NetSuite

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NetSuite.

Went through two phone interviews one with a recruiter one with current BDR manager then final on-site interview in Chicago. Whole process took around one month. Everyone was really friendly the office was really nice and right in the heart of downtown Chicago. Didn't get an offer but learned from the experience and gained a free trip to Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • What the number one reason why you might not succeed here.   Answer Question

Senior Web/Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NetSuite.

I had an HR Interview. Asked about my Visa Status, When will you be graduating? When does your OPT begin? Will you need a visa sponsorship in the future? Do you have any work experience ?
     What is your major?Where did you do your Internship? Do you have an portfolio? The interviewer then called back the next day and scheduled an interview

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetSuite.

Was referred to the job posting by a family friend who worked for the company and within a week was scheduled for the first round of interviews. Came into the offices for the first interview and sat down with the BDR manager who walked me through my resume. Asked me all about my previous work experience, why I wanted to be in Sales, why I wanted to work at a company like NetSuite. Next, I shadowed a current BDR while he did some sales calls, and subsequently sat down with another 2 BDRs for an informal interview. Finally, I met up with the manager to ask my final questions. Overall, the process took about 2 hours. For the next round, I was asked to schedule a phone interview with the head of the BDR program. After speaking with her--questions in rapid succession, less of a "fit" interview--I was called by the original manager and offered a position. The whole process lasted about 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any three jobs in the world, what would they be and why?   Answer Question

Professional Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in October 2014.

The interview was relatively transparent and quick running. First I had a phone call with the hiring manager from Toronto and it was basically her telling me about the position and NetSuite and then at the end I talked about myself very briefly. Then I had to take a 8 question online accounting quiz followed by a short behavioral interview with a different hiring manager. They made it seem like the quiz was basically irrelevant so I am unsure of its purpose. After I passed this round I was offered a hour long on campus interview with a current employee. This was strictly behavioral.

After this we were invited to a 3-day long Super Day in Chicago. The first day was just a social dinner, second day a full day of interviews and the third day was a half day of group interviews. The Super Day was somewhat disorganized and contained a large amount of down time. A lot of schedule changes were made throughout. It would have been nice if this was shortened as we were all very busy students.

Interview Questions
    • -What is the most creative thing you've ever done
      -How would you help motivate a struggling team member
      -What motivates you
      Super Day:
      -In a group interview with 4 candidates asked regarding 2 of the 4: which one of you should get the job.
      -Had to do a CSV import into NetSuite
      -Given a list of 15 items and had to rank them in importance if your flight crashes on the moon
      -Write an essay on why NetSuite

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in October 2014.

I met a recruiter at our Career Fair and gave her my resume. After speaking with her she said she would pass my resume on to the hiring manager. Shortly after, the hiring manager contacted me and we set up a phone interview. After speaking with her, she streamlined the process a bit for my because I had another offer already on the table. So, shortly after our phone call I was scheduled to speak with the BDR manager of the Austin office. That was exactly how the other reviews said it was, fast paced. Nothing difficult, but the type of interview that you aren't sure if you did well or not. Luckily, a week or so later, I was contacted to say that they would like to invite me to the office for an onsite interview. I could choose which location to visit, so I chose Chicago. The only negative aspect of this was that I had to pay for the gas it took me to drive to Chicago and my parking in Chicago. Normally companies will comp that. I first spoke to a BDR who has been working for just a few months, then the Chicago BDR manager, then someone who graduated from the BDR program, and lastly talked to the BDR manager of the east coast offices. Each interview was great! We just had conversations about what I want in a role, who I am, about my internships. There was literally zero questions meant to stump you. Very positive interview and after each interview I became more and more excited about the company and the position. 3 days later I got a call saying I got the offer. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all just asking about yourself and a very low key sales pitch.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer, Product Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in October 2014.

We contacted through LinkedIn from a Netsuite recruiter.
    1. Introduction call from recruiter
    2. Scheduled 1 hour take home test (text file with questions). 2 Math based code questions. 2 SQL using aggregate joins
    3. Technical phone interview with lead programmer. Math based coding and logic problem. I took the call away from my desk. Pen and paper would have helped alot!
    4. Onsite interview - 2 people - 2 programming questions.

Overall impressed with the recruitment process!

Interview Questions
    • The very limited time given for the take home test for the complexity.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetSuite in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and had a phone interview. It was one of the best interviews I ever had simply because it was casual and professional. We had a conversation about what they're looking for, what I do now and what I'm looking for. There was no mincing words and I felt we were on the same page. Unfortunately, I think we interviewed a little too late because the local office had just extended an offer to another candidate. I would love for another opportunity though!

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NetSuite.

Had email back and forth with a recruiter, had a screening phone interview that was pretty typical, then after the promise of moving on to the next round and being contacted shortly, never heard back.. Not sure why, and no answer was given to my follow up.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in September 2014.

Interview process included four interviews. Process took about three weeks with internal recruiter arranging each interview. Final interview was a video conference. Each interview lasted approximately one hour with question ranging from in depth discussion of work history to salary expectations and self evaluation of strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • What would you feel other people would identify as your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer, Product Development Interview

The recruiter does a lengthy resume and immediately starts a test on programming.
    The programming test is simple when you compare with other tech companies in bay area. The test is done offline and you email the results. Once you finish the test ( results prove it) , the recruiter sends your resume to the hiring manager with all the info.
    I got a negative response, but considering I got offers from tech companies like linkedin who have intensive programming interviews, not sure what the hiring bar for netsuite is...

I got scant information on the job description - except for the standard it is a programming job for financial cloud. If you search for interviews with NetSuite, you will see some bad experience for someone else - they got bumped around from one position to another after interviews are done. So, it might be good to get a chance to discuss with hiring manager before moving forward with tests, I'm not sure if the recruiters have complete knowledge of the requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions - write sql join for a given set of tables; write a program to do a simple math - they provide you with the formula, it is just writing programming statement; remove duplicate in sorted array.   Answer Question