Netflix

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Netflix in November 2014.

Group interview, about 6-8 people in a room they show you a presentation and then ask you one question. Then had to answer two mock customer service questions over the phone. First question is a made up scenario but a typical customer service question. The second question was a specific Netflix technical question that you had to answer using there system. Didn't require a resume or ask to see it. All they have you do is fill out an application.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite movie & tv show.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netflix in October 2014.

Recruiter contacted through Linkedin. They ask some basic engineering questions to weed out any mismatches. Then you have a technical phone screen with hiring manager. If that goes well, then there is an onsite where you meet the Hiring Manager, HR and other senior engineers on the team. If that goes well, you get called on for meeting at exec level to filter for a culture fit.

Interview Questions
    • Very detail oriented. Be prepared to come up with design/product improvement based questions. Nothing difficult really, but the answer can get tricky as they deep dive further into the design/ architecture discussions.   Answer Question
    They pay top of the Market. I did not feel the need to negotiate. Very happy with the offer. Also, they are very persuasive. They make you feel needed.

Creative Project Manager Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netflix in October 2014.

Applied on their site, the recruiter scheduled an interview within a few days and we talked then. That part was positive, then I interviewed with the hiring manager. She seemed very disinterested from the start, I suspect they may just be going through the motions to train their HR people on interviewing people. I felt it was a huge waste of my time, the questions she asked were obviously from a list and most of them didn't pertain to the role or even my extensive qualifications.

Creative Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Netflix in October 2014.

I applied through the website and was contacted a few weeks later by a recruiter. They suggested I read through the corporate principal slideshow they provided. I was very excited about the promise of the company and my qualifications were spot on. I thought their outlook was refreshing regarding their hiring practices. They claim to only hire people at the top of their game. However, this proved to wrong in my opinion. The recruiter was on speaker phone and mumbled the entire time, rushing through the questions. When I politely asked her if she could turn off the speaker phone, she became terse and annoyed. I could tell the recruiter was very distracted. Afterward, I felt confident that their corporate mission theory did not match their actual practice as I have never had such an unprofessional phone screen in my life. Clearly, I was disappointed I did not move on but perhaps it was for the best as this seemed like a large red flag.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, the questions were pedestrian and the recruiter was uninformed about the position.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Netflix.

Initial communication with the recruiter. Second phone interview with the manager and then third interview in-person with three (3) people from the company. Mostly questions asked are how you manage your time, requests, what can you contribute and your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • When asked how to manage requests, prioritization of these requests and how long will it take to fulfill a request.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Easy job to get, just apply online, no walk-ins, and no calls. Once you apply online they will call you, so answer all calls the number had a 204 area code. The first interview consisted of a typing test and grammar test. If you pass those tests then you will be given a short computer literacy test, followed by a short interview (nothing to worry about just common sense). If you qualify to this point you will be given a second interview. At the second interview get there about 15-20 minute early, they will have you take another short test about www.help.netflix.com. You will look up answers to questions using help.netflix.com. There was one question about an audio problem while watching netflix on a kindle fire, the answer is to reboot the device, but you will not find a specific answer on the help site. After that comes the role playing part of the interview. Two team leaders give an imaginary scenario, where they pretend they are calling customer service (you), with a problem. Remember they are not looking for you to solve any problems, they want to see you build relationship with this fake customer. First thing to remember is to relax there is no wrong answers, second ask for the callers name and proceed to engage the customer in way that entertains and befriend the customer. Remember your goal is solely to befriend the customer, the customer's problem will not be fixable show try to make comments on the callers name, situation, but keep it funny and entertaining.

Interview Questions
    • The role playing please be as fake as possible, to build a short friendship.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netflix.

Was contacted by recruiter and after a couple of initial conversations had a couple of phone calls with hiring manager and another senior engineer. This was followed by full day on site interview with other engineers on the team, the hiring manager and a few executives.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Basic java, algorithms and design questions.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Netflix in September 2014.

Group interview in conference room w/4 execs and 2 other candidates. Execs were very casual (jeans & tees). They gave us 2 role playing questions - not enough to get to know us, in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Role play we are Supervisors and have to deliver difficult information to our employees with little explanation why the decision has been made.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netflix in September 2014.

Applied to the position online and was contacted by a coordinator. I was scheduled for an interview with a recruiter located in the Bay Area and was provided to a link that had a deck to their company's culture. There were some interview schedule mishaps, so by the time I connected with the recruiter, she seemed disinterested and fairly dismissive. During the course of the interview she did not refer to the extensive desk I was requested to become familiar with.

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Netflix in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call back from them in about 2 weeks. After brief conversation with recruiter I was scheduled to have technical phone interview. I thought that interview went well from my side, but got a call a few days later saying they have decided to proceed with another candidate. In general very efficient approach to the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Given the functions Up(), Down(), Left(), Right(), Enter() write the function that would take Str (like Hobbit:_Unexpected_Journey) and type it using keypad (the kind you have on Smart TVs, etc.)   Answer Question