NetApp Interview Questions in Wichita, KS

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member Technical Staff, Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NetApp in April 2012.

Usually 5 interviews, 2 behavioral by your manager and 3 technical rounds. Won't be too difficult. The 3 technical rounds will have questions that will overlap. Learn about the STAR approach.

Interview Questions
    • brush up your knowledge on Linked lists, data structures etc.   Answer Question
    Negotiated but did not work out.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NetApp in March 2013.

Talk with NetApp engineers in career fair and then get an on-site interview. The interview questions are mostly behavior questions. So there is no right or wrong.

Interview Questions
    • When asked about behavior questions, you don't know what interviewer are expecting.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NetApp in August 2012.

The HR recruiter interviewed me first. Then the hiring manager and then each of the members of the team. After that, I had one more interview with the hiring manager. It was a pretty rigorous process.

Interview Questions
    • Since I was being hired for the New College Graduate program, the questions were fairly generic.   Answer Question
    They were not negotiable with vacation but were negotiable with the salary and bonuses. Overall, it went really quick and ultimately the hiring manager makes the decision.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at NetApp in February 2012.

I met their engineers in campus career fair. After several minutes of chatting about my internship project, which is highly related to their products, I totally forget this conversation. Then after maybe 1-2 months, HR called me and said they want to do a on-site, without phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. I had no experience on behavioral questions and answered in a totally wrong way. Technical questions are easy C questions. But I think the problem is whether I fit to that site (not in California, no junior engineers).   Answer Question

Human Factors Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NetApp in June 2011.

I applied online on the company website. Got an e-mail on the next day, requested me to fill in the Engineering questionnaire and submit back. The questionnaire mainly consist of basic questions like why do you want to join? Do you have a background working with a storage system, how many years do you have for each technical skills. I submitted the completed form and tell them that the position seem not to be suitable for me since I am more heavy on the design side. I received the call the next day, asking for the best time to schedule the phone interview, where I were placed on call with a hiring maneger and a design engineer. I was asked a few, rather basic questions, I could sort of tell though that I weren't going to make it since it is really off my area.

Interview Questions

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!