Network 18 Interview Questions

2.7

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Network 18.

Interview

Interview process is not super tough. Does basic hygiene check on server technologies, data structures and algorithms. Need to be well versed with spring, hibernate , ajax, html , jquery. Data structures and algorithms is must and should be able to explain all the logic. No need to write runnable code. Relax !!

Interview Questions

• Spring - how to inject a session scoped bean within application scoped bean. Data structures - traversals of graph.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Rational negotiations are obliged to.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Network 18.

Interview

E-mail application, personal interview

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Network 18 (Mumbai (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

sent an email. called them on number provided and they fixed an interview asked me related to my qualifications and how will fit in their vacancy. also asked questions from my resume.

Interview Questions

• all questions were resume and degree related and their applicability to the post of technical editor ans writer. interview was easy. just focus on whatever is written in your resume.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Network 18 (Bangalore (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of interview, Hr round,manager round and senior manager round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i asked for 2.25 package.they agreed

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Network 18 (Mumbai (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

First there will be an HR round followed by Technical round which will be only on ur Resume and VAS related for Billing and Subscription you should have knowlege about Billing.

Interview Questions

• Different types of Billing in VAS industry .   1 Answer

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Network 18 (Mumbai (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

I mailed my cv after being referred. I got an immediate call after which meeting was scheduled where the Special team head met up & asked questions about my background, work exp & interests.

Interview Questions

• What if I don't like the job one month down the line?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I quoted 15,000rs pm, they offered 12,000 rs. pm

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Network 18 (New Delhi (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

The Network18 Group is a media and entertainment company with interests in television, internet, films, e-commerce, magazines, mobile content and allied businesses. Through its subsidiary 'TV18 Broadcast Ltd.' [BSE: 532800, NSE: TV18BRDCST], the group operates news channels - CNBC-TV18, CNBC-TV18 Prime HD, CNBC Awaaz, CNN-IBN, IBN-7 and IBN-Lokmat. the interview process consists of 3 rounds. telephonic, 1:1 and personality test. they hire the candidates as per their skills and talent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer
    • "What is your management philosophy?"   2 Answers

i choose to refuse the offer because i was not allowed to work outside my hometown n they wer offering me mumbai .

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Network 18 (Mumbai (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Communication was very straight forward. They did know me before I joined the organization and that made it easier and more comfortable. They asked me about my likes, dislikes and what is my vision for myself in the next 5 years. As long as you are able to maintain eye contact and speak very to-the-point, you should be good.

Interview Questions

• Did not encounter any which was outside my area of work   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate by +20% of what was offered (which was +25%) of my previous organization. It is all in the negotiation skill and they have the money to shell out

Assistant Manager Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Network 18 (Mumbai (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Then met the consultant. Post this met the marketing head. Last phase met the CEO. Questions were asked on my educational background. Understanding of the economy in general. Understanding of the sector for which I was applying. The nature of previous work I had done. Skill Sets. The whole thing took about 60 to 75 mins.

Interview Questions

• What is the cause of the global slowdown - starting with US, what happened to Bear Sterns etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little. But quite marginal.

Sub Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Network 18 (Mumbai (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

I first spoke to the HR manager who asked me to come down for the interview. Was asked to meet with the Editor of the website who gave me a transcript which needed to be edited and I had to write an article on current stock market situation. Then we had a one-on-one session where I was asked about my work experience. I was given a brief description of the job and expectations which came with the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I was in a hurry to leave my other job I did not negotiate well but you can push a little. Ask for benefits and check your offer letter thoroughly before signing the dotted line.