NetBrain Technologies

NetBrain Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

Junior Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies.

Completely Bad Experience. HR asking the technical questions who have no idea what they are. Second round was demonstration of their tool to an Asian who is difficult to understand. I believe the demo should be the other way round. Trying to sell their tool to companies mentioned as previous experience in our resume. I think it is their strategy to find clients by keeping a open position, so that the resumes come in where they can find some companies who are not using their tool.

NetBrain Technologies Response

Dec 16, 2014Global Head of HR

Our recruitment team works to serve the needs of the candidate and the manager in unison. From the candidate perspective, we aim to provide a quality candidate experience with timely communication ... More

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies in July 2014.

At first, the HR set up a phone interview where she asked stuff on my resume and my background before asking about 10 technical questions. Most of them were okay, but it caught me off guard. You don't normally expect HRs to ask you technical questions. She didn't even know if my answers were right or not. So basically she wrote down all my answers whether or not she understood it and sent it to the hiring manager for review. I managed to do well enough for her to set up a web interview with the Chief Technology Officer person at the company. She told me to study a demo of THEIR software which was tough to understand at times and said that the CTO expected me to explain THEIR software for 30 mins on the phone interview. I mean, shouldn't it be the other way around? Wherein the company explains to you about their software and you learn from it? She just told me to look at their demo video, download their software and learn it. I was baffled. First of all, the demo wasn't explained all that well. Even though I had a CCNA and knew all the commands for configurations of routers and switches, I found it difficult to understand. And also, that software runs only on windows. Doesn't run on Macintosh, which is what I use. So even bigger problem.

I told her the problem and she said it won't be an issue. So once the web interview began with the help of a GoTo Meeting software, I spoke with the CTO person who was Asian and I could barely understand what he was saying. Had to ask him to repeat his questions at times, and even when I answered them he still kept asking the same questions over and over again. I was still able to answer most of them. Later on, he gave me a Thinking Outside The Box type question, which took some time to figure out the answer for. In the meanwhile, he asked if I had any questions for him. So I asked him about the company and what this position entails. He started explaining and I tried to understand it to my best ability. The web interview connection broke down. Neither had I answered that Thinking Outside The Box question nor did he explain anything about the company/position. So the decent thing to do would be to give a PHONE call, right? Well, this person told me to directly follow up with the HR. Basically said, intervew = over. I mean, what on earth was that? You'd expect a person who is a CTO at a company to have some sort of professionalism, right? This guy was apathetic towards his candidate and couldn't care less. That was disgusting tbh.

I had seen the reviews before the interview, and they weren't good. So my interest in the company wasn't great to begin with. But after this interview, I decided to not follow up with them and to reject them if they came up with any further interviews or onsite interview. Never wanna deal with such unprofessional people in my life.

Interview Questions
    • Most were straight forward. Questions on OSPF Area Backbone, DHCP, Subnetting were asked during the HR. During the interview with CTO, he was asking stuff about telnet and SSH, ARP and Routing table scenarios and also configuration of cisco routers/switches commands.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NetBrain Technologies in May 2014.

Applied online - had a phone interview - mostly standard questions. The interviewer is a contract HR person to the company. She was pleasant and seemed knowledgeable. The interview lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a project that you managed that failed and why.   Answer Question

Senior C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies in May 2014.

This company has 4 steps interview process. 1. Phone screening, others are at the Burlington, MA 2. General Test 3. Programming test on Computer 4. Interview with Manager, etc. If you fail in one of the test in sequence, you are out.

Phone screening was pretty simple with some basic c++ questions with general questions. At the company, first they will give you general test. Which is all about C++ questions. Questions were all about pointers, classes, linklist, etc. If you pass that, you have to write a programming code at computer. I did not pass at that point. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • Question regarding linklist pre-order, in-order and post-order   Answer Question

Social Media Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NetBrain Technologies.

Applied through their job portal. Heard back in about 2 weeks requesting for an interview the next day. And another interview 3 days later.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies in April 2014.

