Netflix QA Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Gatos, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Netflix in March 2009.

- Focus on Culture
- Focus on coding skills
- Overall understanding and communication skills

Interview Questions
  • - Imagining a system that I have never interacted with and coming up with testcases.   Answer Question
Offers are always better than the market rate and hence there is not much negotiation involved.

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Engineer - QA Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Gatos, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in July 2010.

HR interview - Hiring manager interview - Personal interview for 4 hours with 5 people - 2nd round interview with executive team for 3 hours
    Passed the first 3 levels, the 4th one is where they didn't find that my skills are a perfect match.
    Always stressing that the culture here is different, very dynamic, we have only the best, we don't hesitate to remove people who don't perform, very short-term projects, we don't have long term plan, don't know what will come next, don't tell us that something is broken unless you know how to fix it etc. Intimidating perhaps.

But the HR was professional throughout, even sending the rejection email the very next day.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle the culture difference from where you come from and Netflix?   View Answer

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!