Netflix

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Los Gatos, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Netflix in March 2009.

Interview Details – - Focus on Culture
- Focus on coding skills
- Overall understanding and communication skills

Interview Question – - Imagining a system that I have never interacted with and coming up with testcases.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offers are always better than the market rate and hence there is not much negotiation involved.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Engineer - QA Interview

Los Gatos, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in July 2010.

Interview Details – HR interview - Hiring manager interview - Personal interview for 4 hours with 5 people - 2nd round interview with executive team for 3 hours
Passed the first 3 levels, the 4th one is where they didn't find that my skills are a perfect match.
Always stressing that the culture here is different, very dynamic, we have only the best, we don't hesitate to remove people who don't perform, very short-term projects, we don't have long term plan, don't know what will come next, don't tell us that something is broken unless you know how to fix it etc. Intimidating perhaps.

But the HR was professional throughout, even sending the rejection email the very next day.

Interview Question – How will you handle the culture difference from where you come from and Netflix?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix QA Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees and interview candidates.