NetSuite Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014

3.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NetSuite.

I applied first online via my University's job portal. I received a response very quickly and scheduled an interview for later that week. The first round was very straightforward -- more a 'get to know you.' I then scheduled a second round phone interview for the following week with another BDR program head. This was more fast-paced and specific. I never heard back, although I followed up.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult part was when I had to pretend I was selling a mobile phone to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NetSuite

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NetSuite.

I applied through my university website. Got a email within a week to set up a call with a recruiter from the BDR program. First phone interview was easy going, no hard questions, mostly just asked me about myself. Then set up another phone interview with the manager of the BDR program. That one was a little more fast paced but he asked very similar questions. Told me they'd notify me if I was selected to come to Boston for a face to face interview. Got the email within two hours that I was. Flew out to Boston and I met with 6 different people. One Account Manager who had been in the BDR program, the head of the Boston BDR team, and 3 BDRs. All the interviews were easy going and seemed to have gone well. Waiting to hear back if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to sell him a movie. What he really wanted was for me to ask him what he wanted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NetSuite in February 2014.

I applied through my university's career/networking site and got a phone call back pretty quickly. The first phone interview was really pleasant and the interviewer was friendly, nice and made me feel comfortable--but it wasn't one of those where anything you say goes and they just desperately want anyone. She asked about my background, we chatted about the fact that I had transferred school for a minute. She asked me about my strengths, one weakness, etc. When talking about past job experience, she asked what I thought was important in sales. I gave a really detailed and CONFIDENT (that was key) response and she excitedly passed me on to a 2nd interview with the NY office. The 2nd interview was again over the phone and slightly less "relaxed" although the woman was still pleasant and nice she definitely meant business. She asked me to give a sales pitch. I didn't shine but my response I believe would have been acceptable. She also asked me who some of their clients were. I had really, really prepared for this interview but for some reason totally looked over this detail. I was honest with her that I had made an oversight but offered to discuss some of their competitors instead and she seemed 100% fine with that and in fact pleasantly surprised that I was ready with that info--I think it was more of a general, "were you smart enough to research the company at all...".

What I feel killed me in this process was a lack of confidence and not being concise enough. For whatever reason, I was hit with some strong nerves right before this call and did some rambling, whatever other vocal ticks come with nerves, etc. The interview was not hard if you are prepared and know how to sell--it was entirely my fault that I didn't do well. I had a friend who went on to be hired with this company in a different office and she said that her second interview was also extremely easy, made her feel very comfortable, all behavioral and no sales pitch. She also shared with me that her third interview was onsite, they paid for her flight and picked her up in a limo at the airport. I was disappointed not to receive this position but nonetheless feel that this company is professional and respectful--I have no hard feelings regarding their process. Not sure what the takeaway here is really, other than if you interview with NY office be sure to be on your game, you will not get a handicap for being nervous!

Interview Questions
    • Let's role play that I am a customer and you are selling me X product. Go.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at NetSuite in December 2013.

I heard about this company from a close friend through college.

This was a four stage interview. The first phone interview was very easy and made me excited about the company. They talked about the job, company, location, and my skills.

The second phone interview was the most difficult. It was a series of fast paced questions that could take you off guard if you don't prepare. It seemed like they wanted to see how well you think on your feet. They ended the conversation by saying that if there was interest they would get back to me which made me pretty nervous, but they got back to me pretty quickly.

The third was with upper management and it was a typical interview but they also talked a lot about the area at the end.

Last was a trip to Austin to meet my future manager. It was a great experience learning the area and getting to know who I will be working under.

No negotiation

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NetSuite.

I applied though my college job posing board. The next day I got an email to set up an initial phone interview with HR. First interview was finding out more about me, NetSuite, and why I wanted to work in sales. Basic questions about what drives you and if you are motivated.

Second interview was a phone interview with a sales manager. Same basic questions. Be very confident in your answers and know what you are talking about.

Third interview was an onsite interview with sales manager, VP, senior manager, and 3 BDRs. Again, be confident in all your answers and show that you believe in what you are saying. This is a sales position... act like you are working in sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at NetSuite.

The first interview just asked about basic information, why you want to work for netsuite, why did you choose your college, why Austin, what three skills do you need to succeed in a sales position.

Interview Questions
    • What three skills do you think are the most important to be successful in sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NetSuite in November 2013.

First interview was basic and questions were what was expected.

Second interview was much more difficult and built on the first interview. Asked more detailed questions and explained more of the job duties.

Onsite interview was long and included many different types of interviews. Got a very good idea of the company and the type of people that work in the office. Exciting to be in the office and made all of the prep work worth it.

No need to negotiate.

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NetSuite in November 2013.

Applied online and two weeks later was contacted for an initial phone interview. After the phone interview I visited the office and interviewed with a few different managers. NetSuite was extremely accommodating and transparent throughout the process. It was clear to me that everyone I spoke with thoroughly enjoyed working with the company.

Interview Questions
    • If you prepare thoroughly, there are no questions that should stump you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NetSuite.

Very open interview process, great access to execs and genuine interest in what I want to do with my career.

Flexible

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at NetSuite in October 2013.

All of the people that I talked with were extremely professional and welcoming. They all only had great things to say about NetSuite and about their experiences working there. I could feel their passion for their work and the company in general--particularly during my on-site interview. Prior to the on-site interview, I was asked to complete 3 phone interviews, each of which was approximately 30 minutes long. They then invited me to choose between two offices to interview on-site with. I was flown out for the day to the Denver office, given a tour of the office, and met with a panel of current business development representatives and 3 higher-ups during a 2 hour interview.

Interview Questions
    • Although I cannot pinpoint a specific question that was particularly challenging or unexpected, at the end of the 2 hour interview process I was asked to sell an Expo marker. After talking with 3 interviewers and a panel of current BDRs, I was mentally drained and found this more challenging than it otherwise would have been.   Answer Question

Worked for NetSuite? Contribute to the Community!