NetApp

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NetApp in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was called onsite 5 times over 2 months.....first time with a hiring manager, second time with another hiring manager, 3rd time with couple more folks, 4th time with few more folks and 5th time with the director/director's boss/full team.

I met with a total of 12 people and went in 5 times over 2 months. Looks like the team had some disagreement or were interviewing other candidates and just wanted to keep me warm in-case the other candidates didnt work out.

I only liked 3 out of the 12 people and found everyone else to be pretty uptight. They all bitched about their super-boss in the interview and called her names. Very very unprofessional. I will not interview at Netapp again.

Interview Question – Phone call to do a presentation with less than 24 hours notice.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NetApp in March 2010.

Interview Details – It began with a phone interview. Then I went onsite and met with two managers.

Interview Question – they asked about my experience with ERP   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NetApp in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview comprised of one phone interview and one on-site interview:

Phone interview was fairly simple. Though nothing from my resume was discussed. Since I was applying for a fresh-grad position, my basic Unix, C and C++ skills were verified.
Unix questions were like:
1. How would find a file with given words?
2. How would you look for particular method in source code base?

Nothing very fancy. Things that you use in Linux/Unix on every day basis.
On-site interview comprised of about 6 rounds including the lunch with the Hiring manager.
Most of the team was very very experienced. Average team experience was around 10 years.
I must admit that most of the team was probably going easy on me.

Interview Question – How does malloc work? What happens when there is buffer overflow in malloc? What kind of errors can you expect   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NetApp

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!

NetApp Videos

NetApp – Why Work for Us?

At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost. Our global setting highly values and fosters a healthy and happy work-life balance. Plus, our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NetApp Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by NetApp employees and interview candidates.