NetIQ

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Interviewed at NetIQ

Interview Details – Interviewed by two different guys at the same time. Talked about my resume and past experiences.

Interview Question – What is a strong datatype.   Answer Question

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Tech Support Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NetIQ.

Interview Details – Dedicated recruiter that will contact you if interested. 2 Phone interviews. 1 Face to face 6 person interview.

Interview Question – Several difficult technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at NetIQ in February 2012.

Interview Details – The process began with several phone interviews. Standard phone interviews. Most were very pleasant, but there was a hint of some gotcha questions from the Novell people. NetIQ had recently acquired Novell, which was in disarray financially and also with respect to direction. I was subsequently flown into Houston for a face-to-face interview. It was an all day affair and involved interviews with VPs, managers and technical people. While walking the halls and speaking to people, I sensed an unpleasant very political and competitive environment.

The interviews with upper management were for the most part conversational and very pleasant. The exception was the interviews with mid-level management from Novell, which were unpleasant and intense gotcha interviews. The Novell people appeared to be disgruntled and were taking it out on the candidates. The day ended with, "We will get back to you". I followed-up with the corporate recruiter the next day and to my surprise they specifically asked if the interviews were gotcha, like they already knew what was going to happen. I dodged the question. They indicated that they would get feedback and get back to me soon.

A couple of weeks went by with no word. I reached out to the recruiter and was told that they had decided to not fill the position at this time. The explanation was not believable and I felt that they were simply dodging an explanation that was subjective and they could not verbalize.

Advice to management: The Novell people are disgruntled and they are damaging the hiring process as well as the working environment. Get them under control or get rid of them.

Interview Question – Vague questions about how you would handle different situations. There was a right answer and they were designed to see if you knew it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at NetIQ in January 2008.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was very smooth, the interviewer was the supervisor for the position. It was very relaxed. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face. This consisted of a lunch with the supervisor, then a series of interviews with other people in the marketing department. The questions were straightforward and the atmosphere was very relaxed, yet everyone was very professional. I was also given a tour of the Houston offices.

Interview Question – Do you know anything about XSL?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was a little rocky. I was quoted several different salaries and actually offered the position by the supervisor at one rate, only to be offered the position by HR at a much lower rate.

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NetIQ in February 2010.

Interview Details – Should be analytically strong. You are expected to test an application which has plenty of errors. you are given 10 mins to find as many bugs as possible and another 15 minx to explain about them.
- Rest would be about java, Database, SQL which are straight forward.

Interview Question – Solving puzzle.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NetIQ? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NetIQ interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by NetIQ employees and interview candidates.