Netflix

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty quick. Took a technical test for the first interview and then a face to face interview with a Team Lead. After that I took an interactive group interview where they weeded out the weaker prospects.

Interview Question – What is your 90 Day Plan if we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotioations.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Netflix in November 2009.

Interview Details – the interview Was pretty amazing. at first in meeting in a group interview can seem intimidating but you get past it quick. then you go into a room an really get to know about the company and about the other people in te group. the interview seemed to drag alittle bit while waiting for everyone to answear. was really drawin in by alot of the positive noise about netflix. not sure really what the best move is. the don't give you an answear right away. something you have to wait for.

Interview Question – pick a netflix value an relate it to customer service   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Be ready to provide specifics surrounding your skills and experience. Think about creative solution oriented responses. Very focused on your ability to engage customers. Exude confidence. Be prepared to role play. And don't be late. Very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Question – The role playing scenarios required you to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None necessary, they pay well.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Netflix in February 2010.

Interview Details – You are first screened via telephone. If that goes well, you're invited to a group interview where you answer/ask questions, take quizzes, etc.

The people conducting the group interview were usually the ones that also called you. They were uptight.

You receive a call and email - and after the group interview you are asked if you're still interested in pursuing a job with Netflix. You then submit your screening info for a background check. Then you're invited to training, which is 1 week of "classes" and 1 week of "School of Rock" or on the floor training.

Interview Question – What would you tell someone that is calling to talk about how Blockbuster is better than Netflix?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As a CSR, there is no room for negotiation.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Netflix in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had a 45-minute phone interview and then a 2-hour group interview with role playing and a few minor easy tests to take. I was hired and put in a notice to quit my job. Then the day I arrived for training, it became a nightmare scenario:

After Netflix hired me, they gave me a starting time to arrive to start the 2-week training. When I arrived, I was told that they only hired the first 50 people that arrived and I would not be given a job to work there.

I was employed at the time of interviewing with Netflix and since they offered me the job I quit the one I had. Now I have no job and cannot receive unemployment compensation due to quitting. At no point during my interview process when I was offered the job was I told "we will only hire who arrives first".

Based on how poorly Netflix has treated their customer base as of lately and my nightmare experience dealing with this company, I just hope karma works its magic in the end.

This entire ordeal has been a nightmare and I will probably be forced to break my lease, owe thousands of dollars in remaining rent, and will move back home despite having lived on my own the last 10 years with a solid job history. I cannot believe that any company would do to me what Netflix did.

If I had discoved Glassdoor and read the employee reviews written about this customer service call center, I would still have my life and the ability to pay my own bills working my old job.

Interview Questions

Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Netflix in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in November 2013 and was called a few days after I applied, and was offered an in person interview for the next day. She told me Orientation if hired will being this Friday and will start working on Monday. for 90 days no call offs, no lateness. an agreeable hourly wage which will be bumped up after the 90 days. She asked me about my computer skills, customer service skills basic interview questions.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Applied online was called a few days later. Answered some questions over the phone and made it into the in person interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever used Netflix?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hard to say, the entire organization has likely changed a lot since then. I no longer use Netflix so I have little to do with them anymore and I'm not sure how much has changed. I did not negotiate much when I started starting salary was alright.

Santa Clarita, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Netflix in August 2012.

Interview Details – There was an initial screening from the recruiting agency, followed by a video and a phone call. They asked several questions about why I wanted to work at Netflix and my experience in customer service.

Interview Question – Tell me about a challenging situation with a customer and how you were able to handle it succesfully   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Netflix in September 2008.

Interview Details – Rang for a phone interview immediately after applying online. I was asked to attend a group interview three days later. The process was very relaxed, with a lot of observation by human resources as to the way the group dynamics played out. It appeared the company was looking to expand rapidly as the candidates did not appear to have been vetted according to strict dogma, with a very diverse bunch of candidates within the room.

Interview Question – What do you know about Netflix?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Appeared the position would not be able to provide the personal growth desired.

Hillsboro, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Netflix in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the job through Craigslist. I was called by a lovely woman from Human Resources to set up a phone interview. This interview consisted of questions regarding my experience and background with computers and operating systems. I was then called in for a group interview where we were all given a computer. There was a 20 minute question and answer session where we all got the opportunity to answer the questions. Then there was a short test on the computer. This test was to see how well we were able to navigate the website and find information. It was a timed test and when we were done, we were asked to step out of the room and go to the employee break room to wait. We were then led back into the conference room and given a sheet of paper with information to send an email to them when we arrived back home. We were told that we would be contacted in the next few days when decisions were made. I received a call while driving back home to let me know that I had gotten the position. I never sent to email. She told me the terms of employment and asked me if I would accept the offer. I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – Describe an event where you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, you either accepted the offer or you didn't. All CSR's are paid the same rate and you only get a raise if you get promoted.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!