NetApp Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

2.9

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NetApp in July 2011.

HR responded and set up a screener phone interview with the person this job reported to. After that, went through 4 more phone interviews with different executives. After getting through that screening, the next interview was in person with the whole team, which took more than half the day. Within two weeks, the recruiter contacted me with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you measure success of the program?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate well - was asked and gave them a number. They came back 10% higher but would not move off their number.

Program Manager - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NetApp.

I skipped the interview process as a contractor. The HR department is pretty well organized at NetApp, so I expect the standard interviewing process.

Always negotiate. I had special circumstances around my offer, in that I already worked for the company as a contractor, so I wasn't able to negotiate this time around.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NetApp.

I got the interview through a career fair on campus. I was flown up to their headquarters where they had a whole interview day planned. About 30 candidates attended.
    It started out with a presentation about the company. Then there where three 45 minutes long interviews back to back. Almost all questions were behavioral. Everyone was very friendly and the company culture seems laid back and fun. Typical Silicon Valley company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, except for that there were basically almost no technical questions.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NetApp.

First interview (phone interview) was smooth with a 1st or 2nd year analyst and went great. The interviewer made the process really smooth and comfortable. The interview was a meet and greet type and a couple of questions regarding my experience.

Then came the 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager. It was unorthodox to say the least. The questions had nothing to do with my ability to the job or the position itself but rather questions that were as if I was about to be given an offer. The interviewer seemed like he just went through my resume for the first time. He told me I was qualified and that everyone liked me and asked me questions leading up to an offer. After following up via email I waited about 6 weeks saying that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do for fun?

Would you be willing to relocate for the internship?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NetApp in October 2012.

I applied online via their Jobs site. In a few days, I got an email asking me if I would like to be interviewed. Following a phone call with just some very basic background questions, I was flown to the NetApp campus at Sunnyvale.

The environment seemed great -- everyone was nice and friendly. I was applying for a low-level software position (something like OS, drivers, hardware interaction etc.). They tested me on some fairly standard questions on kernel development (as in creating the kernel, not developing the created kernel) and data structures. Some of the interviewers were also interested in quizzing me on some brain-teasers, like if you have x-number of balls and y-number of scales, what is the shortest way of finding the heaviest ball and what is the run-time of an application finding the ball using method. There were also of course a few behavioral questions, like "Tell me about a time you worked on a team."

Interview Questions
    • Personally, I found the brain-teaser about finding the lightest ball (mentioned above) the hardest. But my interviewer was more interested in my way of thinking and of approaching the problem and not the solution itself. He guided me a bit, and after a long while, I did figure it out. But like I said, he was only interested my attitude towards the problem.   Answer Question

Operations Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NetApp in May 2011.

LOTS of interviews but not tough. Very thorough process

Interview Questions
    • None really - but did have a group interview. That was unexpected   Answer Question
    Offer was above market - limited negotiations. Do ask for additional vacation from your manager however. Vacation is limited for first two years will get sucked up for two company shutdowns.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at NetApp.

Came in for a half-day "Interview Day" with other new grad applicants. Very organized and pleasant experience. Provided us with traveling compensation, breakfast, and lunch. Three rounds of interview, lasting 20-25 minutes each, with my hiring managers. Questions will definitely depend on the position you're applying for, but it was seemed very casual. Some interviewers took notes, some did not. Turnaround time was ~1 week, so extremely efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary, mainly asked me to walk through my resume and talk about a couple situational experiences.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at NetApp in February 2013.

Onsite, resume question, algorithm question

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NetApp.

Phone interview, 1st round of in-person interview with 3 people, 2nd round of in-person interview with 6 people. Very long process.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager said/asked: You would be surprised at how many Sr. auditors do not know how to perform audits or write audit programs.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NetApp in January 2013.

I was called onsite 5 times over 2 months.....first time with a hiring manager, second time with another hiring manager, 3rd time with couple more folks, 4th time with few more folks and 5th time with the director/director's boss/full team.

I met with a total of 12 people and went in 5 times over 2 months. Looks like the team had some disagreement or were interviewing other candidates and just wanted to keep me warm in-case the other candidates didnt work out.

I only liked 3 out of the 12 people and found everyone else to be pretty uptight. They all bitched about their super-boss in the interview and called her names. Very very unprofessional. I will not interview at Netapp again.

Interview Questions
    • Phone call to do a presentation with less than 24 hours notice.   Answer Question