NetSuite Account Executive Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NetSuite.

The interview process was a little choppy in that one of the initial recruiters I worked with was not terribly helpful but after that it was great. People were proactive, helpful, and courteous.

Interview Questions
The initial offer was well below what I expected or could take to join Netsuite but in the end I found the company generous and accommodating. I wanted to work here and I think the final outcome was more to my benefit. Grateful for this.

Other Interview Reviews for NetSuite

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NetSuite in April 2012.

Completely disorganized! Calls from inept recruiters with no follow up and ZERO information about the potential role. They could not answer basic questions. 2 months pass and get another call from the recruiter claiming they were still trying to schedule a call with the hiring manager. Really?

The interview call is finally scheduled with the hiring manager(who had the personality of a doorknob) and was asked how the territory would be approached. How do you answer that without knowing about 1.The role 2.Territory 3.Vertical 4.Company size target 5.ANYTHING. The hiring manager also had a very condescending attitude about the position I currently hold....which by the way is at a much larger company!

Terrible prep from recruiting team. Thanks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach this territory?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NetSuite in March 2011.

The hiring process and interview portrayed the company in it's best light as do potential employees seeking work. Was told there was an allowance for cell phone, nope. company issued blackberry, was told 80% of reps hit goal, closer to 50% or less. Was told by manager about cold calling for lead generation then asked a rep about it and they said they never cold called

base salary

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NetSuite.

3 phone interviews - hr, hiring manager, director. HR was pretty generic and asked qualifying questions to see if I had the capacity/experience for the job. Had a great conversation with the hiring manager, who was impressed with my background. The director didn't go so well. Lot of objections - which I handled well (and on the spot) but never fully connected. Director has final say, of course, and no offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Talked about my background and lots of questions on my entrepreneurial experience.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NetSuite in May 2010.

I had an initial interview with a recruiter which quickly progressed to an internal HR recruiter for a detailed 2 hour phone interview. From there I was asked to have a 1-1 interview with the Regional Sales Manager as I was "the perfect candidate". The interview was very disorganized and unprofessional and I was asked to interview with his #1 AE who would be my peer. He reviewed my resume and was clearly intimidated. He spent the next 45 minutes telling me how much I would not be happy working there because I was used to landing much bigger deals and they generally don't hire people with previous sales experience. I returned to complete my interview with the RSM who wanted me to start immediately and would have a job offer to me by the end of the next business day. After 2 days of silence I contacted the HR Recruiter and was told an offer was in the making, however the RSM was on vacation for the week and it would be next week before I would receive anything. The next week came and I never heard back.
    Face to face interview was unprofessional from start to finish. The RSM had never been in a Sales or management position prior to being hired as RSM. If you are a seasoned/successful professional Sales Executive you will not find yourself welcome here.

Interview Questions
    • Would you have a problem working in an office where the Manager was close friends with several of his employees?   View Answer

Worked for NetSuite? Contribute to the Community!