NetBrain Technologies

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies in July 2014.

At first, the HR set up a phone interview where she asked stuff on my resume and my background before asking about 10 technical questions. Most of them were okay, but it caught me off guard. You don't normally expect HRs to ask you technical questions. She didn't even know if my answers were right or not. So basically she wrote down all my answers whether or not she understood it and sent it to the hiring manager for review. I managed to do well enough for her to set up a web interview with the Chief Technology Officer person at the company. She told me to study a demo of THEIR software which was tough to understand at times and said that the CTO expected me to explain THEIR software for 30 mins on the phone interview. I mean, shouldn't it be the other way around? Wherein the company explains to you about their software and you learn from it? She just told me to look at their demo video, download their software and learn it. I was baffled. First of all, the demo wasn't explained all that well. Even though I had a CCNA and knew all the commands for configurations of routers and switches, I found it difficult to understand. And also, that software runs only on windows. Doesn't run on Macintosh, which is what I use. So even bigger problem.

I told her the problem and she said it won't be an issue. So once the web interview began with the help of a GoTo Meeting software, I spoke with the CTO person who was Asian and I could barely understand what he was saying. Had to ask him to repeat his questions at times, and even when I answered them he still kept asking the same questions over and over again. I was still able to answer most of them. Later on, he gave me a Thinking Outside The Box type question, which took some time to figure out the answer for. In the meanwhile, he asked if I had any questions for him. So I asked him about the company and what this position entails. He started explaining and I tried to understand it to my best ability. The web interview connection broke down. Neither had I answered that Thinking Outside The Box question nor did he explain anything about the company/position. So the decent thing to do would be to give a PHONE call, right? Well, this person told me to directly follow up with the HR. Basically said, intervew = over. I mean, what on earth was that? You'd expect a person who is a CTO at a company to have some sort of professionalism, right? This guy was apathetic towards his candidate and couldn't care less. That was disgusting tbh.

I had seen the reviews before the interview, and they weren't good. So my interest in the company wasn't great to begin with. But after this interview, I decided to not follow up with them and to reject them if they came up with any further interviews or onsite interview. Never wanna deal with such unprofessional people in my life.

Interview Questions
    • Most were straight forward. Questions on OSPF Area Backbone, DHCP, Subnetting were asked during the HR. During the interview with CTO, he was asking stuff about telnet and SSH, ARP and Routing table scenarios and also configuration of cisco routers/switches commands.   Answer Question

Senior C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies in May 2014.

This company has 4 steps interview process. 1. Phone screening, others are at the Burlington, MA 2. General Test 3. Programming test on Computer 4. Interview with Manager, etc. If you fail in one of the test in sequence, you are out.

Phone screening was pretty simple with some basic c++ questions with general questions. At the company, first they will give you general test. Which is all about C++ questions. Questions were all about pointers, classes, linklist, etc. If you pass that, you have to write a programming code at computer. I did not pass at that point. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • Question regarding linklist pre-order, in-order and post-order   Answer Question

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies in April 2014.

Started with a phone interview with the VP of Operations then went in to interview for about 4 hours with a Jr Recruiting, HR Coordinator, VP Operations and CEO. I had no idea I was meeting with VP of Operations and CEO so something to be prepared for. There has been no feedback even after reaching out to the VP of Operations, actually not even a simple response saying anything.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies in March 2014.

Received an initial phone screen (I think contracted out). A week later, a more formal phone interview with the VP of sales. After a week, I was emailed asking to come in for a in person interview, which was with head of IT and the VP of sales, and was asked to do a mock "web ex" presentation as well. Final step was a call from the west coast's VP of sales. I thought everything had gone well, but 3 weeks later no phone call, no email saying I didn't get the job. But I certainly got the hint.

Interview Questions
    • Your standard interview questions. Describe a time when, describe your current job description, etc.   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies.

First you must have a phone interview. After that you will have another phone interview. If they like you, then you will be asked to come in for an "in-person" interview. After meeting with the HR person, VP and CEO you will have to submit some sample emails to them. They will call you back if you get an offer.

You get what you get. No negotiating

Social Media Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies in May 2012.

Very difficult to find the actual office, which I learned will move in a few months...again.
    Arrived and had to fill out an application with the HR person sitting across from me waiting. She was very pleasant but it was awkward.
    The interview is in an abandoned office suite but had carpeting and was well lit, good space heater.
    After filling the application, HR has you wait for the CEO and founder Lingping Gao. That's when the interview starts.
    He will ask you about your other jobs and base the success of the interview on that and a portfolio. He wanted to see examples of social media strategies- a little bit odd. He is extremely difficult to understand so to ace the interview, you better be able to understand Mr. Lingping Gao because his accent is thick! So you need to decipher what he is saying + describe to him what you did in your past jobs and why + try to tie that in to whatever NetBrain needs as well. Harder than it sounds.
    You are expected to ask a few questions but by the time you get to that point, the CEO's mind is made up.

Interview Questions
    • What did your last company do? Tell me about them and describe the office. How big was the team? How did they sell and market themselves, I want details.   View Answer
    • What have you done since you were in school? Tell me about your jobs and what the companies did.   Answer Question
    • "At out of all you companies, what do people say is you strength?"   Answer Question