Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

44 interviews

2.2

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Netflix in November 2009.

the interview Was pretty amazing. at first in meeting in a group interview can seem intimidating but you get past it quick. then you go into a room an really get to know about the company and about the other people in te group. the interview seemed to drag alittle bit while waiting for everyone to answear. was really drawin in by alot of the positive noise about netflix. not sure really what the best move is. the don't give you an answear right away. something you have to wait for.

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview process was pretty quick. Took a technical test for the first interview and then a face to face interview with a Team Lead. After that I took an interactive group interview where they weeded out the weaker prospects.

Interview Questions
    • What is your 90 Day Plan if we hire you?   View Answer
    No negotioations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Be ready to provide specifics surrounding your skills and experience. Think about creative solution oriented responses. Very focused on your ability to engage customers. Exude confidence. Be prepared to role play. And don't be late. Very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • The role playing scenarios required you to think on your feet.   Answer Question
    None necessary, they pay well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Netflix in November 2013.

Applied online in November 2013 and was called a few days after I applied, and was offered an in person interview for the next day. She told me Orientation if hired will being this Friday and will start working on Monday. for 90 days no call offs, no lateness. an agreeable hourly wage which will be bumped up after the 90 days. She asked me about my computer skills, customer service skills basic interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Applied online was called a few days later. Answered some questions over the phone and made it into the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    Hard to say, the entire organization has likely changed a lot since then. I no longer use Netflix so I have little to do with them anymore and I'm not sure how much has changed. I did not negotiate much when I started starting salary was alright.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Netflix in September 2008.

Rang for a phone interview immediately after applying online. I was asked to attend a group interview three days later. The process was very relaxed, with a lot of observation by human resources as to the way the group dynamics played out. It appeared the company was looking to expand rapidly as the candidates did not appear to have been vetted according to strict dogma, with a very diverse bunch of candidates within the room.

Interview Questions

Appeared the position would not be able to provide the personal growth desired.

Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Netflix in September 2009.

the job is like a cattle call.
    if you have an opinion, you won't be hired. if you're quiet, smile, & nod, then you'll be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Netflix in September 2009.

Phone interview was about an hour. They asked me about all my experience. I felt like she was surfing the internet at the same time. I was asked to go to a group interview.

The group interview was kind of contrived. It seemed like I was in a contest to see who worshipped the company the most. "Which core value do you like and why?", "What is good customer service and bad customer service?". Blah blah blah, yes, i'll play the game. It was then followed by a contest to find items on the website the fastest (the ones who finished first were actually the ones I was with in the next training class)

They then asked you to write an email to them expressing interest in the job. Hello, i just participated in two of your interviews, I think I'm interested.....

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Netflix in June 2010.

I submitted my application online, the next day a recruiter called me and we set up a time for a phone interview. We had a great conversation and we set up a group interview time. The group interview was pretty fun basically just listened about the company and then listened to some calls and we participated in discussions about how the call went. We took a skills test and received an email about a follow-up

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really that hard, everything was really how you feel about a certain situation. Like what does good customer service mean to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in September 2010.

The initial phone interview took about 30 minutes. The usual questions about your customer service experience, including a specific occasion in which you went above and beyond what was required of you to help a customer. Also some role playing, where the interviewer plays the role of a caller with a problem that you have to help her/him out with. At the end of the call, we set up a time for me to come in for a group interview.

The group interview was kind of ridiculous. You're going to hear a lot of bubbly talk about how great Netflix is, and how they do things different from their competitors, and blah, blah, blah. Just smile and let them keep talking. You will all be taken to a conference room and made to listen to a Power Point presentation, and then the main interviewer will call on people at random and ask about their impressions of the place and their experiences, if any, with Netflix in the past. Then you'll listen to some actual recorded customer service phone calls. At certain points, the interviewer will stop the tape and then pick a person at random to answer the caller's questions (in character as a CSR). You will get absolutely no feedback during this process, and if you try to bring a bit of levity to the situation the interviewer WILL NOT crack a smile. Just keep everything upbeat, force yourself to keep smiling, and avoid saying something like "I'm sorry, but we can't really help you" and you'll be OK. At the end of the interview, you'll be made to sit at a computer and, using a dummy Netflix login, answer a series of about 20 questions which you can look up the answers for on the site. It's timed, but you shouldn't have much difficulty getting to the end.

Overall, the group interview was an annoying slog to get through, but if you can fake enough enthusiasm, and have the basic conversational skills that most customer service jobs require, you'll do alright.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an occasion in which you provided exceptional customer service in the past.   Answer Question

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!