Netflix

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Be ready to provide specifics surrounding your skills and experience. Think about creative solution oriented responses. Very focused on your ability to engage customers. Exude confidence. Be prepared to role play. And don't be late. Very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Question – The role playing scenarios required you to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None necessary, they pay well.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Applied online, got called within the day for a phone interview and scheduled a group interview. Took a timed typing and website navigation test with a group of people, and was hired within two or three days

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Interview started with a phone screening which lasted 20 minutes and I was asked to come for an interactive interview the following week.I showed up for the interactive interview and there were around five other candidates.We were given a tour of the office and then led to the conference room to meet two HR folks and two other managers.We were individually asked basic customer service related questions and shown a PowerPoint presentation about Netflix.They kept stressing about the importance of being empathetic and understanding the customers.We all agreed and I thought the interactive part went well.Next we were given certain scenarios and we had to role play which was a bit nerve racking but fine.Then there was a computer test on how to find the best solutions for customers calling with general problems and then a written test.After that we shadowed a Netflix customer service rep and listened in on a call.I thought I had done well enough to be hired.Next we were walked to the door and told we would receive an email with a yes or no answer.I waited 3 days to hear back but got no response (these are the same people who stressed about the importance of customer service...what a joke) so I decided to email the recruiter and then got a reply saying they decided not to hire me since my background was not what they were looking for.My question is did they not know my background from my resume and I have been in a customer service role in almost every job I have done.How hard is it to take a call from a customer.This is not rocket science and does not require any specialized skill.Anyone can do this job. Why did they call me for an interview if my background was not what they were looking for.All my information was in my resume which they had.I really was unhappy with the end result. I feel that I was discriminated against.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Applied online was called a few days later. Answered some questions over the phone and made it into the in person interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever used Netflix?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hard to say, the entire organization has likely changed a lot since then. I no longer use Netflix so I have little to do with them anymore and I'm not sure how much has changed. I did not negotiate much when I started starting salary was alright.

Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Netflix in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in November 2013 and was called a few days after I applied, and was offered an in person interview for the next day. She told me Orientation if hired will being this Friday and will start working on Monday. for 90 days no call offs, no lateness. an agreeable hourly wage which will be bumped up after the 90 days. She asked me about my computer skills, customer service skills basic interview questions.

Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Netflix in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and with in a few days I received a call for a preliminary interview. I was then asked to interview in person the next day. I was offered a late night full time job position and as a full time student, I had to take a few hours to make a decision if I could afford a late night time schedule. The interviewer never gave me a call me back and I was disappointed, I would have taken the job offer.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty basic, before the interview I had to take 3 test. One grammar test, one WPM test, and another test over my knowledge on internet trouble shooting.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – I received a call. They asked a few basic questions(how does Netflix work, name some browsers) and called me in for an interview. I had a typing test and grammar test. The next day we had a hands on interview to see our customer service skills. We then got to sit in with a real chat agent. We sat there for ten minutes asking any questions and we then were all called into a room and the ones that made it were told they were accepted. Only one girl didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – How can you deal with an upset customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $8 per hour while training(training is 2 weeks) and $10 after training.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty quick. Took a technical test for the first interview and then a face to face interview with a Team Lead. After that I took an interactive group interview where they weeded out the weaker prospects.

Interview Question – What is your 90 Day Plan if we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotioations.

Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Netflix in June 2013.

Interview Details – Despite all the bad reviews I went ahead and took the opportunity to work for this company. I had my second interview today and got hired. The managers there are awesome and very friendly the interview was fun . I even got the chance to talk to some employees who told me that they love working there .

Interview Question – Just normal interview questions , with a little bit of roleplaying .nothing difficult   View Answer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Applied on craigslist or netflix.com/careers. Call from hiring manager with a mock phone call first thing.

Interview Question – Mock phone call.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!