Netspend

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainer and Instructional Designer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Netspend.

Interview Details – It took 8 days from application to face-to-face interview with hiring manager. The office was highly secured; they requested ID and agreement with non-disclosure before entrance. Interview questions were not terribly challenging, but it didn't seem that the interviewer was fully invested in the process. It was a quiet call center environment and looked like a nice, casual place to work.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a time when you didn't like the direction that your superior provided to you. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Strategic Marketing Account Manager Interview

Interviewed at Netspend

Interview Details – I applied through an employee referral. The interview process consisted of several phone interviews including the hiring manager and internal recruiter followed by a half day face to face which consisted of 4 separate one on one interviews.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Netspend.

Interview Details – Company paid travel expenses for an in-person interview, after an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. There were 8 half-hour interviews with various department managers and peer-levels, lunch with the hiring-manger and his boss, and a meeting with HR. The meetings were cordial, people were interesting, and there were no hard questions. This was before the company went public in 2010, when it was a much more interesting place to work than it is now.

Negotiation Details – There was no actual negotiation. The offer-letter arrived with a stated salary (which was slightly below the asking amount), with an implied "take it or leave it" standpoint.

Very Easy Interview

Accounts Payable Manager Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Netspend in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process went quickly. Phone screen, in-person interview #1, panel interview, then senior leadership interview. All completed in about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Many of the interviewers asked the same questions. Advice to the company when conducting multiple interviews would be to break up the questioning, then meet at the end to share notes. As a candidate, it gets frustrating to answer the same questions multiple times, especially when the interview process is so lengthy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was too low. They wanted to pay me $10K less per year than what I was making at my other job.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Interviewed at Netspend

Interview Details – 1. Phone screen, two days later phone interview which was all human resource skills no technical questions.

Interview Question – All easy questions, many questions on employee behavior problems.   Answer Question

Predictive Analytics and Modeling Manager Interview

San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Netspend in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was half-hour phone interview about my previous work, what task i did etc. The guy knew what he is talking about. The questions were what models i did, how i evaluate them, how i interpret the results. And also he asked me about the ETL process what was strange. He asked me what should i do before the building the regression model but for some reason i was thinking more difficult, he probably wanted to hear from me about checking the normal distribution but i thought the question was more difficult and didnt answer.

Interview Question – Strange question about ETL   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Netspend in June 2011.

Interview Details – In 2011, I went for an onsite interview for a Java developer position. This interview landed me an unofficial offer, but it was very low, under 100K. The NetSpend recruiter said I was pretty weak in SQL. That might be correct but given that there was only one SQL question in the whole interview, I did not think it was a true and fair assessment. I think the company was just trying to lowball the offer. They wanted me to come in for a second round. I was supposed to talk to the team’s manager during my first visit but I was told the manager had an unexpected customer/vendor meeting. I asked to meet with him during my second visit and I was told I would be meeting other managers. When I pressed the NetSpend recruiter, he finally told me this manager had abruptly left. Ok. I don't know why he just didn't tell me that in the first place. Honesty and transparency are very important to me. No, thanks, then. I decided to pass.

Interview Question – None that I could think of. The questions were pretty standard Java, J2EE, SQL, Database, server architecture type of questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not like how the interview process turned out.

Partner Services Representative Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Netspend in February 2009.

Interview Details – Started interview process with 30 minute phone interview with HR
HR had me come in for interviews for 2 different positions - interviewed with roughly 8 people total. ~ 4 hour process
Accepted offer after waiting 2-3 weeks, started 2 weeks later (things moved slowly after interviews)

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating took place, entry level position

Senior Project Manager Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Netspend in November 2011.

Interview Details – Impressed with the detail put into the interview process itself. During the about 3-hour series of interviews, I had a good time. I felt like we chatted more than interviewed, but the Directors I interviewed with were looking for very specific information from me that (I assume) they got. People there are very friendly, fun, and "real" people. It's very refreshing for a company.

Interview Question – I don't remember any questions that were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation accepted, it seemed. That's not really my strong point though when offered a position.

Very Easy Interview

Web Designer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Netspend in June 2011.

Interview Details – Got email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was mostly spent with interviewer talking about the company, She then advised me NetSpend does criminal (including speeding tickets), drug screen and credit history. If you've ever had any charge offs on your credit history or, have more than $4,000 in debt on your credit history (including any college loans), they will not continue process and will not hire you. They will end process.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about us?   View Answer
  • Do you have any criminal (felony or misdemeanors incl. speeding tickets), drug or credit issues?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Netspend? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netspend interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Netspend employees and interview candidates.