Netflix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
Los Gatos, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Netflix in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on linkedin and got a call from recruiter. After two phone interviews asked me to come for an onsite interview. After seeing lot of negative reviews (layoff's) I totally lost interest in the company. first interview went well with some coding and analytical questions. Next found another interviewer to be arrogant, he is well prepared with his questions and not even willing to listen my answers or approaches. I decided there itself its not the company i want to work for with lot of arrogant people and layoff's and stopped giving answers anyways the guy is not listening. Next comes the interview with an hiring manager asked couple of questions which are general but can see lot of arrogance in his body language. I felt like I want to leave and don't the interview anymore and showed it in my body language and the manager found it and asked that they are looking for senior people. There I left the interview in between and saved an hour of time. I already had couple of offers in my hand and was very picky when comes to work culture.

Interview Question – Lot of logical and problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netflix in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straight forward and professional. The interview consisted of two phone interviews and one on site interview.The first interview (on phone) was with the Recruiter who had reached out to me on a professional social networking site. She basically check listed my skills and gauged my interest in the position. The second interview (on phone) was with the Hiring Manager. The interviewer was very pleasant and was more interested in the way I solved and approached the various scenarios that he presented rather then the solutions themselves. The third & final interview (on site) ran for about four hours and consisted 1:1 interview sessions with the HR Director, who asked me about my salary expectations and the usual HR stuff, the QA Manager who was hiring and who had spoken to me earlier and Senior QA Engineers and QA Leads. The Manager and Engineers who interviewed me were pretty professional and represented different groups. The questioning, like the phone interview, focused on problem solving abilities and approach rather than the solution itself. The interview also consisted an programming aspect and I was required write a pseudo code as well as calculate it's computational complexity. The HR Director, though personable, came across as arrogant. She emphasized on the fact that they are the best in market with respect to the pay rather than talking about why the company had a best work environment.
The whole set up was handled professionally. The Recruiter was willing to work around my schedule to set up the interviews. There were no interviews with either the PMs or Developers, which is always nice!
Given the work ethics and culture of this organization, I am not disappointed that it didn't work out. While the money is nice, I got an impression that this company is not that much fun to work at.

Interview Questions

• How would you test the latest iPhone's new antenna system?   View Answer
  • I have a system made up of multiple sub systems. How would I test this system?   View Answer
  • Test a Word Processing Application.   View Answer

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!