Network Rail

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer
Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Network Rail in February 2014.

Interview Details – during the assessment day there was a challenge given to us, in which we had to come up with inventive ways of dealing with a certain problem, i.e. fly tipping on the tracks, we then had to make our best ideas into a presentation, which lasted for 5 mins. there was also a group exercise to do with how to allocate money appropriately.

Interview Question – why are you the best person for the job?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Network Rail in March 2011.

Interview Details – "During my Application and interview process there were four key stages.
Application Form
Online SHL test
Telephone Interview & Assessment Day

I suggest to do plenty of SHL practice exercises and there are plenty of books available on such. Read through your application form thoroughly and ensure all spelling grammar and every detail is checked. Effort put into an application can easily be visible. If you are fortunate and skilled to get as far as the assessment day, It all rests on your performance on this day. A jam packed day starts with a 40 minute interview, followed by a group task. It is then finished off with a data/fact finding exercise and presentation with a paper SHL test squeezed in between. Not in that particular order. Be confident and be yourself and show what you are made of. Get noticed without showing off and you will be successful."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you lead a team and what was your contribution.What could I have done better if give the opportunity again.   Answer Question
  • What do you know about this company?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Network Rail in January 2011.

Interview Details – The first process is to fill the form online after which progresses to an online situational judgement test. The next stage is the assessment center consisting of numeric and verbal reasoning, 1:1 competency based interview, group exercise and business case study presentation. The business case consists of series of emails from online manager concerning two projects that the company intends to undertake.You will be expected to analysis the project and come up with the best project to undertake stating your reasons why.

Interview Question – How do you ensure that you maintain good working relationships with your senior colleagues?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Network Rail

Worked for Network Rail? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Network Rail Graduate Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Network Rail employees and interview candidates.