineer asked about typical software engineering questions like string & bit manipulation, data structures. The other engineer asked questions about hardware - CPU performance, memory accesses. The interview with the manager was enlightening - had the opportunity to ask him any question I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • The hardware/systems questions I was asked I did not expect - make sure you are well prepared for the specific team you interview for. Some teams ask more high-level questions and others (like mine) ask many low-level questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in March 2012.

Went to Discover Netapp day which is an event they invite potential candidates onto their campus for interviews. Had a casual lunch for an hour and spoke with people who work there. They were pretty friendly. Then it was interviews with 5 teams. Interviews were easy in my opinion, especially the technical questions. If you couldn't answer them, then I don't think you can get an internship anywhere. Some interviews with the team were only behavioral whereas some were a mix of behavioral and technical. Got an offer that night.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in March 2012.

I was invited to the onsite Discover NetApp hiring event, which consisted of a lunch and 5 interviews with different departments and hiring managers. They offered travel expenses (gas reimbursement, flight arrangements, and hotels).

After the lunch with all 13 internship candidates and some new grad hires, we were led into a conference room, where we stayed the entire day and interviewers came to us. We had 15 minute breaks between interviews.

Each interviewer had his/her own interviewing style. Some explained what their department does, others only asked questions about my experience and resume, and about half of them asked coding questions. Coding questions were on data structures: linked lists, binary search trees (and traversing them with postorder and inorder), and hash tables. I also received questions on File IO. There was a whiteboard available if we wished to code on it, however, most were satisfied with a verbal pseudocode. Interviewers were sometimes difficult to understand with their thick accents.

Most of the candidates, including me, received offers the same day of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to construct a binary search tree given a string in postorder notation ("abcdefg").   View Answers (3)
    • Write a function to return the nth to last node of a linked list with order O(n).   View Answer
    • What is the difference between Javascript and HTML?   View Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

I applied for the internship via college career fair, contacted through email a month later by a recruiter-- replied, no response until 2 weeks later through a phone call in which I was given less than 24 hour notice for an interview. The following day, I spoke to a Project Manager for a brief interview which went well. I was told another Software Engineer would contact me right after the interview in which they never called -- very unprofessional.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in March 2010.

3 one-on-one interviews lasting about 30 min each at the company's office. Got a tour of facilities and presentation about company and its work.

Interview Questions
    • implement insert, delete, and traversal of binary search tree   Answer Question