Netflix

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director
Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in August 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent, know the slide deck before regarding the culture

Interview Question – Where have you failed and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, fast, willing to work with timelines

Director
Los Gatos, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter regarding my resume submittal via their company career site approximately one week after I had applied. The recruiter asked me basic questions related to the position and I also provided him with a high-level description of my background. It was obvious the recruiter was asking questions directly from a pre-prepared screening script.

I was called back the next day and scheduled to hold an additional phone interview with one of the top C-level Executives of the company a few days later. The conversation went well with this individual and I more than satisfied his criteria for being able to perform the job to the point that after our 45-minute conversation he let me know I would be flown to their corporate office in Los Gatos, CA for face-to-face interviews while still on the phone with him.

One week later I am on-site conducting my 5 back-to-back interviews with the leadership and am blowing them out of the water with my knowledge. Everything was going great UNTIL asked what my current total compensation package was with my employer. Let it be known that no one within this organization asked this question until now. Once I informed them of where I stood, things slowly began to turn south and at the end of my interview sessions was told “you are a great fit for this role but we are not sure you would be a fit for our culture”. This was obviously a BS excuse for them to save face with compensation PR. I am sure if my answer to the compensation question was 25k or 30k less than what I told them – I would have been made an offer. What a big waste of time and money for all parties involved.

Interview Question – How do you deal with an employee that is not performing well?   View Answer

Los Gatos, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Netflix in February 2010.

Interview Details – Terrible process. HR was really messed up. Very negative.

People were more concerned about fireing people fast than hiring.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix Director interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees and interview candidates.