NetSPI Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014

3.4

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NetSPI.

I was contacted by HR about a position. I applied and was given three total interviews. The first two where high level and more so behavior, the third one was more technical. The overall communication and scheduling was done over email and smooth.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NetSPI in February 2013.

Got to meet everyone I would be working with, met all upper management and they really knew their stuff.

Fast

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NetSPI in May 2011.

I was contacted by a friend who works for the company to see if I could help with recruiting. Within a couple of days, I met with various managers and then went through the background check. During the process, I received phone and email updates and felt informed about next steps. I was able to start about a week later following my in person interviews. I've been here a year now and have enjoyed working at NetSPI!

Pen Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at NetSPI in October 2011.

I was contacted by the NetSPI recruiter who explained to me who NetSPI was and what they were looking for.

Each interview was a series of technical questions usually between 15-30 questions. For example what is the difference between stored and reflected XSS? If you found a website vulnerable to a XSS attack how would you go about fixing the issue?

After about 3 or 4 phone interviews with different NetSPI employees I moved to the next phase of their interview process where I had 3 hours to perform some Pen-Testing in their lab and create a PowerPoint presentation on my findings. I could only use the tools that NetSPI had on the "Tester" box they gave me access to and they had an IP range of about 20 address that I was allowed to do my Pen Testing on. After the 3hrs were up I presented my PowerPoint Presentation to a few NetSPI employees. They had Nessus, Metasploit, along with some tools I was familiar with and others I was not. There were also obviously tools that I like to use that were not available like the Zed Attack Proxy.

Then there was a series of face to face interviews some just one on one and others with two or three NetSPI employees interviewing me at once. In one of the interviews one NetSPI employee brought in his laptop and spent 90% of the hour behind the laptop screen typing away while the other NetSPI employee asked me a series of technical questions.

Besides the technical questions and the lab assessment they also had me do things like a writing test with questions like "What is a noun?" and a little report essay where it was something like you found this vulnerability during your testing write up a summary describing the vulnerability, the severity of the vulnerability, and some ways the client could go about fixing this vulnerability.

Through the NetSPI interview process I wasn't able to ever really get to know much about what my role would be or how well I would fit in at NetSPI. There was very little time if any to ask questions of the people who interviewed me. I never got to meet the whole Pen Test team I would be working with to see the different team dynamics and see what type of group they are.

Overall it was a huge time commitment probably spanning about 30-40hrs of very technical interviews and assessments. I thought the office was kind of dirty and it was strange that in a company of 30-50 people with 10-15 Pen Testers that I didn't get to meet the entire Pen Test team. After all the interviews I just walked away with the impression that maybe NetSPI has some talented people maybe they don't, but either way I didn't think they handled themselves in a professional manner.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NetSPI.

NetSPI is a exceptional company and a leader in their field! I was turned on to this company and position from a acquaintance who has been in the industry for years. The process was straight forward with a phone interview and meeting several members of team for in person interviews. There was excellent communication including secure email messaging. I am truly glad to be a part of this organization as it's full of great and talented people!

Interview Questions
    • It's been some time now, but mainly a conversation about IT security and sales experience questions.   Answer Question

Worked for NetSPI? Contribute to the Community!