Netflix

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

DevOps Engineer Interview

Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Netflix in January 2013.

Interview Details – One recruiter call, a hiring manager call, and a technical call, followed by an on-site interview. During this time, the employer didn't bother to find out whether the position was actually a DevOps position or a software engineer position. By the time I got on site, I guess they decided that it was a software engineer position (with a slight focus on operations).

Some interviewers on site were prepared and professional, others were not. Overall, the experience was negative. I should never have been on site for an interview because I clearly did not have the skill set they were looking for, since I have a stronger ops background than a dev background.

Given the reviews indicating a culture of fear at Netflix, and my experience interviewing, I won't pursue a position with this company.

Interview Question – Most questions were out of my area of specialty.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix DevOps Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees and interview candidates.