Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

the interview Was pretty amazing. at first in meeting in a group interview can seem intimidating but you get past it quick. then you go into a room an really get to know about the company and about the other people in te group. the interview seemed to drag alittle bit while waiting for everyone to answear. was really drawin in by alot of the positive noise about netflix. not sure really what the best move is. the don't give you an answear right away. something you have to wait for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick. Took a technical test for the first interview and then a face to face interview with a Team Lead. After that I took an interactive group interview where they weeded out the weaker prospects.

Interview Questions

• What is your 90 Day Plan if we hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotioations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Portland, OR).

Interview

Started with a phone interview, and then a group interview. It turned into survivor, with people being cut after every round. The process included a computer skills test, mock phone calls, and a one on one with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of personality questions and hypothetical situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (West Valley City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring was done by a third party staffing agency, which was fine. They did a presentation and screening interview at their location. If we passed the screening, they then scheduled us for a group interview at the actual NetflixCS location. The interview at NetflixCS was done in a group. We went around the table and answered questions and then we did simulated customer service scenarios. We received feedback on the first scenario that we were supposed to apply to the second scenario. After that, the interviewers went into another room and made hiring decisions. We knew on the spot if we were hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they asked us what our favorite TV show or movie was and how we we preferred to watch said TV show or movie.   1 Answer
    • What customer service meant to us.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix in January 2015.

Interview

I applied via their website. I received an email about 12 days later asking to come in for a tech assessment which was done in a group phase of about 8 ppl. The tech assessment was just to see how well you could navigate on their search engine and as long as you passed the assessment you would get to do a small role play with the recruiter. If you pass the role play you will be asked to schedule a second and final interview. Final interview was also a group interview where we watched a slide show about netflix and then had to answer two role play scenarios. The supervisors were really critical but it really helped us break out of our shells and show our true personality.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly easy, it was just the fear of getting over role plays.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They go through a recruiting agency for payroll so i did not have the chance to negotiate. Pay is still really good for the line of work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Clearwater, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Two step interview, met with a Team lead the second time. Be prepared to he asked questions about what you would do in certain scenarios. Wanted to see how I would respond to different situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied for the job through Craigslist. I was called by a lovely woman from Human Resources to set up a phone interview. This interview consisted of questions regarding my experience and background with computers and operating systems. I was then called in for a group interview where we were all given a computer. There was a 20 minute question and answer session where we all got the opportunity to answer the questions. Then there was a short test on the computer. This test was to see how well we were able to navigate the website and find information. It was a timed test and when we were done, we were asked to step out of the room and go to the employee break room to wait. We were then led back into the conference room and given a sheet of paper with information to send an email to them when we arrived back home. We were told that we would be contacted in the next few days when decisions were made. I received a call while driving back home to let me know that I had gotten the position. I never sent to email. She told me the terms of employment and asked me if I would accept the offer. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event where you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you either accepted the offer or you didn't. All CSR's are paid the same rate and you only get a raise if you get promoted.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

There was an initial screening from the recruiting agency, followed by a video and a phone call. They asked several questions about why I wanted to work at Netflix and my experience in customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation with a customer and how you were able to handle it succesfully   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Be ready to provide specifics surrounding your skills and experience. Think about creative solution oriented responses. Very focused on your ability to engage customers. Exude confidence. Be prepared to role play. And don't be late. Very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• The role playing scenarios required you to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None necessary, they pay well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Farmington Hills, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online in November 2013 and was called a few days after I applied, and was offered an in person interview for the next day. She told me Orientation if hired will being this Friday and will start working on Monday. for 90 days no call offs, no lateness. an agreeable hourly wage which will be bumped up after the 90 days. She asked me about my computer skills, customer service skills basic interview questions.