NetApp

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sustaining Engineer Interview

Sustaining Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NetApp in April 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR recruiter who received my resume. The position was located in another state (RTP, NC) but the possibility existed that it could be moved to an office closer to where I live.

I received email asking to set up a time for a 30 minute phone screen. The questions were not too bad (What is K&R, how many bits in IPv6 address, etc)

I was call by the HR recruiter 8 days later letting me know that my application would be submitted to the manager and there would be another technical phone screen. That took place 3 days later with another person who seemed to specialize in technical screening. Tougher questions.

Interview Question – Logic question
   - You are alone on an island with these items; cigarette lighter, cell phone, 2 fuse ropes
      Known:
        - each rope is consumed by fire in 60 seconds
        - you can't assume constant burn rate for any portion of rope, only total time
        - you can't cut ropes
     Problem:
        How to measure 45 seconds
  View Answers (12)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at NetApp

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!

NetApp Videos

NetApp – Why Work for Us?

At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost. Our global setting highly values and fosters a healthy and happy work-life balance. Plus, our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NetApp Sustaining Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by NetApp employees and interview candidates.