Neuberger Berman

Neuberger Berman Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Phone interview first: asked some basic questions, what current job includes, what skill set I have, eg Excel, financial statement analysis, etc.; introduce their company in details;
    One week later, scheduled an onsite interview. What you see yourself in 5 years, why change major why choose this city.

Internal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Recruiter. Went for two rounds of interviews. The first round met with 6 people. The last round I met with one person for 10 minutes and iti was very very analytical get your calculators out and know your x table.

Client Services Interview

The interview process didn't have any surprises. The first interview with HR was on the phone, which was appreciated. I then also had a short meeting with HR during the visit before meeting with the hiring manager. My meeting with the hiring manager was focused mostly on relevant experience. The hiring manager also took care to make sure that I understood the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in January 2014.

The woman that did the interview spent 45 minutes finding a way to discuss calendar and travel. I understand that this is important to the job but how much can you discuss about calendar and travel.

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2013.

Interview process was fairly simple. I met with the VP and SVP of the department. Questions were simple and all behavioral.

Internal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in June 2013.

Interview process was impressive and I met with several employees who all seemed to enjoy the company and atmosphere and made clear there expectations and life cycle of the job growth. The desk seemed like a young group of mostly guys however that seems to be the case in similar position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to present one of the strategies which I did t prepare enough for beforehand.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Only had one interview however very thorough in their interview questioning

There was no negotiation

Portfolio Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in March 2012.

The HR person failed to mention that they gave the candidacy to someone else, after I had emailed him several times. Had no feedback regarding the resume. Very rude over email.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in February 2012.

I applied online and HR called me about a week later. When I answered the phone, the HR rep did not identify where he was from nor ask if it was an OK time to talk. He asked me a few questions about my background and experience, which I was reluctant to answer because I had no idea who he was. At the end of the call, he wanted me to come in and meet others the next day. . I only found out where he was calling from when he sent me an email confirming the interviews I had the following day.
    I met with three people - the person who would be my manager, one person who would be my peer and one person who would report into me. I thought the interviews went well and I had established a good rapport with the three people.
    I did not hear anything back on the status of my candidacy at all despite following up a few times with both HR and my potential manager. I only found out I did not get the job when the person who got the job showed up in the “People You May Know” feature on LinkedIn.

Business Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2011.

I was contacted by a Neuberger Berman Human Resources Recruiter, who was extremely nice. He attempted to push me in the direction of my existing work however, I wanted a change. After a 45 mnute conversation, he went to management and they agreed to give me an opportunity to prove myself. I went in for 3 interviews before being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Relating my sales/finance experience to business coordinator role and the work involved.   View Answer
    There was not a lot of room for negotiation.