Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Netflix (Portland, OR).

Interview

Started with a phone interview, and then a group interview. It turned into survivor, with people being cut after every round. The process included a computer skills test, mock phone calls, and a one on one with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of personality questions and hypothetical situations.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

First applied online. 2 days later, got an email from the recruiter, she gave me links to do different tests (1. Typing test, need at least 35wpm. 2. Grammar test, just to make sure you know how to read and speak basically. 3. Netflix help center test. Basic questions about basic technical stuff) and also a link to do a video interview type thing. It asks basic netflix related questions and you film your response. Unlimited time from when you read the question to when you respond, but your response has to be under 30s. Just relax and be calm and laidback. Netflix's major thing is that they aren't hiring for an actual call center, so dont give off a call center vibe.
    After that, a couple days later, the recruiter emailed me back and asked for a time id be available for a phone interview. She called me the next day and asked me normal interview questions (name a time you went above and beyond for a customer, a time you recieved feedback and implemented it, etc). Then we scheduled an in person interview.
    For the in person interview, I dressed very casually, like leggings and a tshirt. I got to the interview about 20 minutes early and waited for the other applicants to arrive (its a group interview). 3 other people arrived, and we all talked about our favorite movies and shows until the recruiter called us all back. The recruiter and 2 other netflix people introduce themselves and then asked us to introduce ourselves and say our favorite movie/tvshow. Then they do scenarios. The first is a non-netflix related question, the second is a netflix related question, where you use their online help center to answer. I suggest familiarizing yourself with the help center before you interview, its the same one that customers use.
    Throughout the interview, i stayed happy and excited. I complimented everyone else's roleplays when they asked what we thought of the scenarios. Engaged with the interviewers along with the other interviewees. The biggest thing netflix cs wants is a human experience, where you're a real human talking to other real humans. No robotic responses.
    At the end, they'll begin walking people out of the building one by one. The first people taken out are those who don't recieve a position. However, in my experience, i was one of the first people walked out, but i was walked into another room to be offered the position. Two others in my interview group were also hired, and we filled out our paperwork on the spot, so bring your drivers license and social security card or other 2 forms of identification in case you do get hired.
    Overall, stay positive, laid back, understanding, casual, make sure not to be too professional, and be a real human, not fake.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite tvshow and movie and how do you like to watch them?   1 Answer
    • Name 5 devices you can watch Netflix on. (This was on the initial application)   1 Answer
    • What was a customer service experience that you recieved that you enjoyed as the customer?   1 Answer
    • What was a good customer service experience where you were the one providing customer service?   1 Answer
    • What do these experiences have in common? What makes them stand out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Fairly Easy for someone who is not shy or nervous around people. Role Playing is a huge part. Also only apply if you have empathy and oooh do not be callcenter-y! although you are applying to work at a call center. Although I have never worked at a call center.. I was way too professional for them. So I suggest being laid back and just talk about favorite actors, movies, etc, and dress like your homeless. Which was surprising to me, but hey that's their environment...and i'm just a little jelly because if i would of gotten the job I would had loved to come in to work wearing jeans and flip flops...

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

It was a different kind of interview which was good the only problem was if you didn't know someone already working there you were out of luck. You can totally tell they go by referrals not by skills. About 4 people who did great still didn't get a offer because we didn't know people working there. Also one girl who knew someone pulled out a bag of m&m s and started eating so loud still got a offer!!

