Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at NetApp
- Software Engineer (43)
- Intern (20)
- Technical Support Engineer (15)
- Program Manager (11)
- Member of Technical Staff (10)
- Product Manager (9)
- Software Developer (9)
- Member of Technical Staff II (8)
- MTS2 (7)
- Member Technical Staff, Software (7)
- Senior Software Engineer (7)
- Senior Program Manager (7)
- Software QA Engineer (6)
- Financial Analyst (6)
- Business Analyst (6)
- QA Engineer (6)
- Director (5)
- Systems Engineer (5)
- Software Engineer Intern (4)
- Sales Manager (4)
- Inside Sales (4)
- Software Engineering Manager (4)
- Sales Analyst (4)
- Technical Marketing Engineer (4)
- Member of Technical Staff, Software (4)
- Member of Technical Staff QA (4)
- Technical Support Engineer III (3)
- Member of Technical Staff III (3)
- Member of Technical Staff I (3)
- Member Technical Staff (3)
Systems Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.
Very professional courteous and friendly interview panel. Questions asked were technical as well as behavioral. They have a very strong leadership at this company. Love the state of the art office as well.
- What are you biggest strengths? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for NetApp
Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2013.
I was called onsite 5 times over 2 months.....first time with a hiring manager, second time with another hiring manager, 3rd time with couple more folks, 4th time with few more folks and 5th time with the director/director's boss/full team. I met with a total of 12 people and went in 5 times over 2 months. Looks like the team had some disagreement or were interviewing other candidates and just wanted to keep me warm in-case the other candidates didnt work out. I only liked 3 out of the 12 people and found everyone else to be pretty uptight. They all bitched about their super-boss in the interview and called her names. Very very unprofessional. I will not interview at Netapp again.
- Phone call to do a presentation with less than 24 hours notice. Answer Question
Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2010.
It began with a phone interview. Then I went onsite and met with two managers.
- they asked about my experience with ERP 1 Answer
Systems Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2012.
apply resume -> onsite interview #1 -> onsite interview #2
- not difficult question. Answer Question
Systems Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp in October 2010.
The interview comprised of one phone interview and one on-site interview: Phone interview was fairly simple. Though nothing from my resume was discussed. Since I was applying for a fresh-grad position, my basic Unix, C and C++ skills were verified. Unix questions were like: 1. How would find a file with given words? 2. How would you look for particular method in source code base? Nothing very fancy. Things that you use in Linux/Unix on every day basis. On-site interview comprised of about 6 rounds including the lunch with the Hiring manager. Most of the team was very very experienced. Average team experience was around 10 years. I must admit that most of the team was probably going easy on me.
- How does malloc work? What happens when there is buffer overflow in malloc? What kind of errors can you expect Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review