Netbuilder Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.9

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netbuilder (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview took about six hours including lunch time. It was a group interview. We were asked to come up with an idea for a product by researching the business potential, building the prototype, creating the advertisement, and etc. Overall, the interview felt pressured and it was the most unforgettable experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netbuilder.

Interview

This was a very negative experience. The recruiter called me on Thanksgiving and, after I told him I was uninterested and hung up, he sent me "more information" via email less than 5 minutes later. Turned me off to the whole idea of working for this company. Overall, very unprofessional and rude.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netbuilder (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Assessment day. Around 20 people attended, and they assigned us 19 tasks. A bit chaotic, probably intentional to see how we do in that type of situation. they called out candidates for interview throughout the day for interview. Interview itself were easy. There was a mix of people from Computer Science background, Physics, Engineering... etc. So for some it would be harder to stand out. I did not get the offer in the end, but my advice would be on the day: be involved! Don't be in the background and make yourself present and memorable. Also know the the principles of Java for the interview. Its important.

Interview Questions

• What does the `static` keyword mean in Java? What's special about primitives in Java? In addition, normal question about how I got into I.T. from Engineering.   1 Answer

Graduate Gateway Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview followed by assessment day. group tasks that were to be achieved by end of day. Tasks included; Design a webpage for a local landmark, take a group photo, write a themed song etc. As a group we were expected to elect a project manager for the day and to organise the taks and a lunch break. The day was good fun and finished around four.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Arrived in the morning, had a outline of the company followed by an outline of the tasks we had to do during the assessment day. They were honest about how we would be in charge of all aspects of the assessment day

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that made me feel at home and calm, in which I was described the job and questioned on my previous experiences and work. This was followed by an assessment day, during which I had another interview that was again calm and professional.

Interview Questions

• What was your dissertation on?   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

An initial telephone interview by the recruitment team which were exceptionally friendly and extremely helpful with answering any questions. The assessment day was challenging and enjoyable at the same time, it makes you start to think about every little detail in even the simplest of tasks. At no point did I feel like I was under any serious pressure or scrutiny from recruiters and trainers. They were highly professional and welcoming. Even the meet and greet of current trainees was good as they didnt have a bad thing to say.

Interview Questions

• what is object oriented programming?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netbuilder.

Interview

After my initial telephone interview I had an assessment day a week after. It was surprisingly fun for an assessment day, I didn't always understand why I had to do the tasks that were asked of me but I now realise it was to see how I work under pressure. I highly rate their assessment day.

Recruitment Resourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Worthing, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a very quick turn around from the initial call to interview/offer. I was very pleased with how the interview went and was not intimidated, even though I was interviewed by two people. Liam was very helpful and answered all the questions that I had about the role. I'm really glad I accepted the offer!

Interview Questions

• What sort of targets were you given in your last role?   Answer Question

Gateway Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Worthing, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a team assessment day. The phone interview covers technical knowledge and background. It also covers a specific project you've done in the past, how you tackled it, and what problems you might have faced. The team assessment day includes a technical exam and a group exercise. It is a great opportunity to showcase how you deal and work with others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Clearly understand the conditions of your placement and that you will need to be flexible all over the UK.