NetLogic Microsystems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems.

Interview Details – 1. interview is not difficult. Manager just want to you write a c code like a insert a link lists.
2. Engineer most go over your resume and give you a c test. Read c code and tell what program does.
3. Be prepare to c code like how to find big endian or little endian this machine is.
4. Reverse a link list is most common.

Interview Question – Not much unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They mostly want indian engineer. If you are an indian engineer, you are at advantage.

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email from an senior engineer to schedule the phone interview. It was an 1.5 hour interview. First half was about past working experience, second half were some technical questions. Technical questions started out to be very basic, like defining XOR gate, NAND gate, etc., then it went on to designing multiplexers with given gates. The interviewer had a very heavy accent which made it very hard for me to understand his questions.

Interview Question – Given TR, TW, TEN, what is the maximum size of FIFO.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of basic question which I was not able to answer because I havent prepared for it. I feel very bad because I missed on of the interviews with the best companies.

Interview Questions

Senior Physical Design Engineer Interview

Senior Physical Design Engineer
Cupertino, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems in April 2010.

Interview Details – Mostly circuit and physical related questions.

Interview Question – You need to have a standard cell library to design your adder. What kind of cells you need and how many levels in each cell?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was competitive but not able to negotiate

Engineering (Logic Design) Interview

Engineering (Logic Design)
Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems in November 2009.

Interview Details – - 1-1 interview with a manager and HR recruiter
- Then group interview with 4 engineers on networking protocols and architectures, logic design problem (FSM, clock generation, timing analysis), verification methodology
- Finally reference checking and offer negotiation

Reason for Declining – This group is former RMI Microelectronics which got acquired by NetLogic in 2009 at a fire sale price (180 M for 300 people.) Senior design engineers already left the group due to problems RMI was going through in the time frame 2008-2009. It does not seem to be a group with high moral and good technical caliber, most people are from H1 visa background and technically okay but not bright.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Senior Verification Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems in December 2009.

Interview Details – The HR first contacted me over the telephone, and said the director of the group would review my resume to see if I was a fit. Then the director called and we spoke over the phone. After he was satisfied, the HR called me for an onsite interview. The interview lasted for about 5.5 hours, and I spoke to 5 people. The interviews were fully technical.
   After a couple of more days, the director called me in to talk to me, and also asked me some technical questions, He briefed me about the group, and told me what they did. After 3 more days, the HR called me in to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for NetLogic Microsystems? Contribute to the Community!