NetApp

2.9

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

MTS2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp in November 2012.

I was interviewed for a new college grad position. I had interview for about 4 hours with 4 different people. Everyone was interested in what i did before in my internships and my grad level projects. This completed the first round of interviews. I then had a second round of phone calls with the manager and tech lead for 2 hrs each, after which they confirmed my job.

Interview Questions
    • Expect algorithm questions. Also, be 100% sure on what is in your resume.   Answer Question
    Negotiable. Look for sign on bonus.

Software Licensing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp in November 2012.

Pretty quick in the beginning... then had delays due to HR lead leaving the company and holiday shutdown, but ultimately got back on track, got an offer, and accepted.

I made contact directly with HR via referral, submitted resume, applied and got call for phone interview within 7-10 days with the hiring manager. Onsite interview was scheduled within 10 days. Due to scheduling/proximity, I did two additional interviews over the phone: one with the VP and one with a remote colleague. Then 5 people onsite. All went well, then went dark. Got call a few weeks later from hiring manager that HR lead had left the company, and they had one more person to interview, but were still interested. Asked me for my salary expectations.

Got email from HR the following week to schedule an additional interview which got postponed another week due to my personal travel. By the time I did the final interview, I had voicemails waiting for me within 20 minutes to make me an offer (though I wasn't home to receive them!). Got the call on Tuesday they "intended" to make me an offer, got verbal offer from HR on Wed, asked for 24 hours to review. Talked with HR again on Thursday to negotiate, reconnected on Friday 1 hour before the holiday shutdown to finalize the negotiation and accept. Then had to wait for holiday shutdown to lapse to get through senior management approvals on the negotiated package, etc.

They started back on Jan. 2, by Jan. 3rd I had a FedEx package with the formal (negotiated) offer and paperwork to be completed, which I returned same day (they pay postage). As soon as they received it on Friday, they sent me a second Welcome Package via FedEx which I received on Saturday. Done deal.

None of the paperwork confirmed the start date, though, so I had to contact both HR and the hiring manager the following Monday to confirm my start date. Otherwise, all was very smooth, very fair, very respectful, etc.

Looking forward to my new adventure!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. All job related. Behavioral interviews - examples of when I did xyz which was easy for this job. They did ask a few questions related to difficult problems they needed to solve and didn't have an answer for to see how I might be able to help them
      :-) and probed a bit on how I might approach making the transition to NetApp after being at HP for almost 27 years...

View Answer
    They were willing to negotiate only on base salary, and in my case, signing bonus (rare, from what they tell me). Will not negotiate vacation time, RSUs, benefits, etc.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in November 2012.

They called me up out of the blue for an onsite. It wasn't very technical, a lot of theoretical questions. make sure you brushed up on your c and perl though.

Interview Questions
    • Write code to create a telenet connection in perl   View Answer

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Recruiter set up phone calls with hiring manager to discuss role and my potential fit. Once hiring manager decided to move forward, I was flown to Sunnyvale to interview with four management level employees. The interviews were quite technical in nature and some attempted to talk me out of the role, perhaps to see if I was really interested.

Interview Questions
    • Fibonacci Sequence/Golden Equation question   View Answer
    Not much. The offer was in stone and not what was previously discussed. The company sounded so good, I decided to make the move anyways.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in October 2012.

I was contacted shortly after sending in my resume through my school's career center website. The first (and final) round for me was going to their campus in Sunnyvale. The day consisted of three interviews with recent hires and Senior Managers. All three interviews were extremely laid back and just touched on my experience and resume. Everyone was really friendly so the atmosphere was not very intimidating.

About two weeks after the interviews I was contacted and told that I did not get the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp in October 2012.

I applied online via their Jobs site. In a few days, I got an email asking me if I would like to be interviewed. Following a phone call with just some very basic background questions, I was flown to the NetApp campus at Sunnyvale.

The environment seemed great -- everyone was nice and friendly. I was applying for a low-level software position (something like OS, drivers, hardware interaction etc.). They tested me on some fairly standard questions on kernel development (as in creating the kernel, not developing the created kernel) and data structures. Some of the interviewers were also interested in quizzing me on some brain-teasers, like if you have x-number of balls and y-number of scales, what is the shortest way of finding the heaviest ball and what is the run-time of an application finding the ball using method. There were also of course a few behavioral questions, like "Tell me about a time you worked on a team."

Interview Questions
    • Personally, I found the brain-teaser about finding the lightest ball (mentioned above) the hardest. But my interviewer was more interested in my way of thinking and of approaching the problem and not the solution itself. He guided me a bit, and after a long while, I did figure it out. But like I said, he was only interested my attitude towards the problem.   Answer Question

Operations Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Initially contacted by an university recruiter who invited me to come in for "NetApp Day", where the company invites a bunch of recruits. The entire day was pretty well-organized. It started with breakfast and an intro to the company, followed by three rounds of interviews, and ended with refreshments and a Q&A panel with current employees.

NetApp compensated me entirely, reimbursing my rental car costs and even offering to rent a taxi/shuttle for me when I told them I was not too familiar with the area and getting to the headquarters!

Good communication before and after the interview. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly behavioral questions... nothing too out of the ordinary, but this obviously depends on the position you're applying for.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview within the week. The phone interview with the hiring manager was mainly an overview of what the position entailed and a short rundown of some resume questions. I was told I'd receive a notification if I got into the next round within the next 3 days.

The next day, I was emailed again and set up an on-site interview for next week. It consisted of 3 rounds of interviews within the on-site interview. I finally finished after about 3 hours. The 1st interview was with a panel of 3 members on the team. Next, it was the hiring manager, and then another manager.

I was given an offer within 3 days of the last interview.. very fast turnaround time.

Each of these interviews were mainly based on skill set and experience that would be relevant to the position... again, know your resume and bring up projects (even if they weren't on your resume). Be confident, answer all questions with specific details, and KNOW THE COMPANY. There weren't too many situational questions during any of my interviews. Ask good questions!

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you streamlined a process.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as this was an internship.

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in August 2012.

1;1 on-site interview
    met with a few people from the team.
    interviewing is more if you click with that person you will get the job if you don't ,chances are you will not get the offer. I received good feedback from one of the persons but I never made it past the first round. it took the HR team over a month to get in in touch with me

HR recruiters actually respond to emails, big ++++

Senior Engineering Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at NetApp in May 2012.

There was a phone interview, then there was a technical interview that was ended after a couple of minutes because it was obvious I knew more than the interviewer, I talked to a couple of more people by phone. I was a perfect fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    None, they have a fixed formula and it was fine with me.