NetSuite Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.2

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetSuite.

Interview

I applied online and received an HR screening call (not scheduled) while commuting to work one day. I wish they would have scheduled it, instead of randomly calling me because the sound quality wasn't good. After some standard questions, the HR recruiter said they would schedule an interview with the hiring manager, however, I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer and work for NetSuite?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NetSuite.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me wanting to discuss the position. She thought I would be a great fit for the role even admitting I was overqualified. She said I would find out further news in a few days. I had to follow up myself to check on the status to find out they wanted someone with more of a marketing background. I have an MBA. That made no sense to me. I feel like my time was wasted. Why contact me if you wanted an entry level person with a marketing background?

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite.

Interview

Contacted by HR. Follow up interviews all by phone 3 in total. Final by webmeeting. Nothing out of the ordinary. Very straight forward. Be sure to listen and think clearly, but hold a good communication pace during the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NetSuite.

Interview

Had a 20-30 minute conversation with recruiter. She was unusually harsh on my background/experience to the point where I wondered why they had reached out to me at all. When I let her know that I was actually just hoping to learn more about NetSuite and how I could be successful there, she transitioned into full sales-pitch mode, throwing out all kinds of random sales growth numbers. It was an odd conversation that left me disinterested - I declined next steps almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• So, your current company put all this time and money into you, and now you want to leave?   2 Answers

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite (Boston, MA).

Interview

Multiple round of phone interviews with different members of the NetSuite team, including managers of different sectors of the company. Interviews limited to 20-30 minutes, with quick turn around time.

Interview Questions

• If you received offers from all of the jobs to which you applied, how would you choose?   1 Answer

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NetSuite.

Interview

I was phone interviewed by 3 different people. 2 of them didn't really ask relevant questions to me about my work experience. I was disappointed that the hiring manager would not let me work remotely and I had to relocate across country for the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would relocate   1 Answer

Pre Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NetSuite.

Interview

The interview process is pretty lengthy. I went through two phone screens with two different Human Resource professionals. They were both extremely pleasant and extremely friendly. Within 2 weeks I had been approved or selected to be moved to the next phase, interviewing with the hiring manager. I had to wait another 2 weeks to interview with the hiring manager. Her personality and candidness was great. She encouraged me and made me believe that my years of experience in business were going to assist me and make me a great Pre Sales business consultant. She recommended I purchase a book, "Demonstrating to Win", of which I did and I read it. After about 2 more weeks following their New Year kick off, we had another phone call/interview. It was at that time she asked me to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on a software in my business. She gave me about a week to prepare. After having prepared the presentation I was invited to an onsite interview in Denver. For that presentation I was going to have to prepare another presentation about NetSuite, even though she knew I didn't know about the company software. I have sat on the other side of the table, the customer, many times and even though I knew it would be a challenge, I was confident that my years of experience and knowledge that I could do it. I scoured the net and tracked any info I could about NetSuite. I studied and reviewed my presentation for many days prior, the 2 month process to get to the presentation had encouraged me to assimilate and espouse NetSuite. I really felt a part of the organization. I remembered my MBA studies and thought "wow this is the prefect weed out process and hiring process to find people that will embody your company". Last minute they changed my schedule and flip flopped my presentation with my interview. My onsite was an hour long interview panel and an hour long presentation of "Why NetSuite". I was prepared, I spent $1,500 on a custom suit to dress to impress and even learned the Rubix cube as it was part of my presentation. I walked into the presentation unfortunately sleep deprived because at this point, I had invested so much into the job that I wanted it, I wanted to nail it and get it right. The panel interview was very unorthodox, it was more of a chit chat session. I thought it went very well. I felt more a part of the team, a lot of "we" talk. Those words that show you the interviewer is seeing you as part of their team. I lost my bearing at that point. I could no longer pretend or act like these people whom I now knew (one was a coach, the other had a family with a new born, another was so green that it was joked he just left high school) were potential clients. Additionally because I didn't know the software my presentation was at this point a marketing presentation for NetSuite instead of a Pre Sales presentation. How could I be taken seriously presenting a product of my research to professionals of the software? I got through the presentation with respect but not to my satisfaction. I had also failed at my first attempt at the Rubix Cube (I can do the Rubix in about 3 minutes now, I still do it to this day having them all around the house). I still felt that based off of my executive level of business knowledge that I had proven that I was resourceful and if given a task get the job done because even the hiring manager said "Everything I have thrown at him he has gotten it done, read the book, prepare a preso, prepare another preso, reschedule, etc.". I received a call over a week later, I knew from the lack of communication, even after having emailed 7 different thank you's out that the call wasn't going to be in my favor. It was not. The recruiter called me to let me know that they weren't going to add me to the team. A little while longer the hiring manager, whom I had grown over the two month period to look up to and had started to look as a mentor, called me and let me know she was sorry. She let me know that I had a strong skill set but they didn't have the time to train me to be what they needed. I was extremely disappointed as I had invested so much time and so many resources into the process it would almost seem that after having spent that much time going through the interview process that one would have proven their dedication. I had an employee that is well respected in one of their verticals supporting me along the way which I thought would have given me a higher level of credibility. I even had put a number of my own responsibilities to my present job on hold because I had dedicated myself to this job interview process. I was disappointed but respected the decision they made. You win some you lose some, I wish I had won this one but it was a great learning experience. I will use it to land that next job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What was one new technology that I incorporated into a past job experience and how did I get buy in?   Answer Question

ERP/Accounting Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Phillipines, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite (The Phillipines, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Simply amazing. The recruiters are all very nice and professional. The recruiter assigned to me was so competent but cool and kind hearted. Furthermore, the steps I took are challenging but necessary. I feel as though I'll almost sure I'll be working with quality people and teams because the recruitment process was very challenging but smooth.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through company website. For the BDR program at NEtSuite, i was told the interview process would consist of one "fit" interview by phone followed by two behavioral interviews in person with members of the staff and the manager.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NetSuite (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First of all, Pavel from NetSutie failed to send me the test at 8PM as agreed. He blamed on his Outlook broke down during his bedtime. So I took the test the next morning and finished in 55 minutes. After I submitted my answers, Pavel followed up with a phone call asking general HR questions such as why did I leave my last company and what kind of work interest me. A couple hours later, Pavel got back to me and asked can I explain why I left my last company "in more detail" because the hiring manager asked. I was like didn't we already talk about this?! But anyways, I'll say it again... Next day Pavel replied back and said the hiring manager found my answers "not meeting his technical expectations". Then he said he hope that it will not ruin my impressions of NetSuite so we can refresh our communication in the future. He then further asked for my feedback. I asked Pavel to share the hiring manager's feedback on my answers. What are particularly bad or unsatisfactory about them? I take pride in my profession and am open to constructive criticism. Otherwise I can't help to think his decision was biased because he did make you ask me twice about why I left my last job and explain "in more detail". Pavel never reply back.

Interview Questions

• 1 Given a sorted array of integers, write a method to remove the duplicates. Do not use any classes from the java.util package, or the equivalent library for your language. 2. Given a non-negative real number a, its square root is a number x, such that x * x = a. One way to compute a square root is via successive approximation, where one estimate yields a better estimate. 3. SQL query questions.   1 Answer