Netflix

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Netflix in January 2013.

One recruiter call, a hiring manager call, and a technical call, followed by an on-site interview. During this time, the employer didn't bother to find out whether the position was actually a DevOps position or a software engineer position. By the time I got on site, I guess they decided that it was a software engineer position (with a slight focus on operations).

Some interviewers on site were prepared and professional, others were not. Overall, the experience was negative. I should never have been on site for an interview because I clearly did not have the skill set they were looking for, since I have a stronger ops background than a dev background.

Given the reviews indicating a culture of fear at Netflix, and my experience interviewing, I won't pursue a position with this company.

Interview Questions