Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Netflix in October 2009.

Pleasant, somewhat mysterious.

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

The process took a weekinterviewed at Netflix in September 2009.

the job is like a cattle call.
    if you have an opinion, you won't be hired. if you're quiet, smile, & nod, then you'll be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Netflix in September 2009.

Phone interview was about an hour. They asked me about all my experience. I felt like she was surfing the internet at the same time. I was asked to go to a group interview.

The group interview was kind of contrived. It seemed like I was in a contest to see who worshipped the company the most. "Which core value do you like and why?", "What is good customer service and bad customer service?". Blah blah blah, yes, i'll play the game. It was then followed by a contest to find items on the website the fastest (the ones who finished first were actually the ones I was with in the next training class)

They then asked you to write an email to them expressing interest in the job. Hello, i just participated in two of your interviews, I think I'm interested.....

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Netflix in September 2009.

Someone called me on the phone and asked a bunch of questions about how I would handle customer situations. She asked if I had ever worked in a call center. She was nice and asked me to come in for an interview. It was a group interview and we watched a powerpoint. Then we took tests. Then we answered questions.

No negotiation. They told me the pay and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Netflix in June 2009.

A recruiter called me and gave a short interview over the phone. She asked me what I knew about the company, why I was drawn to the customer service call center, and what customer service meant to me. She also went over a few things on my resume to confirm a few details. The conversation lasted less than twenty minutes. At the end she said she would let me know about the status of the job in the next week.

Overall I got a bad vibe from the recruiter even though it was just over the phone. That alone is a turn off.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to handle a difficult customer. How do you take care of the situation?   View Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

I have yet to officially decline the offer, but I probably will. The only shifts they are hiring is early morning (starting at 4am) and swing shift (ending at around 1am). Since I applied I've heard some pretty low reviews on the call center job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Netflix in September 2007.

A recruiter called me to ask a couple general screening questions and basically verify what my resume said. At the end of the 5 minute conversation she asked if I would be able to interview in person later in the week. I met with the HR manager at the call center. She went over my resume with me and asked a couple "what would you do in this situation.." type questions. I gave as detailed of responses as possible and the interview was over. She said she would be in contact if they were going to make a job offer.
    The next day I was offered the job, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a customer who was extremely angry about repeated delays in recieving her movies?   Answer Question
    There was no chance at negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netflix.

Applied on craigslist or netflix.com/careers. Call from hiring manager with a mock phone call first thing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Netflix in May 2011.

After applying online for a second time I was called. Call one was just to set up the first phone interview. The phone interview was really more of a walk through about the skills test and group interview. Although this may not be the case for everyone. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the company and basic home internet networking. The 1:1 interview was rather short and nothing memorable. The skills test was then given at a computer. Then the group interview later that day. Where concepts like empathy vs sympathy were covered. During this point you need to shine and as out going as possible.

Interview Questions
    • A customer calls and asks you, "Why did my son receive an R rated film?" What do you say to the customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Netflix in April 2010.

phone interview, group interview, test.

Interview Questions

Bad reviews from former employees

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Netflix in September 2008.

Rang for a phone interview immediately after applying online. I was asked to attend a group interview three days later. The process was very relaxed, with a lot of observation by human resources as to the way the group dynamics played out. It appeared the company was looking to expand rapidly as the candidates did not appear to have been vetted according to strict dogma, with a very diverse bunch of candidates within the room.

Interview Questions

Appeared the position would not be able to provide the personal growth desired.