Netbuilder

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Netbuilder in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who interviewed be immediately. It was very informal and basocally him asking general questions regarding my career plans. He went on to invite my to the assessment day.

The assessment day is structured really well beginning at 10am and ending at 5pm. The end of the day lasted longer but it was a really fun day.

Beginning with an intro presentation by the companies representatives the day started well enough. We was then informed about group tasks and that interviews would run along side these tasks.

At first it came across that the room would be split into groups however the entire 23 people room came as one group.

A project manager was elected and the tasks split between numerous people. Even organising lunch was a group task.

The interviews where one techical and one business and these where focusing on your technical expertise and your academia and expectations in terms of salary.

Interview Question – Explain what .NET is.
Explain multi threading.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Haven't been offered anything yet. Will find out in 48 hours

Graduate Gateway Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Netbuilder.

Interview Details – It was an assessment day at the netbuilder academy in worthing. We were in a small office building in a random location. The day started off with a talk about the company and what the graduates would be offered. The salary was quite small but offered extras depending on how regularly you worked after training. The interview itself was not very hard, just going over the CV and basic interview questions.

Interview Question – Write an algorithm for a prime number in pseudo code. I had never heard of pseudo code before that day and even when explained was not able to get the question.   Answer Question

Graduate Gateway Programmer Interview

Graduate Gateway Programmer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Netbuilder in January 2014.

Interview Details – People in the interviewing process was very kind and nice. All the interviewing questions had to do with the role I was pursuing and I had the chance to have a friendly chat with one of the interviewers and to share some professional anecdotes. However, the whole process is way too long (3/4 interviews!!!) for an entry position.

Interview Question – There were not real difficult questions, sometimes there was some mismatch about naming and vocuabulary that might make the interview look a bittle bit difficult, but as long as you fulfill the requirements for the position, the interview will go well.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer while the interviewing process was on (did I say that the process was very long?)

Graduate Gateway Consultant
Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Netbuilder.

Interview Details – Assessment day including interview

Graduate Gateway Consultant
Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Netbuilder.

Interview Details – Applied with CV + cvering letter. Then got invited to an apprentice-like assessment day which consistent of team-building activites and tasks. There were two interviews, one to assess experience with computers and the other with a weird logic problem.

Interview Question – The technical interview got me a little flustered. Just don't panic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They never even sent a contract and were very misleading about the salary during the assessment day.

Worked for Netbuilder? Contribute to the Community!