Netflix

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Manager Interview

Los Gatos, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in December 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by Netflix. The HR got saw my profile on Linkedin and thought I am a good match.
Did 2 phone interviews, with HR and the Hiring manager.
Interviewed in the office twice, once by the hiring manager , second time a half day interview.
Was asked technical and managerial questions.

The hiring manager came at the end of the day and told me I didn't get the job. I liked the feedback, since most companies don't even bother to notify you that you didn't qualify.

Interview Question – How can you help me work with our partners (asked by the product manager)   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Netflix in January 2011.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend. Invited to an informal interview as a courtesy. Not sure there was really a job available. The talk was perfunctory and not very in-depth. Interviewer spent most of the time talking about his own career and his ups & downs at Netflix. He was not prepared to discuss my resume (even though my skillset matches their business very well), but offered to pass it along to someone who might be interested. Noticed that the office was nearly completely empty in the engineering bullpen. In other words, it was a big waste of time. I sent a thank you note and asked him to please drop me a line about a followup. Nada.

Interview Question – There was not a difficult question.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix Engineering Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees and interview candidates.