NetApp Systems Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp in January 2013.

I was called onsite 5 times over 2 months.....first time with a hiring manager, second time with another hiring manager, 3rd time with couple more folks, 4th time with few more folks and 5th time with the director/director's boss/full team.

I met with a total of 12 people and went in 5 times over 2 months. Looks like the team had some disagreement or were interviewing other candidates and just wanted to keep me warm in-case the other candidates didnt work out.

I only liked 3 out of the 12 people and found everyone else to be pretty uptight. They all bitched about their super-boss in the interview and called her names. Very very unprofessional. I will not interview at Netapp again.

Interview Questions
  • Phone call to do a presentation with less than 24 hours notice.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NetApp in March 2010.

It began with a phone interview. Then I went onsite and met with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • they asked about my experience with ERP   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp in May 2012.

apply resume -> onsite interview #1 -> onsite interview #2

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in October 2010.

The interview comprised of one phone interview and one on-site interview:

Phone interview was fairly simple. Though nothing from my resume was discussed. Since I was applying for a fresh-grad position, my basic Unix, C and C++ skills were verified.
    Unix questions were like:
    1. How would find a file with given words?
    2. How would you look for particular method in source code base?

Nothing very fancy. Things that you use in Linux/Unix on every day basis.
    On-site interview comprised of about 6 rounds including the lunch with the Hiring manager.
    Most of the team was very very experienced. Average team experience was around 10 years.
    I must admit that most of the team was probably going easy on me.

Interview Questions
    • How does malloc work? What happens when there is buffer overflow in malloc? What kind of errors can you expect   Answer Question