I was initially contacted via email about the position about a month before it all started. I replied and was immediately asked to set up a time for a phone interview. I conducted the interview and was asked several technical questions some I knew some I didn't. I figured that I wouldn't be contacted again since I didn't ace all the questions but I actually received a phone call a week later. I was asked to download their trial software and learn some portions of it so I could give a demonstration via GoTo Meeting with the hiring manager two days later. I was emailed three days later to set up a time to speak with the head network engineer. The interview went well he mainly asked me several networking questions about TCP/IP, QoS, and Routing protocols, putting the interview count to three. I was emailed about a week later to set up an in person interview with the CEO. I arrived at the interview twenty minutes early and was told that the CEO was busy but I would be speaking with the VP of sales, the currently office network engineer, and then the CEO all individually. I went into the VP's office and we started talking, mainly general questions about me and my background. I then went to interview with the network engineer there and he started asking me about my certifications, background, and experience. I then waited a while for the CEO the others were kind enough to offer me beverages, and asked if I needed anything. The CEO came in and we probably talked for about half and hour about mainly behavioral topics, but also asked a few technical questions. The VP, and network engineer seemed to be very pleased with me and my candidacy, however I could tell the CEO was not sold on me. The CEO is very hard to read emotion wise and can at times be hard to understand, but he didn't seem too offended when I asked him to repeat himself a couple times throughout the interview. I left the office feeling fairly good about the interview, and figured that after having done six interviews they must be pretty set on me. I waited three days before I tried to follow up, I called the original HR rep the I had been corresponding with but she didn't answer the phone. The next day I received a canned email saying that my qualifications and capabilities didn't match the other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What did your previous supervisors have to say about you that was bad?   Answer Question

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies in April 2014.

Started with a phone interview with the VP of Operations then went in to interview for about 4 hours with a Jr Recruiting, HR Coordinator, VP Operations and CEO. I had no idea I was meeting with VP of Operations and CEO so something to be prepared for. There has been no feedback even after reaching out to the VP of Operations, actually not even a simple response saying anything.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies in March 2014.

Received an initial phone screen (I think contracted out). A week later, a more formal phone interview with the VP of sales. After a week, I was emailed asking to come in for a in person interview, which was with head of IT and the VP of sales, and was asked to do a mock "web ex" presentation as well. Final step was a call from the west coast's VP of sales. I thought everything had gone well, but 3 weeks later no phone call, no email saying I didn't get the job. But I certainly got the hint.

Interview Questions
    • Your standard interview questions. Describe a time when, describe your current job description, etc.   View Answer

Pre-Sales Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies.

I was contacted by an HR who asked me a list of questions, and it was either you know them or not.
    If you passed that (which I did), you would be sharing your presentation with another representative.
    If you have passed that too (which I also did), you would speak with the CEO.
    The CEO would simply ask you behavioral questions and that was it.

After that, I would call back and e-mail HR back twice and I got nothing back.
    I did not get a yes, or a no (but of course, I assumed it was a no because they ignored me).

Too long didn't read?
    This is a horrific company that has no idea what they are doing due to the lack of 'basic' knowledge that they have. You will also notice this if you ace the interviews like I did, except got nothing in the end (and have no reason why)

Interview Questions
    • None. All of the questions were computer basics and networking basics. Either you know them or not, because the person asking you the question doesn't know anything either.
      The person asking you the questions would ask you a question, in which the answer has already been provided for them.
      I have answered HR's question above and beyond to the point that it over-qualified what they were looking for because I already have my bachelor's degree + my CCNA cert.

Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetBrain Technologies.

The interview process was a little confused. I was told to prepare for a presentation that I never gave. I met with the CEO twice, and with the head of HR twice. Both are very nice people, but the CEO can be a little intimidating (what CEO isn't?)

Interview Questions
    • Mostly simple character-based questions, but there were a few thinking/math questions. "Why are manholes round?", "What is 2^30?"   View Answer
    I was not really in a position to negotiate at the time. For those with negotiation experience, they will low-ball you, so be prepared for that.