NetSuite

NetSuite Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NetSuite.

I just applied through my university portal and And got a email response back within less than a week. Phone interview went well, but didn't get through to the next round. Still they gave me prompt notice about their decision, so really can't say anything negative the company.

Other Interview Reviews for NetSuite

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in December 2014.

2x Phone Interviews, 1x in-office Interview
    -----
    First interview is a very basic screening interview. After this call they schedule the second interview.

Second interview is a fit interview. I was asked, "What did you do to prepare for this interview?" I replied, "I searched your profile on LinkedIn." He invited me for the 3rd interview in NYC.

Third interview is a one-on-one with the BDR manager, a three-person panel Q&A with current BDRs, and a final interview with, and another one with a BDR manager.

Interview Questions
    • "You were President of XYZ organization on campus. Can you convince me to go to an event?"   Answer Question
    • 3-Minute Presentation: Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work in sales? (No visual aids.)   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NetSuite in December 2014.

I had one phone interview which was more of a conversation. What do you like about your school, what sports do you play, and tell me about your study abroad experience. I was then asked which office that I wanted to interview in and I chose Chicago. I met with the head of BDRs who is really nice but he didn't spend a lot of time talking with me. He asked me to pitch him a sale of my college but never asked me to give the presentation that I had prepared about why I want to work in sales and why they should hire me. I talked to three BDRs who were all very nice and one IT guy who was really interesting to talk to. They didn't quiz me at all on the company or ask any hard questions. I was bummed that I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What is your biggest regret?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NetSuite.

Went through two phone interviews one with a recruiter one with current BDR manager then final on-site interview in Chicago. Whole process took around one month. Everyone was really friendly the office was really nice and right in the heart of downtown Chicago. Didn't get an offer but learned from the experience and gained a free trip to Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • What the number one reason why you might not succeed here.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetSuite.

Was referred to the job posting by a family friend who worked for the company and within a week was scheduled for the first round of interviews. Came into the offices for the first interview and sat down with the BDR manager who walked me through my resume. Asked me all about my previous work experience, why I wanted to be in Sales, why I wanted to work at a company like NetSuite. Next, I shadowed a current BDR while he did some sales calls, and subsequently sat down with another 2 BDRs for an informal interview. Finally, I met up with the manager to ask my final questions. Overall, the process took about 2 hours. For the next round, I was asked to schedule a phone interview with the head of the BDR program. After speaking with her--questions in rapid succession, less of a "fit" interview--I was called by the original manager and offered a position. The whole process lasted about 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any three jobs in the world, what would they be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in October 2014.

I met a recruiter at our Career Fair and gave her my resume. After speaking with her she said she would pass my resume on to the hiring manager. Shortly after, the hiring manager contacted me and we set up a phone interview. After speaking with her, she streamlined the process a bit for my because I had another offer already on the table. So, shortly after our phone call I was scheduled to speak with the BDR manager of the Austin office. That was exactly how the other reviews said it was, fast paced. Nothing difficult, but the type of interview that you aren't sure if you did well or not. Luckily, a week or so later, I was contacted to say that they would like to invite me to the office for an onsite interview. I could choose which location to visit, so I chose Chicago. The only negative aspect of this was that I had to pay for the gas it took me to drive to Chicago and my parking in Chicago. Normally companies will comp that. I first spoke to a BDR who has been working for just a few months, then the Chicago BDR manager, then someone who graduated from the BDR program, and lastly talked to the BDR manager of the east coast offices. Each interview was great! We just had conversations about what I want in a role, who I am, about my internships. There was literally zero questions meant to stump you. Very positive interview and after each interview I became more and more excited about the company and the position. 3 days later I got a call saying I got the offer. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all just asking about yourself and a very low key sales pitch.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in October 2014.

Had two separate phone interviews for this position. They asked all of the general questions that you would expect to hear in a sales interview (strengths, weaknesses, why sales, etc.). After my first interview with HR I was scheduled to speak with a regional manager who simply never called. I have never experienced something as confusing as a company not calling a potential employee only to reschedule for 9:00 on a Monday with a different manager, which is clearly when people are at their best. After all was said and done I didn't receive any emails or calls from them again and just assumed I wasn't going to be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • How would your previous manager rank your performance on a scale of 1-10 and what flaws did you show while there?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetSuite.

I applied first online via my University's job portal. I received a response very quickly and scheduled an interview for later that week. The first round was very straightforward -- more a 'get to know you.' I then scheduled a second round phone interview for the following week with another BDR program head. This was more fast-paced and specific. I never heard back, although I followed up.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was when I had to pretend I was selling a mobile phone to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NetSuite.

I applied through my university website. Got a email within a week to set up a call with a recruiter from the BDR program. First phone interview was easy going, no hard questions, mostly just asked me about myself. Then set up another phone interview with the manager of the BDR program. That one was a little more fast paced but he asked very similar questions. Told me they'd notify me if I was selected to come to Boston for a face to face interview. Got the email within two hours that I was. Flew out to Boston and I met with 6 different people. One Account Manager who had been in the BDR program, the head of the Boston BDR team, and 3 BDRs. All the interviews were easy going and seemed to have gone well. Waiting to hear back if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to sell him a movie. What he really wanted was for me to ask him what he wanted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NetSuite in February 2014.

I applied through my university's career/networking site and got a phone call back pretty quickly. The first phone interview was really pleasant and the interviewer was friendly, nice and made me feel comfortable--but it wasn't one of those where anything you say goes and they just desperately want anyone. She asked about my background, we chatted about the fact that I had transferred school for a minute. She asked me about my strengths, one weakness, etc. When talking about past job experience, she asked what I thought was important in sales. I gave a really detailed and CONFIDENT (that was key) response and she excitedly passed me on to a 2nd interview with the NY office. The 2nd interview was again over the phone and slightly less "relaxed" although the woman was still pleasant and nice she definitely meant business. She asked me to give a sales pitch. I didn't shine but my response I believe would have been acceptable. She also asked me who some of their clients were. I had really, really prepared for this interview but for some reason totally looked over this detail. I was honest with her that I had made an oversight but offered to discuss some of their competitors instead and she seemed 100% fine with that and in fact pleasantly surprised that I was ready with that info--I think it was more of a general, "were you smart enough to research the company at all...".

What I feel killed me in this process was a lack of confidence and not being concise enough. For whatever reason, I was hit with some strong nerves right before this call and did some rambling, whatever other vocal ticks come with nerves, etc. The interview was not hard if you are prepared and know how to sell--it was entirely my fault that I didn't do well. I had a friend who went on to be hired with this company in a different office and she said that her second interview was also extremely easy, made her feel very comfortable, all behavioral and no sales pitch. She also shared with me that her third interview was onsite, they paid for her flight and picked her up in a limo at the airport. I was disappointed not to receive this position but nonetheless feel that this company is professional and respectful--I have no hard feelings regarding their process. Not sure what the takeaway here is really, other than if you interview with NY office be sure to be on your game, you will not get a handicap for being nervous!

Interview Questions
    • Let's role play that I am a customer and you are selling me X product. Go.   Answer Question