Netflix

Netflix Content Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Content Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Netflix.

My experience was very similar to that of the person who interviewed for "enhanced content catalog manager"..

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter. Recruiter was prompt but somewhat generic and repetitive in their replies. We scheduled a "phone chat" to discuss my background as it related to the position, etc. It lasted less than 20 minutes. We then scheduled a second phone call with the "hiring manager" for the team. Hiring manager asks several of the same questions (but it's ok; I get that I'm talking to a different person). I get a more fleshed out idea of what the position entails and the manager tells me to expect the recruiter to contact me again to schedule another series of interviews. I follow-up with thanks e-mail but don't hear back.

Face to face interviews go pretty well - very generic interview questions. I follow-up with another thanks e-mail but don't receive a reply. I later receive a voice mail telling me that "although feedback was positive the team didn't think you were a perfect match".

Everyone was plenty personable, but in retrospect I just didn't feel any chemistry coming from them, no positive vibes that gave me a gut feeling that I knew I would see them again. Recruiter was ok - but did not have accurate knowledge of certain aspects of the position. And - very corporate and generic.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Content Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Netflix in April 2012.

The HR interviewer was very knowledgeable about the position, and was able to answer complex questions. They send you to an online presentation that describes the company position, and the culture so that limited some of the questions I had on my end and is crucial to some of the back and forth you need to establish a good report on the phone. Overall great experience, they made themselves available during the process and got back to me right away. I will definitively apply again if a position opens that could be a better fit.

Interview Questions