Netezza Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Netezza in October 2010.

I first had a phone screen. The hiring manager was very personable. Then I had a 5 hour on site interview. I am local so there was no travel issues.

Every person I spoke with in the interview was nice. The seemed like a close team.

Unfortunately they were looking for someone with kernel programming experience. I wish this was more upfront so I would not have wasted my time.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netezza in May 2010.

phone interview contain two round, the 1st round is just check your background and introduce yourself.
    In the 2nd round, the interviewer will ask you some questions about SQL, Linux, Data structure and puzzle. Not very difficult. The guy interview me are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • question about sql, linux cmd, data structure and puzzle   Answer Question

I am in west coast which is far from Boston, and they refuse to pay for the ticket and hotel.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Netezza in April 2009.

General phone interview to cover background and skills with Engineering Manager. This was followed up with an on-site interview with members of the engineering team. 1:1 interviews were varied but it soon became clear that my skills were not quite a match for the position so interview became more of a personality test without any detailed tests/questions.

Interview Questions
    • How to maintain database record consistency when updating rows which are accessed by multiple CPUs with minimal record locking.   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Netezza in April 2010.

First I spoke to the manager of Sales Engineering and then with the sales representative. I took 4 online tests to evaluate technical capability. After these interviews, they flew me to Boston where I met with Sales Engineering Manager and Director. I also met with the Director of Sales. I went through additional 2 tests and then presented some content to all of them.

Based on feedback, I was told that I did all the interviews well, but they felt that I would be a better fit for a more established company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle objections during a sales call or presentation?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netezza in January 2010.

Very traditional and straightforward. I had three rounds of phone interviews with sales, engineering, and sales again, then I flew to their office and interviewed in person with most of the same people as well as some C level people. Two days later, they gave me the offer. Over the next week, they moved very quickly with the paperwork. Very professional. When they want something, they're aggressive about it.

Interview Questions
    • The Presentation - it was sprung as a surprise (although I got tipped off during lunch, so I had at least a few minutes). They ask you to stand up and present on something, anything that you've worked on or sold or designed or implemented in the past and pretend to sell it to them as they are customers.   Answer Question
    They're pretty standard with their salary, I haven't had to do much negotiation, but that's primarily because their standard salary was higher than I was making at my previous employer. There might be some flexibility if I was coming from a job or competitive situation where I was making as much or more than the offer. But I wouldn't know.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Netezza in July 2008.

Interview process began with a quick phone chat where the interviewer and I went over my background. Subsequently, an onsite interview was scheduled quickly. I was very impressed with the accommodation and transportation arrangements - it was all paid for and there was no reimbursement hassles. I spoke with 5-6 people, each session lasting approximately 45 minutes. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and it was a very enjoyable process. In between a couple of interviews, I got a tour of the facilities. Overall, it seemed like a pretty good place to work.

Interview Questions
    • How would you parallelize an aggregation operation?   View Answer

Had a better competing offer.