Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Netflix
- Customer Service Representative (55)
- Senior Software Engineer (50)
- Software Engineer (13)
- Senior Software Engineer In Test (9)
- Operations Supervisor (6)
- Manager (5)
- Director of Engineering (5)
- Marketing Manager (5)
- Engineering (5)
- Coordinator (4)
- Director (4)
- Customer Service Supervisor (4)
- Data Scientist (4)
- CSR-1 (4)
- Senior Data Scientist (3)
- Engineering Manager (3)
- Engineer (3)
- Recruiter (2)
- Senior QA Engineer (2)
- Senior UNIX Administrator (2)
- Data Analyst (2)
- Operations Manager (2)
- Senior Financial Analyst (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Designer (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Lab Engineer (2)
- Global Customer Service Representative (2)
- Content (2)
- Supervisor (2)
Customer Service Supervisor Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2011.
Very easy. Phone screen with a recruiter and then a panel interview with the job offered to me on the spot at the conclusion of the interview.
- Nothing really. Very behavioral in all senses to see how I react to pressure, conflict and my management style. Answer Question
They asked how much I wanted per year. I told them and they countered 3k less. I accepted on the spot.
Other Interview Reviews for Netflix
Customer Service Supervisor InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2010.
I was contacted by a Netflix recruiter and we set up a 1:1 phone interview. The interview went very smoothly and it was clear that I was able to exceed expectations in the position. I sent a thank you letter that was set to arrive approximately 7 days after the interview. I followed up with a phone call 2 weeks later and they did not return my phone call or acknowledge me as an applicant in the running for the position. Approximately 1 month later, another recruiter from the same location interviewed me for the exact same position and had no idea that I had already interviewed for the position.
- How would you handle an employee that has attendance issues when we do not have an attendance policy in place? 1 Answer
Customer Service Supervisor InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2009.
Multiple emails resulted in a face to face with upper management.
- Why Netflix? Answer Question
Easy. The offer came immediately after the interview. Advice: Don't just chase the higher $ amount....the chances are that you will not be getting it for long. Sometimes the smaller paycheck is worth the stability.
Customer Service Supervisor InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Netflix in May 2010.
Emailed resume, called for phone interview, brought in for second and third in-person interviews. Job offer call was received two days later.
- Why would someone with your background feel qualified for this position. Answer Question