Netflix

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Netflix in January 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview that was all the basic questions. "What do you know about Netflix?" "Why do you want to work here?" "What are your goals?" etc... After completion of the phone interview my next interview was at the hub with the Operations Manager. This interview was very informal and consisted mostly of the manager explaining the job and the history behind the hub.

Interview Question – How do you deal with an employee that isn't working up to expectations?   Answer Question

Northborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Netflix in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was up for a operations supervisor job at Netflix's facility in Northboro, Ma. I went through all the interviews ranging from the operations manager, HR, and finally with the regional manager. They seemed to like me, the interviews went well until I asked a question to all of them. I told them the that the CEO of Netflix Reed Hastings made a comment in the Wall Street Journal in July addressing their shareholders, that Netflix plans to be 100 percent operation in 5-7 years with online streaming and will be getting out of DVD copies all together. So I asked all the interviewers if this is true what will become of operations personnel in that time frame. Well, they all became very defensive stutttering that there will always be a need for DVD copies blah blah blah. They all became very irate with the question. I was very surprised since I was asking a question based on a factual statement by the owner of the company. They ended up not offering me the job and when I asked the recruiter why he said that they all felt I would not be a team player. He stated the regional manager felt that my devotion to the corporate mission would be in question. Huh? All I asked was what they thought of the CEO's comment and how it would impact operations personnel in 5-7 years. Of course this implies that there might be a 70 percent reduction in their workforce if they go to online straming forcing most of their operations hubs to shutdown. What a joke! I'm glad I dodged that bullet. It would be the kind of job where you can feel your blood leaving your hands while gripping the steering wheel as you pull in to the parking lot go to work there every morning at 2am.

Interview Question – How do you feel about being transferred to another state in the case of a promotion.   View Answer

Operations Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Netflix.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of 2 parts. The first is a basic phone screen with an in house recruiter. These are your typical interview questions such as what is your management experience, relocatable, computer skills etc. The second is a face to face with the Operations Manager. These questions are more situational and specific to the type of work at Netflix.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions related to the machinery Netflix uses. Can you build computers, what do you know about systems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This position is hourly based on location, size and market. There are no negotiations as hourly wages are public knowledge.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Supervisor

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Netflix in June 2008.

Interview Details – Screened through a staffing service. Then phone interview. Afterward, an interview with manager and regional manager. If you recite everything you learn in business 101, you may make it. Tell them "there is no substitute for daily feedback on performance". It will give you a good foot in the door.
My advise, don't take the job. 14 bucks an hour is a pitiful wage for the amount of work and stress you will go through. If you butter up the manager and regional manager, you may get extra points.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for this position. There is also almost a zero chance for promotion unless you move across the country. However, beware of taking a promotion, most people do not have their jobs after the first 1-2 years.

Operations Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring was done on line. I was called in for an interview for which I attended. I was first declined an offer, however I was later called back because the person they selected was a No Call No Show the first day.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses.....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were a possible. Take it or leave it.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!