NetApp

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NetApp in March 2013.

Interview Details – Talk with NetApp engineers in career fair and then get an on-site interview. The interview questions are mostly behavior questions. So there is no right or wrong.

Interview Question – When asked about behavior questions, you don't know what interviewer are expecting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Wichita, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NetApp in August 2012.

Interview Details – The HR recruiter interviewed me first. Then the hiring manager and then each of the members of the team. After that, I had one more interview with the hiring manager. It was a pretty rigorous process.

Interview Question – Since I was being hired for the New College Graduate program, the questions were fairly generic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not negotiable with vacation but were negotiable with the salary and bonuses. Overall, it went really quick and ultimately the hiring manager makes the decision.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at NetApp in February 2012.

Interview Details – I met their engineers in campus career fair. After several minutes of chatting about my internship project, which is highly related to their products, I totally forget this conversation. Then after maybe 1-2 months, HR called me and said they want to do a on-site, without phone interview.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions. I had no experience on behavioral questions and answered in a totally wrong way. Technical questions are easy C questions. But I think the problem is whether I fit to that site (not in California, no junior engineers).   Answer Question

Human Factors Design Engineer Interview

Human Factors Design Engineer
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NetApp in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online on the company website. Got an e-mail on the next day, requested me to fill in the Engineering questionnaire and submit back. The questionnaire mainly consist of basic questions like why do you want to join? Do you have a background working with a storage system, how many years do you have for each technical skills. I submitted the completed form and tell them that the position seem not to be suitable for me since I am more heavy on the design side. I received the call the next day, asking for the best time to schedule the phone interview, where I were placed on call with a hiring maneger and a design engineer. I was asked a few, rather basic questions, I could sort of tell though that I weren't going to make it since it is really off my area.

Interview Questions

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!