NetSuite

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetSuite.

Very open interview process, great access to execs and genuine interest in what I want to do with my career.

Flexible

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetSuite in October 2013.

Very professional! My recruiter, Merelie, was in communication with me even on weekends and was very responsive to all my questions. I had two interviews, the first one I met three people. The hiring manager, David Thompson, was very down to earth and up front about the departments challenges and goals for the year. I also met with two HR Business Partners as it was very important to the team and organization that whomever they hired was a good fit with the team. I returned the following week to meet with the SVP of Human Resources. Kathy Zwickert's enthusiasm was very positive and exciting and I could immediately tell she was very excited about joining NetSuite, which supported my decision.

Interview Questions
    I had some discussions with Merelie whom took it back to the team. The entire process took a bit longer as I was just getting married in two weeks when they contacted me so they followed up with me after I returned.

Director of Executive Comp, Equity and Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in September 2013.

The people that I interviewed were very professional, happy ane engaged with their work. That is something that I have not experienced in my current company. People were very busy but passonate about their work so it was very easy to make a decision to join the company. Frankly, i had anohter similar offer that I received first but it was not a difficult decision at all to switch my mind and decision. People makes all the differences. They were very freindly and enthusiastic about their work and proud to be a part of growing organization.

Principal Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NetSuite.

I was contacted by a company recruiter based on my LinkedIn profile. After an initial phone call, I updated my resume and submitted it. Then everything went very quickly: half hour phone interview with lead in Georgia and three-hour series of interviews with the team at headquarters. Within days I had a verbal offer and, after my references were checked, an offer letter. Just over three weeks from initial contact to offer letter. Very impressive ability to make a decision and act on it!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a series of accounting questions. Fortunately, I'd been warned that my previous accounting background was one of the things they liked about me. Still, I missed an easy question: after assets and liabilities, what makes a balance sheet balance? In my defense, it's been 20 years since I looked at a balance sheet.   View Answer
    I probably could have negotiated since they were recruiting me, but the offer was very good, and I didn't feel the need.

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in August 2013.

NetSuite recruiter Greg Freed provided excellent communication and diligently assisted in helping me speak to the right people. Interviews lasted 30-45 mins. in length and were relaxed but structured. I had several phone interviews and spoke with three people in person. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about examining a statement of work and the contracts review process.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at NetSuite in May 2013.

1. One of the interviewer did not shake my hand either at the beginning or in the end, even if I offered to.

2. In less than 20 mins' talk about my projects, I was told directly by the first interviewer, that "I think you are not going to pass the interview". I tried very hard to make my interview back to the normal process with smiling face, but I think he hate me so much... ...

3. At the end of talking to the interviewer, I asked "What's the innovation about NetSuite or in your daily work?" I got the answer "Nothing".

Assume I am a really bad candidate, should I be treated like that ?
    Do you want to be the one that have the same experience as me ?

The rest of the team seems to be normal.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in May 2013.

My interview process with Netsuite was great. The recruiter I worked with was very proactive and always kept me up to date with any developments. The interview process was expeditious and they were very accommodating, scheduling wise. This experiences is definitely one of the best hiring/interview process that I have had in my career.

Interview Questions
    • No one question stands out. Some questions were certainly challenging, but all were fair and reasonable for a potential employer to ask.   Answer Question

Professional Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NetSuite in February 2013.

A couple of phone interviews with recruiters, then hiring manager onsite.
    The recruiter was worthless, has since left, but I heard more bad feedback about other recruiters. Very different story with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of detail an in-depth questions. I was impressed by the quality of the interview of the hiring manager.   Answer Question
    The recruiter was worthless, but I got what I wanted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at NetSuite in February 2013.

Great process, well thought out with senior leadership engagement in the process.

Simple and transparent.

In Human Resources and Recruiting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetSuite.

Hiring process was easy. Completed an online application from LinkedIn that sent me to the company website. The first phase was a telephone interview. Second phase was a face to face meeting where I met the Director and the team members there. I then submitted references, and completed an online background check inquiry.

Interview Questions
    • All typical interview questions. Do research on any company before you interview so that you know their product and company background. Sell yourself!!! They foster creativity and self confidence.   Answer Question
    I was offered what I asked for and more, with the bonus structure. I was also blown away by the RSU Stock grants, benefits that start day 1, and for exempt employees, unlimited time off. Also they are very family friendly and allow you to telecommute.