Netflix

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Gatos, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Netflix in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and had the first interview. I did quite well about my experience. The recruiter did not have much experience about giving case interview. I asked some clarifying questions to understand more about the case. She just repeated the case again and again without giving out much information. Because case interview usually gives both sides opportunities to talk and communicate and solve the problem. Besides, this company has a high turnover. It seems very aggressive environment to work there.

Interview Question – Explain the discrepancy in the case situation. Why sales of A increased, but .... It's much easier in consulting case interviews] just jump your ideas in a structure way. The recruiter does not expect you to ask if you can tell all of the reasons.   Answer Question

Los Gatos, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – The interview process drags out at Netflix. By the time I was finished I had met about 7 people. I met future colleagues, an HR VP, the department director and the department VP. They want you to meet the whole world including wasting upper management's time. It doesn't matter what level the position is.

Interview Question – Lot's of emphasis on how they only hire "Talented" individuals and how proud they are that after a 360 review every year, they fire a lot of people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is room for negotiation. I got an offer from another company at the same time and Netflix increased my salary to win me over.

Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Netflix in October 2011.

Interview Details – it was the first interview and the process didn't continued.
As the first interview, they just ask me "who I am"

this was the only question.

Interview Question – Tell me who you are?   Answer Question

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – Great people, great interviews, seems like it would have been an excellent place to work.

Spoke with hiring manager of phone and was extended an offer to go through a formal interview process.

Main thing was I was not prepared enough to discuss details around specific process level instrumentation. I did talk with all folks on the interview loop and looking back can see that had I better prepared myself to interview at a deeper technical level, the outcome may have been different.

Suggest to not only deeply understand the company, history, direction but also ensure readiness to delve into a few details as well and demonstrate the specific skill set required to do implementation work even when interviewing for a management job. I was a bit rusty and could have sharpened my skills prior to interviewing.

Interview Question – The difficulty is not a specific question, but rather to make sure you are ready to dig in to details and also correlate to the larger picture.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees and interview candidates.