Netflix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Netflix in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in November 2013 and was called a few days after I applied, and was offered an in person interview for the next day. She told me Orientation if hired will being this Friday and will start working on Monday. for 90 days no call offs, no lateness. an agreeable hourly wage which will be bumped up after the 90 days. She asked me about my computer skills, customer service skills basic interview questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Netflix in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and with in a few days I received a call for a preliminary interview. I was then asked to interview in person the next day. I was offered a late night full time job position and as a full time student, I had to take a few hours to make a decision if I could afford a late night time schedule. The interviewer never gave me a call me back and I was disappointed, I would have taken the job offer.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty basic, before the interview I had to take 3 test. One grammar test, one WPM test, and another test over my knowledge on internet trouble shooting.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview Interview

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Netflix

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin, had a phone screen afterwards, did well, so I scheduled for an official interview with hiring manager the following week on Thursday....

So, I started preparing for interview on the weekend and spent multiple hours learning the industry, business model, etc....40 minutes before the interview, HR sends me an email (didn't even attempt to call me and made some excuse about it), and said the position is filled...this is quite possibly the most UNPROFESSIONAL move I've ever experienced in my career...

If they can pull something like this, it says a lot about their corporate culture...word of advise, don't go there.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview initially for an hour with the hiring manager regarding educational and professional background.

Then the main onsite interview was scheduled for 3 hours with five different people interviewing me. There were two Engineering Manager, one senior software engineer and one Director of Product and finally a recruiter

Interview Question – Design a movie recommendation algorithm when based on a social graph. Input given are social graph, what movies are seen by different people, their rating of each movie and overall rating of each movie. Then there were questions on how will weights be selected among friends' movies   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing

Interviewed at Netflix

Interview Details – Was approached by an HR Assistant that found my resume on LinkedIn. This was followed up a phone interview with a recruiter and then an in-person interview with the hiring manager. He was nice and professional but didn't seem to have clear questions or a vision of what he was looking for. Seemed more of a "i'll know it when I see it" type.

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Los Gatos, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Netflix in March 2009.

Interview Details – - Focus on Culture
- Focus on coding skills
- Overall understanding and communication skills

Interview Question – - Imagining a system that I have never interacted with and coming up with testcases.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offers are always better than the market rate and hence there is not much negotiation involved.

Recruiting Researcher Interview

Recruiting Researcher
Los Gatos, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through their careers website and was contacted by someone of the same position I was applying for.

It was a phone screen with the person, which lasted only 13 minutes to be exact. I'm a bit annoyed because the person who interviewed me for this position has only been with the company for 2 months, and I researched her employer history and it seems this was her first gig in recruiting.

Her interviewing technique was very robotic and her responses to my answers were "ok, cool", no follow up questions to engage the candidate.

Still not sure how much exposure she's had but I feel the phone screen would've been better if I was interviewed by someone who was more senior.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, all standard phone screen questions.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Los Gatos, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted by application and got a phone call right away. I spoke with and emailed with 2 recruiters before they set up an Skype call with the hiring manager. After speaking with him, I had another Skype conference with someone else in that department. The recruiters had good things to say, so they asked me to come in for an onsite interview.

The headquarters is really nice; large buildings, very modern clean and trendy.
When I went in for the interview, I met with 5 different people that all work within the Marketing/PR department. I was there for about 3 hours. I got great feedback from everyone, so I was very excited.

I heard back from one of the recruiters and she set up another call with an HR Manager in a remote office. I spoke with her and we discussed the Netflix culture, she asked if I had questions. We went over benefits, their PTO policy, etc. I got a call from the recruiter saying they were getting ready to take the next steps and they would get back to me shortly. I thought I was in. Two weeks.passed and I hadn't heard from anyone. I reached out to the recruiters, but didn't get a response. On a third week, I got a call from an apologetic recruiter, a lot of the team had been traveling and it was difficult for them to make the decision, but they went with a different candidate.

Interview Question – What is your take on the Netflix culture?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Senior Data Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – I'm happily employed at time of Netflix reaching out to me. I was interested in what they had to offer in terms of the position itself. I had a phone call, person stressed to view the company culture slides.

After I read it, I fully understand why. It's sentiment is it only wants those all-star 1st rounders to be on their "team".

What they don't focus on is finding those "gem" un-drafted future hall of famers. These candidates are game changers. Too bad they stress so much on 1st round candidates.

How many bust do we see every year in the draft?

I turned them down to go further after reading their culture. I think Netflix didn't get the memo, money isn't everything. Culture will keep retention, not money. People who are for money will eventually leave you for another company willing to pay more.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Human Resources Position

Interviewed at Netflix

Interview Details – They were quite nice and a cool company.

Interview Question – They asked how you live by their values and what is most important to you about the Netflix values.   Answer Question