Network Health

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Network Health.

Seemed like a straight forward interview process at first. Usual phone screening followed by multiple interviews with many individuals. Fairly straight forward questioning until the final interview. Asked some illegal questions. Seems they have an agenda.

HEDIS Nurse Data Abstractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Network Health in February 2014.

I was sent in by a Recruiter for a straightforward interview on a Friday for a 3 month HEDIS project. (This is an annual audit project that occurs every Spring and only lasts 3 months). As the Recruiter would have me believe, this was just a formality, meet and greet prior to a start on the following Monday. So I clear the slate and cancel a couple of conferences to make sure I honor the 3 month commitment the Recruiter insists on. I get it all together and shovel out of a major snow storm and give myself 2 hours to get there. Once getting there, I found out that what the Recruiter told me and what the interviewer was telling me were in conflict. Okay, so I am resilient and resourceful and I roll with it.
    (Enter...all the big RED FLAGS) The project was already in motion for a couple of weeks and the interviewer said they had already lost some nurses off the team. Some didn't "pass the exams" after orientation and could not progress onto the project and as the interviewer put it, "some decided they just didn't want to do it anymore and never came back." Interviewer (M.D. - RN HEDIS Supervisor) never once referred to my resume (perhaps never looked) which was incongruent with what the Recruiter told me. The Recruiter enthusiatically told me "she really liked my resume" and they were anxious to get (in hindsight apparently not me) someone in there and start immediately. I was made to feel like I was part of a cattle call and the interviewer made no effort to be enrolling or friendly. At no point was there any expression of appreciation for my professional background or what I could bring to the project. It sounded like the project was already moving into crisis and she was only about getting another warm body to fill a slot and help cover the 8.000 medical records being pulled for the audit. I was there mere minutes and knew right away the interviewer and I weren't clicking. The Interviewer made minimal eye contact, did not look at my resume, made it clear within the short 10 minutes of being there that she had to make a decision "today" (rushed) and she had a few more interviews to go. She seemed stressed and my attempts build rapport during the interview were hedged off coldly. At the end of the interview, I was escorted down the elevator in silence with no eye contact. When I got off the elevator, she pointed to the exit and said, "There's the door." FYI, during our conversation, it was relayed that there were 10 Nurses on the project. They are all put in ONE conference room and each are sitting in front of 2 computer screens, half are required to wear noise cancelling headphones or ear plugs so they can only concentrate on the computer in front of them and not get distacted by other nurses in the room making outgoing calls. There is one RN supervising and there to answer questions. Sounds like a great environment if you like working in a "Skinner Box" in the midst of a boiler room. I don't have to wonder why a few "decided not to come back" based on this revelation alone.

Interview Questions
    • None. There were 2 questions: 1) Tell me about your Nursing background and QA experience. 2) What do you know about HEDIS?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Network Health.

Initial telephone screening, interview with HR and Hiring Manager. Sometimes you get to meet the team, but not enough for me. This is a very liberal politically wired company. It is all about Diversity. That is a core value. (If you don't have an arguement with that, you will not have trouble with IT.) There is a little ageism and degree-isml (Be prepared for an attitude that older people with experience are not as technically competant as new people with masters degrees. I don't know what an old person with a master's degree looks like.)
    Currently there is a hiring boom for medical and customer service staff. They expect huge torrents of work to come from the new products and Obamacare. The expectation is that highly patient and communication-savvy professionals will be available to provide managed care to the most needy. (Insurance from benevolent professionals.) I do not work in these areas, but from what I know of the staff, they are super. I can't speak to the management, but make sure they know your needs before they ask for more from you.
    As far as IT goes, the smarter the manager, the easier the interview. They respect degrees and certs. (Experience counts only if you are articulate.) Bargain up when you get an offer - there has just been an HR true-up in IT, so pay scales will not be changing any time soon. The people here are all about "learn by doing" so make sure you get them to agree to a class / conference / continuing ed up front. The DBA runs SQL Saturdays. You know it's free - don't let them bargain you into substituting it for training.
    The manager review said they transfer people around for growth opportunities. I have NEVER experienced it - but I'm not a manager. If you are a star, you get to work on new shiney projects. Get the promise of new work and training up front. Have them outline a growth path for you. Opportunities abound, but not always in IT.
    Tufts is the parent company, and has absorbed the HR function, and is in the process of absorbing the IT units to create a united environment. All well and good, except for Lotus Notes. The Master of the Database is a brilliant man who is a porcupine-marshmallow with no patience for idiots who do not do their homework, but who will kill himself for a good cause - nights and weekends mean nothing to him. He's a Oscar the Hero Grouch.

Interview Questions
    • To explain why my experience was as good as a new (within 5 years) masters degree.   View Answer
    nonexistant - I was desperate

Provider Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Network Health.

Phone screen first then to office to meet direct report and a couple of members of the staff and then call back to meet other people from other departments as well as senior management.

Interview Questions
    • In your role as a manager, did you have a situation where your employees had a conflict and you had to resolve it. How did you go about solving the problem?   View Answer

Employment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Network Health in March 2012.

I was originally contacted by someone in HR via LinkedIn. We spoke via phone at first where I was able to ask quite a few questions and get more insight into both the responsibilities of the position plus how the job fit into the department as a whole. From there I came in for an on-site interview with the hiring manager and two members of her team. The atmosphere was professional but relaxed as well and I was encouraged to ask as many questions as I liked.

Interview Questions
    • What did I see in their processes that wasn't being done well in my opinion and how would I try to make things better?   Answer Question
    The company has a policy that they lead with their best offer so negotiation isn't likely. They feel that they'd be disingenuous and not following their own value of "our employees are our greatest asset" if they played games with offers.