NetLine

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Los Gatos, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at NetLine in July 2010.

Interview Details – Straight forward interview no surprises.

Interview Question – The conference room was dreadfully cold. The questions were normal and easy. These folks are mostly gone   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Call Center Representative -cedar Knolls Nj Interview

Call Center Representative -cedar Knolls Nj
Cedar Knolls, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NetLine in March 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from a agency literally 4 mins after I responded off craiglist. I did a phone interview March 15th 630pm est. which was the same day I responded to the ad. I did a face to face interview march 18th.. Interview wasn't even 10 mins. Got in my car and was called back from the agency saying I got hired.

Interview Question – There was no questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Telemarketer Interview

Telemarketer
Cedar Knolls, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NetLine in March 2012.

Interview Details – They will ask you why they should hire you from twenty other candidates. They will ask you about you previous work experience. They will also ask you why you are interested in this work. It's cold phone calling, so they want to know that you're prepared to be hung up on and still be competitive with the other employees. Then they will do a sample phone interview. They will ask you to call the hiring manager from the other room to see how you sound on the phones.

Interview Questions

• Why do you stand out from twenty other applicants?   Answer Question
  • Are you prepared to meet the standard of reaching two hundred fifty phone calls, thirty submissions and a forty percent download rate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you're ok with making 400+ phone calls per day, then you should be ok with this job.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Los Gatos, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NetLine in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for a SDE position after looking at a posting on craigslist. First round was a general recruiter call that consisted of the recruiter getting to know me and I getting to know the company, salary discussion, skillset discussion etc.

The hiring manager called a week or so later and conducted a general technical interview over the phone after discussing about the previous experiences and school projects. This part went really well and I was called in for on-site interviews.

Onsite interviews consisted of 4 rounds (all technical) for about 45 mins with whiteboard coding. All 4 interviews went as expected. Then came the meeting with CEO, HR manager etc. We discussed the salary requirements and other benefits. They conduct a background check at the end, but also make a contingency offer. The pay scale was pretty good and benefits were good as well.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – There was not option to choose "Interviewed, Offered and Rejected", so I chose "decline". They decided to rely on one botched review (b/g check conducted by independent agency), which in my opinion was botched because one of my previous employers decided to screw me over. Had this company been really interested, they would have considered the interview process, the references and all other background checks that came out clean. I think they have to review their selection process and allow the interviewee a chance to explain if there are any issues with the b/g checks.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Los Gatos, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at NetLine in September 2011.

Interview Details – went through two rounds of interviews. Employees seemed ok. Not a big place. Interview questions are simple and direct. Not too much surprise.

Interview Question – hash in perl   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Paid less than the average level in this area for the position. Benefit is just average. Sick leave and paid leave were combined together, which means you don't really have sick leave...HR manager never picked up the phone. And it seemed they don't take their applicants seriously. They just distributed their "contingent" offers to a lot of people and reject those who replied late. Be careful!

Field Sales Director Interview

Field Sales Director
Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NetLine in May 2011.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview with the recruiting director. This was very short as they were trying to get faces in front of their Sales Management team. After that, there was a phone interview with the President. 2nd, there was another phone interview with the CMO. At that point, a half day of face to face interview (all one-on-one) with the Top Management team, consisting of a total of about 3.5 hours. It was a day full of action packed strategy questions and philosophical questions on how you would perform in the roll.

Operations Interview

Operations
Los Gatos, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NetLine in May 2010.

Interview Details – I saw an ad on Craigslist to start. This lead to a phone interview with the HR person. Passing that, I did a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next came what was probably a half day of interviews, first with HR, hiring manager, and potential coworkers. There was even a talk with the CEO, though at that point, it didn't seem like an interview versus just getting to meet him. He said he does this with everyone because the company is pretty small.

My impression of the office was on the plain side. I've seen other more personal and exciting ones. There did not seem to be a lot of employee cube decorating. I will say that the office did appear to be new, and was a well designed building, just boring. Los Gatos is a reverse commute from most of the rest of the valley, so that would have been nice.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NetLine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NetLine interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by NetLine employees and interview candidates.