NetScout Systems

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.9

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at NetScout Systems in September 2014.

The interview process was a phone interview with the hiring manager and then a face to face with both the hiring manager and the VP. The overall the process was very fair. During the interview process the focus is on both the knowledge of the given territory and sales process. You need to be able to give examples of successful sale and the process that got you the win.

Interview Questions
    • The differences between the spin sales and the challenger sale.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NetScout Systems in October 2013.

The interview process was sub-par. There were many rounds of interview and the interview process was rather lengthy. The company is not very professional in responding. They take a lot of time to respond to emails or voice-mails in between the interviews.

They took a lot of interviews for a long time. The kicker was after the final interview they never responded if I was selected or not. I was one of their top candidates (that's what they said in their email). But they didn't have the courtesy or professionalism to let me know the interview result even after sending them many emails and voice-mails. So after around 45 days (between the first call with recruiter to final interview) on the entire interview process, I haven't received any information from them if I have been selected or not. If someone has invested so much time and effort, at-least they should have the courtesy and professionalism to let them know the results.

Director of IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NetScout Systems in June 2010.

Started the process via Monster with a very quick phone screen, then a couple of days later an face to fact interview in Westford. Site is a new building and facility is nice. Very casual dress. Main reception person was not friendly and was upset that I was 10 minutes early - she was puzzled on why I would show up early, go figure. First person was late by 10 minutes, other folks were on time. Folks that reported to this positon, had read the resume, peers had not read resume and not engaged in the process. All interviews went well, no real technical questions. The problem with the process was the chill on being kept on ice. Over 7 weeks. This was after meeting with the CIO, and all senior staff. Is it typical, not sure, but the open communication during this economy might keep companies at this level. They said folks were on vacation, and out of town - you have to love business in America, the process of recruitment. Is the company on top of their game, they are, was the process smooth, it was, was the communication transparent -- no, which is what we need in this economy..

Enterprise Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NetScout Systems in December 2011.

First, It was telephonic interview for around 30mins, was asked questions on Core Java normal interview questions, not in very detail, asked questions on 1 problem solving skill, 1 design problem, questions were of average difficulty. and I cleared it and then scheduled for F2F interview , again same average difficulty level normal java interview questions, not in very details, 1 design question, few questions on collections and multithreading. This F2F ran for around 2 hrs and I did really well but I was asked to leave for the day saying will get back to me.
    Later I contacted and was informed that I am not thru to that F2F discussion.
    I am not sure about what they were looking for in terms of skills.

Interview Questions
    • Average difficulty level questions on Java Collections and Threads.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NetScout Systems in December 2010.

Impressed by the interview process. Most of the rounds will be technical interviews. Even managerial round will have technical questions as most of the managers are technical people. You should have the Networking domain knowledge to clear the interview as they will ask right from basics to advanced topics.

Interview Questions
    • In technical: Complete OSI reference model and protocols under each of the layer.

Management: Most difficult case to handle in previous organization and how I handled it... how it could have been handled better

Answer Question
    Pretty good offer and considering the job profile its even attractive. Not much room to negotiate though.

Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NetScout Systems in March 2009.

Found the job on Monster. Got an interview. Snow out at the first time. waited for 2 hours second time due to hard rain. met the hiring manager and HR. got an offer on phone.

Software Engineer -II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NetScout Systems in May 2008.

face to face interview held at company