Network Rail Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2014
Updated Mar 27, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milton Keynes, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Network Rail in February 2014.

during the assessment day there was a challenge given to us, in which we had to come up with inventive ways of dealing with a certain problem, i.e. fly tipping on the tracks, we then had to make our best ideas into a presentation, which lasted for 5 mins. there was also a group exercise to do with how to allocate money appropriately.

Other Interview Reviews for Network Rail

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Network Rail in March 2011.

"During my Application and interview process there were four key stages.
    Application Form
    Online SHL test
    Telephone Interview & Assessment Day

I suggest to do plenty of SHL practice exercises and there are plenty of books available on such. Read through your application form thoroughly and ensure all spelling grammar and every detail is checked. Effort put into an application can easily be visible. If you are fortunate and skilled to get as far as the assessment day, It all rests on your performance on this day. A jam packed day starts with a 40 minute interview, followed by a group task. It is then finished off with a data/fact finding exercise and presentation with a paper SHL test squeezed in between. Not in that particular order. Be confident and be yourself and show what you are made of. Get noticed without showing off and you will be successful."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about when you lead a team and what was your contribution.What could I have done better if give the opportunity again.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about this company?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Network Rail in January 2011.

The first process is to fill the form online after which progresses to an online situational judgement test. The next stage is the assessment center consisting of numeric and verbal reasoning, 1:1 competency based interview, group exercise and business case study presentation. The business case consists of series of emails from online manager concerning two projects that the company intends to undertake.You will be expected to analysis the project and come up with the best project to undertake stating your reasons why.

Interview Questions
    • How do you ensure that you maintain good working relationships with your senior colleagues?   Answer Question

Worked for Network Rail? Contribute to the Community!