Netflix

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

International Advertising Manager Interview

Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a Netflix recruiter via email and was phone screened by that recruiter a few days later. The next week I was phone screened by the hiring manager. It went well. Within a couple days I was asked to come for on-site interviews. The HR department was well versed in arranging travel for candidates and happily catered to my travel preferences. The hotel was nice. My interview schedule consisted of 5 interviews back-to-back with various members of the team I would have worked on as well as the hiring manager (VP) and his boss (Sr. VP). Everyone I met with was friendly, smart and fair. The interviews were not overly difficult if you are qualified for the position and have been through a competency-based interview approach before. One portion of the interview process involved a case-study approach where the questions got progressively harder as the hypothetical scenario unfolded. I felt that each interviewer answered any questions that I asked honestly. At the end of the 5 interviews I had a final interview with the CMO (who has since moved on from Netflix), so the first 5 must have gone well enough for serious consideration. This was also a positive experience. In the end, I had no desire to take the job they ultimately wanted to hire me for - nor did they like me for the job I did want. We left with a mutual understanding that it wasn't a good fit. I was not extended an offer but was left with a lot of respect for the folks I spoke with.

Interview Question – How would you go about testing different subscription offers given the high visibility (and possible viral nature) of any unique rate in the marketplace?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix International Advertising Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees and interview candidates.