Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied for the job through Craigslist. I was called by a lovely woman from Human Resources to set up a phone interview. This interview consisted of questions regarding my experience and background with computers and operating systems. I was then called in for a group interview where we were all given a computer. There was a 20 minute question and answer session where we all got the opportunity to answer the questions. Then there was a short test on the computer. This test was to see how well we were able to navigate the website and find information. It was a timed test and when we were done, we were asked to step out of the room and go to the employee break room to wait. We were then led back into the conference room and given a sheet of paper with information to send an email to them when we arrived back home. We were told that we would be contacted in the next few days when decisions were made. I received a call while driving back home to let me know that I had gotten the position. I never sent to email. She told me the terms of employment and asked me if I would accept the offer. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event where you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you either accepted the offer or you didn't. All CSR's are paid the same rate and you only get a raise if you get promoted.

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

You are first screened via telephone. If that goes well, you're invited to a group interview where you answer/ask questions, take quizzes, etc.

The people conducting the group interview were usually the ones that also called you. They were uptight.

You receive a call and email - and after the group interview you are asked if you're still interested in pursuing a job with Netflix. You then submit your screening info for a background check. Then you're invited to training, which is 1 week of "classes" and 1 week of "School of Rock" or on the floor training.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell someone that is calling to talk about how Blockbuster is better than Netflix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a CSR, there is no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Netflix (Portland, OR) in December 2009.

Interview

hiring was quick and the interview process was easy. Just asked you how did you handle the last upset customer.

Interview Questions

• how did you handle an upset customer. did a typing test   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

applied onlline and got a phone call the next day to setup for a first phone interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in a phone interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

the interview Was pretty amazing. at first in meeting in a group interview can seem intimidating but you get past it quick. then you go into a room an really get to know about the company and about the other people in te group. the interview seemed to drag alittle bit while waiting for everyone to answear. was really drawin in by alot of the positive noise about netflix. not sure really what the best move is. the don't give you an answear right away. something you have to wait for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2009.

Interview

Pleasant, somewhat mysterious.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Netflix?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

the job is like a cattle call.
    if you have an opinion, you won't be hired. if you're quiet, smile, & nod, then you'll be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2009.

Interview

Phone interview was about an hour. They asked me about all my experience. I felt like she was surfing the internet at the same time. I was asked to go to a group interview.

The group interview was kind of contrived. It seemed like I was in a contest to see who worshipped the company the most. "Which core value do you like and why?", "What is good customer service and bad customer service?". Blah blah blah, yes, i'll play the game. It was then followed by a contest to find items on the website the fastest (the ones who finished first were actually the ones I was with in the next training class)

They then asked you to write an email to them expressing interest in the job. Hello, i just participated in two of your interviews, I think I'm interested.....

Interview Questions

• What does the word empathy mean?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2009.

Interview

Someone called me on the phone and asked a bunch of questions about how I would handle customer situations. She asked if I had ever worked in a call center. She was nice and asked me to come in for an interview. It was a group interview and we watched a powerpoint. Then we took tests. Then we answered questions.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me the pay and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

A recruiter called me and gave a short interview over the phone. She asked me what I knew about the company, why I was drawn to the customer service call center, and what customer service meant to me. She also went over a few things on my resume to confirm a few details. The conversation lasted less than twenty minutes. At the end she said she would let me know about the status of the job in the next week.

Overall I got a bad vibe from the recruiter even though it was just over the phone. That alone is a turn off.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to handle a difficult customer. How do you take care of the situation?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

I have yet to officially decline the offer, but I probably will. The only shifts they are hiring is early morning (starting at 4am) and swing shift (ending at around 1am). Since I applied I've heard some pretty low reviews on the call center job.