Network 18

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sub Editor Interview

Sub Editor
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Network 18 in July 2010.

Interview Details – I first spoke to the HR manager who asked me to come down for the interview.
Was asked to meet with the Editor of the website who gave me a transcript which needed to be edited and I had to write an article on current stock market situation.
Then we had a one-on-one session where I was asked about my work experience.
 I was given a brief description of the job and expectations which came with the job.

Interview Question – Explain the term Derivatives and F&O Delivery   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I was in a hurry to leave my other job I did not negotiate well but you can push a little. Ask for benefits and check your offer letter thoroughly before signing the dotted line.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Sub Editor Interview

Sub Editor
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Network 18 in June 2010.

Interview Details – First there was a telephonic interview with the Editor of Newswire18. It was more like why do you want to join our organisation? What kind of work do you do in your current organisation? And some questions about the Indian markets and companies.
This was followed by a written test in Bangalore office, which basically had 5 questions. The first one was quarterly result of a company. Second one was a broad market story. The third one was a broad stock market story. The fourth question was about prioritising news events. The last question was a news essay of your choice.

When I cleared the test I was offered a package and post in Mumbai. But the salary was below my expectation.

Interview Question – Why do you want to live with your parents in Mumbai?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary was below my expectation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Network 18? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Network 18 Sub Editor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Network 18 employees and interview candidates.