NetApp Sustaining Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sustaining Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NetApp in April 2010.

Contacted by HR recruiter who received my resume. The position was located in another state (RTP, NC) but the possibility existed that it could be moved to an office closer to where I live.

I received email asking to set up a time for a 30 minute phone screen. The questions were not too bad (What is K&R, how many bits in IPv6 address, etc)

I was call by the HR recruiter 8 days later letting me know that my application would be submitted to the manager and there would be another technical phone screen. That took place 3 days later with another person who seemed to specialize in technical screening. Tougher questions.

Interview Questions
  • Logic question
       - You are alone on an island with these items; cigarette lighter, cell phone, 2 fuse ropes
          Known:
            - each rope is consumed by fire in 60 seconds
            - you can't assume constant burn rate for any portion of rope, only total time
            - you can't cut ropes
         Problem:
            How to measure 45 seconds
      View Answers (12)

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!