Neuberger Berman Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Updated Jul 19, 2014
22 interviews

Internal Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in June 2013.

Interview process was impressive and I met with several employees who all seemed to enjoy the company and atmosphere and made clear there expectations and life cycle of the job growth. The desk seemed like a young group of mostly guys however that seems to be the case in similar position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to present one of the strategies which I did t prepare enough for beforehand.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

The interview process didn't have any surprises. The first interview with HR was on the phone, which was appreciated. I then also had a short meeting with HR during the visit before meeting with the hiring manager. My meeting with the hiring manager was focused mostly on relevant experience. The hiring manager also took care to make sure that I understood the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2013.

Interview process was fairly simple. I met with the VP and SVP of the department. Questions were simple and all behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in May 2010.

Interviewed for 2 positions at NB. Both times, interviews were set up directly by the group who was hiring. I went through 2 rounds for each position & met with various team members. I took a position elsewhere, but wished NB communicated the outcomes of their decision to me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your current team's culture?   View Answer

High Yield Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in July 2011.

It was a half day interview and met with 16 people. Thirty minute interview sets where I met with the senior people solo and the junior people in pairs.

Interview Questions
    • How do you I think the S&P 500 will perform for the rest of the year?   Answer Question

Business Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2011.

I was contacted by a Neuberger Berman Human Resources Recruiter, who was extremely nice. He attempted to push me in the direction of my existing work however, I wanted a change. After a 45 mnute conversation, he went to management and they agreed to give me an opportunity to prove myself. I went in for 3 interviews before being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Relating my sales/finance experience to business coordinator role and the work involved.   View Answer
    There was not a lot of room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Only had one interview however very thorough in their interview questioning

There was no negotiation

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in February 2012.

I applied online and HR called me about a week later. When I answered the phone, the HR rep did not identify where he was from nor ask if it was an OK time to talk. He asked me a few questions about my background and experience, which I was reluctant to answer because I had no idea who he was. At the end of the call, he wanted me to come in and meet others the next day. . I only found out where he was calling from when he sent me an email confirming the interviews I had the following day.
    I met with three people - the person who would be my manager, one person who would be my peer and one person who would report into me. I thought the interviews went well and I had established a good rapport with the three people.
    I did not hear anything back on the status of my candidacy at all despite following up a few times with both HR and my potential manager. I only found out I did not get the job when the person who got the job showed up in the “People You May Know” feature on LinkedIn.

Portfolio Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in March 2012.

The HR person failed to mention that they gave the candidacy to someone else, after I had emailed him several times. Had no feedback regarding the resume. Very rude over email.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in April 2010.

The hiring manager will try and make you feel very comfortable, to see what you reveal about yourself. They will ask you specifics of why you think will succeed in this competitive industry. What makes you different? They will want to know, what motivates you, how you handle rejection and your career goals. Not very difficult interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What quality in an employee do you think is over rater, that a manager may think is important?   Answer Question

Worked for Neuberger Berman? Contribute to the Community!