Network Rail Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2015

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Network Rail in January 2015.

Interview

The online application process involves of a pre-screening test consisting of situational judgement questions where the applicant has to prioritise the answers in the way he thinks he would be more or less likely to react. If the test is completed succesfully, online numerical and logical tests follow (the provider of these tests is SHL). The next step is a video interview where you are asked questions like "why did you choose to apply for network rail", "what do you know about the rail industry" and others asking about previous experiences where you had to demonstrate your leadership, communication and team-working abilities.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the rail industry   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Network Rail

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Network Rail (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

during the assessment day there was a challenge given to us, in which we had to come up with inventive ways of dealing with a certain problem, i.e. fly tipping on the tracks, we then had to make our best ideas into a presentation, which lasted for 5 mins. there was also a group exercise to do with how to allocate money appropriately.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Network Rail (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

"During my Application and interview process there were four key stages.
    Application Form
    Online SHL test
    Telephone Interview & Assessment Day

I suggest to do plenty of SHL practice exercises and there are plenty of books available on such. Read through your application form thoroughly and ensure all spelling grammar and every detail is checked. Effort put into an application can easily be visible. If you are fortunate and skilled to get as far as the assessment day, It all rests on your performance on this day. A jam packed day starts with a 40 minute interview, followed by a group task. It is then finished off with a data/fact finding exercise and presentation with a paper SHL test squeezed in between. Not in that particular order. Be confident and be yourself and show what you are made of. Get noticed without showing off and you will be successful."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you lead a team and what was your contribution.What could I have done better if give the opportunity again.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about this company?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Network Rail in January 2011.

Interview

The first process is to fill the form online after which progresses to an online situational judgement test. The next stage is the assessment center consisting of numeric and verbal reasoning, 1:1 competency based interview, group exercise and business case study presentation. The business case consists of series of emails from online manager concerning two projects that the company intends to undertake.You will be expected to analysis the project and come up with the best project to undertake stating your reasons why.

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure that you maintain good working relationships with your senior colleagues?   Answer Question