Neuberger Berman Analyst Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2010.

After being contacted by the internal recruiting dept, I was phone screened and then brought in for a first round interview. I met with a variety of people within the group - ranging from the VP of the group to people that would be my peers. Everyone was extremely courteous and friendly and asked very fair interview questions. I was also given the opportunity to ask questions to each interviewer.

Other Interview Reviews for Neuberger Berman

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Applied online and got an email from HR two days after asking me to schedule an interview with three different staff members. The interview went well so after three weeks I got feedbacks and got invited to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • First interview was about my academic and career background. The only technical question was about operational risk.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in October 2010.

Interviews took place over 3 week span, consisting of phone screening with HR, 2 rounds of interviews consisting of 5-6 people each, followed by final phone interview a week later. Overall about 12, half hour/45min interviews, if you don't know your stuff you will be exposed through various questions regarding markets, finance, opinions, forecasts, etc. Each interviewer was either MBA and/or CFA so very qualified and knowledgeable. If you follow the markets on a daily basis, understand commodities, equities, and fixed income, and just overall "get it" you will do fine- just having a 4.0 GPA will not get you through.

Interview Questions
    • Why did U.S. equities rally last month? (very general question meant to reveal your thought process)   Answer Question