Interview Questions

• It was in the form of two role plays   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

The first group interview consisted of a brief introduction of Netflix and a 10 question test using Netflix Help Desk to answer those questions. The second interview was group-based with role-play situations. I did well but was told I was too professional and was not offered the job accordingly, which is fine. I take a lot pride in my work and my appearance and I wasn't offended when I didn't receive the offer of employment. Why? Well, for starters, they seem to only hire people who don't really care about their hygiene or appearance. The very first person I saw when I walked in, was a girl who greeted us that looked liked she hadn't slept in a couple days nor cared to. She had flips flops on and I could see and smell her filthy feet the whole time she talked to us, which wasn't pleasant by any means. Then, the guy she handed us off to, who facilitated the group interview, was nice but he was chewing food during the whole interview (90 minutes) and most of it made it into his beard, not his mouth. While on the floor, I saw a few people I recognized but not in a good way. I saw one guy that got fired from my last job for snorting meth in the bathroom. That said, Netflix is NOT my ideal place to work but if you don't care what you look like, how you smell, or even if you're comfortable working with drug dealers and users, than this is probably the BEST job for you. On a slightly positive note, it was definitely the weirdest, most unorthodox interview I have ever participated in and I will never forget it. My tip: If you REALLY want the job, don't go to sleep two days prior to your interview, don't shower, on your way to the interview maybe grab a $20 crack rock from your local drug dealer and rock out and you'll most likely get an offer of employment that day. If you're not one of those people, I would just not apply because that is EXACTLY what it will be like working there.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked pertained to situations that require you to use Netflix Help Desk.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netflix (West Valley City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring was done by a third party staffing agency, which was fine. They did a presentation and screening interview at their location. If we passed the screening, they then scheduled us for a group interview at the actual NetflixCS location. The interview at NetflixCS was done in a group. We went around the table and answered questions and then we did simulated customer service scenarios. We received feedback on the first scenario that we were supposed to apply to the second scenario. After that, the interviewers went into another room and made hiring decisions. We knew on the spot if we were hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they asked us what our favorite TV show or movie was and how we we preferred to watch said TV show or movie.   1 Answer
    • What customer service meant to us.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Netflix in January 2015.

Interview

I applied via their website. I received an email about 12 days later asking to come in for a tech assessment which was done in a group phase of about 8 ppl. The tech assessment was just to see how well you could navigate on their search engine and as long as you passed the assessment you would get to do a small role play with the recruiter. If you pass the role play you will be asked to schedule a second and final interview. Final interview was also a group interview where we watched a slide show about netflix and then had to answer two role play scenarios. The supervisors were really critical but it really helped us break out of our shells and show our true personality.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly easy, it was just the fear of getting over role plays.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They go through a recruiting agency for payroll so i did not have the chance to negotiate. Pay is still really good for the line of work.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview, about 6-8 people in a room they show you a presentation and then ask you one question. Then had to answer two mock customer service questions over the phone. First question is a made up scenario but a typical customer service question. The second question was a specific Netflix technical question that you had to answer using there system. Didn't require a resume or ask to see it. All they have you do is fill out an application.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie & tv show.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Easy job to get, just apply online, no walk-ins, and no calls. Once you apply online they will call you, so answer all calls the number had a 204 area code. The first interview consisted of a typing test and grammar test. If you pass those tests then you will be given a short computer literacy test, followed by a short interview (nothing to worry about just common sense). If you qualify to this point you will be given a second interview. At the second interview get there about 15-20 minute early, they will have you take another short test about www.help.netflix.com. You will look up answers to questions using help.netflix.com. There was one question about an audio problem while watching netflix on a kindle fire, the answer is to reboot the device, but you will not find a specific answer on the help site. After that comes the role playing part of the interview. Two team leaders give an imaginary scenario, where they pretend they are calling customer service (you), with a problem. Remember they are not looking for you to solve any problems, they want to see you build relationship with this fake customer. First thing to remember is to relax there is no wrong answers, second ask for the callers name and proceed to engage the customer in way that entertains and befriend the customer. Remember your goal is solely to befriend the customer, the customer's problem will not be fixable show try to make comments on the callers name, situation, but keep it funny and entertaining.

Interview Questions

• The role playing please be as fake as possible, to build a short friendship.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Netflix (Clearwater, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Two step interview, met with a Team lead the second time. Be prepared to he asked questions about what you would do in certain scenarios. Wanted to see how I would respond to different situations.