Neuberger Berman

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2010.

Interview Details – After being contacted by the internal recruiting dept, I was phone screened and then brought in for a first round interview. I met with a variety of people within the group - ranging from the VP of the group to people that would be my peers. Everyone was extremely courteous and friendly and asked very fair interview questions. I was also given the opportunity to ask questions to each interviewer.

Interview Question – What was your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email from HR two days after asking me to schedule an interview with three different staff members. The interview went well so after three weeks I got feedbacks and got invited to the second interview.

Interview Question – First interview was about my academic and career background. The only technical question was about operational risk.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews took place over 3 week span, consisting of phone screening with HR, 2 rounds of interviews consisting of 5-6 people each, followed by final phone interview a week later. Overall about 12, half hour/45min interviews, if you don't know your stuff you will be exposed through various questions regarding markets, finance, opinions, forecasts, etc. Each interviewer was either MBA and/or CFA so very qualified and knowledgeable. If you follow the markets on a daily basis, understand commodities, equities, and fixed income, and just overall "get it" you will do fine- just having a 4.0 GPA will not get you through.

Interview Question – Why did U.S. equities rally last month? (very general question meant to reveal your thought process)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Neuberger Berman

Worked for Neuberger Berman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neuberger Berman Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Neuberger Berman employees and interview candidates.