Netflix

253 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Senior Data Scientist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and HR got back to me within a couple of weeks. The process took around 3 weeks. The interview with HR was a standard interview where we talked about my background, technical skills, programs I use...etc. HR also asked questions about the company: Why Netflix? Are you a member? What do you think about values of Netflix? Pick 3 that would suits you best and explain why.

After a week, they arranged a phone interview with the Hiring manager. He was very friendly. We talked about my background, he gave information on the position and asked a couple of technical questions.

Interview Question – How do you prevent overfitting and complexity of a model? How do you measure and compare models? How should we approach to attribution modeling to measure marketing efffectiveness?   Answer Question

Language Expert Interview

Language Expert
Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in August 2014.

Interview Details – I was first asked by a recruiter through LinkedIn whether I would be interested in the position. I sent them some further information via email. I was then interviewed (video chat) for about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Digital Account Specialist - Europe Interview

Digital Account Specialist - Europe

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Netflix in August 2014.

Interview Details – The phone interview was very casual. I had spoken to several Netflix recruiters in the past, but this was the first time I talked to someone who actually worked in the department I was interviewing for. The call lasted about 10-15 mins and consisted mostly of a description of the job, the department workflow and what kind of traits they were looking for in the candidate. I was expecting a much more thorough or intense interview given Netflix's reputation of "excellence" and high-performing workers, but the person I spoke to make the company sound rather boring and actually described the job as a "regular job" with "regular benefits" - an invitation for mediocre employees if there ever was one.

Interview Question – Name a difficult situation you were in and how you resolved it? What would you bring to Netflix that makes you better than other candidates?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer

Interviewed at Netflix

Interview Details – Started with recruiter. Basic questions, nothing fancy. Trying to gauge my interest in the job and in Netflix. Next step phone interview with manager. Similar questions but more detail about position. Both people were easy to talk to and not stuffy at all. Next step is face to face.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Netflix?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Specialist Interview

Accounting Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Netflix in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter at Netflix and we had an initial phone interview about a week later. First of all, the recruiter was based out of state. He contacted me on my secondary phone number instead of my main line and the call came late. I had a hard time understanding him to begin with as I think English was his second language. I asked a few questions myself which he answered irrelevantly. The questions were purely experience based and nothing out of the ordinary but I could tell he wasn't an experienced recruiter and didn't seem passionate about the job as most at reputable, big companies don't seem like they're ticking off questions on a checklist but keep the conversation flowing naturally, but geared towards a purpose. I thought to myself the entire time, I wouldn't want to work for this company if these are the values they stand for. In the end, they had already filled the position, but it was really no loss since I hadn't applied in the first place, but they had initially contacted me.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Director of Talent Acquisition Interview

Director of Talent Acquisition

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted via Linked In about this position. The person who initially contacted me left the organization and I didn't hear back from my initial response for several weeks. An initial call was scheduled and conducted by someone not even in the same group. The recruiter was unable to answer my questions about the position. The interview process was outlined to me which included hearing back from the recruiter within a few days. It has been more than two weeks and I haven't heard anything - not even a 'no thank you' email/notification.

Interview Question – I was not asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior User Interface Engineer Interview

Senior User Interface Engineer
Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Netflix in July 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen with hiring manager that included basic algorithm and JavaScript questions. Onsite interview consisted of 4 interviews 1) Data structure and algorithms, and basic JS question 2) Going over home exercise. 3-4) HR and Hiring manager kind not much thinking required

Interview Question – They wanted to have more efficient algorithm that involved doubly linked List with a Hash of nodes to implement a basic cache.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Be ready to provide specifics surrounding your skills and experience. Think about creative solution oriented responses. Very focused on your ability to engage customers. Exude confidence. Be prepared to role play. And don't be late. Very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Question – The role playing scenarios required you to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None necessary, they pay well.

Senior Analyst - Marketing Planning & Analysis - Originals Interview

Senior Analyst - Marketing Planning & Analysis - Originals
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in July 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume via an internal contact, was contacted by HR a week later to schedule a 30 min. phone interview. She sent the culture deck for me to review before our phone call. She was very nice and asked questions about job experience and gave a little bit more background to the position and asked me my thoughts on the Netflix culture. A couple of days later she emailed and said she wants to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager (who is based out in the Los Gatos campus) for the next day. She also sent along Netflix's long term view on their Investor Relations website to review before the call with the hiring manager. Found it an interesting read, but irrelevant to the interview. ~30 min. phone interview with the hiring manager, asked about experience and background and told me what he envisioned for the role. Told me the HR rep would be in contact with me in the next couple of days.

Phone interview with Hiring manager was on Thursday before a holiday, and was contacted by the HR rep on Monday to invite me to come in for an onsite interview. Said the scheduler would contact me. On Wednesday the scheduler contacted me and asked me to come in on Friday, which didn't give me much time to arrange time off from my current employer, which I didn't appreciate. We made it work either way.

Was scheduled to interview with 4 people in a span of 2 hours: the hiring manager (who was in the Beverly Hills office that day), and 2 directors from other business units the role would frequently interact with, and 1 video conference with a different HR person. First interviewer was 15 min. late which cut into our 30 min. interview time slot. Otherwise punched through all the interviews, everyone was intelligent, bright, and friendly. Interview was on Friday afternoon and was told HR would get back to me early next week. Was contacted via phone call on Tuesday afternoon to say that "although the feedback was positive, the team thought that you weren't perfect for the role." Which seems to be the generic rejection statement they give everyone.

I asked the HR person if she had any specifics about why they decided not to move forward with me as a reference going forward, and she had no specifics, suggested I speak to the hiring manager. Emailed him, but highly doubt he'll respond.

Overall questions were pretty generic and average. I didn't get a bad feeling from any one person. The hiring manager asked me a couple of "case" like questions regarding hypothetical scenarios. The HR rep asked me my thoughts about the culture and if I watch any Netflix Originals.

Interview Question – -Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
-If you had to take away everything you know about your current position where you work, what would you be doing?
-If you had no metrics, how would you plan the budget for a marketing campaign?
  Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Los Gatos, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in July 2014.

Interview Details – Informal atmosphere. Two phone interviews followed by in-person interview with individuals. The results were very quickly communicated. No long period of waiting to hear.
At Netflix preserving the culture is important. Netflix claims to not want process and maintain the informality. However, as Netflix grows they need some structure and process.
Does Netflix hire based on skills or culture match?

Interview Question – The actual questions were not difficult. How do you bring process and structure to a company that does not want to be organized.   Answer Question

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!