Netflix QA Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Customer Service Representative (42)
- Senior Software Engineer (37)
- Software Engineer (9)
- Senior Software Engineer In Test (5)
- Marketing Manager (5)
- Engineering (5)
- Operations Supervisor (5)
- Director of Engineering (5)
- Manager (4)
- Data Scientist (4)
- Customer Service Supervisor (4)
- CSR-1 (3)
- Director (3)
- Coordinator (3)
- Data Analyst (2)
- Operations Manager (2)
- Content (2)
- Engineering Manager (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Senior QA Engineer (2)
- Senior UNIX Administrator (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Senior Financial Analyst (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Recruiting Researcher (2)
- I Interviewed for A Position On the Business Side (1)
- Vendor Account Specialist (1)
- Machine Learning Engineer (1)
- Devops Engineer (1)
- Director of Global Payment Technology (1)
QA Engineer Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Netflix in March 2009.
Interview Details – - Focus on Culture
- Focus on coding skills
- Overall understanding and communication skills
Interview Question – - Imagining a system that I have never interacted with and coming up with testcases. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – Offers are always better than the market rate and hence there is not much negotiation involved.
Engineer - QA Interview (Neutral Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in July 2010.
Interview Details – HR interview - Hiring manager interview - Personal interview for 4 hours with 5 people - 2nd round interview with executive team for 3 hours
Passed the first 3 levels, the 4th one is where they didn't find that my skills are a perfect match.
Always stressing that the culture here is different, very dynamic, we have only the best, we don't hesitate to remove people who don't perform, very short-term projects, we don't have long term plan, don't know what will come next, don't tell us that something is broken unless you know how to fix it etc. Intimidating perhaps.
But the HR was professional throughout, even sending the rejection email the very next day.
Interview Question – How will you handle the culture difference from where you come from and Netflix? View Answer
Interviews for Top Jobs at Netflix