Neuberger Berman Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.9

Internal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

Recruiter. Went for two rounds of interviews. The first round met with 6 people. The last round I met with one person for 10 minutes and iti was very very analytical get your calculators out and know your x table.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman in January 2014.

Interview

The woman that did the interview spent 45 minutes finding a way to discuss calendar and travel. I understand that this is important to the job but how much can you discuss about calendar and travel.

Business Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a Neuberger Berman Human Resources Recruiter, who was extremely nice. He attempted to push me in the direction of my existing work however, I wanted a change. After a 45 mnute conversation, he went to management and they agreed to give me an opportunity to prove myself. I went in for 3 interviews before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Relating my sales/finance experience to business coordinator role and the work involved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a lot of room for negotiation.

Equity Research- SummerGreater China Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

There will be a phone interview, a superday on which you met all analysts in twins and the PM through vedio conference, and a final with the boss. Basically all of them are half hour talks and the final will be approx. 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your past internship, what industry are you familiar with and tell be about it.   1 Answer
    • Boss likes to ask about courses you learnt at school to know if you are a deep thinker   Answer Question
    • What's your two biggest advantages and one biggest disadv.?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in September 2011.

Interview

Two rounds 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Pretty casual chat to see whether I would fit the sales team.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for 2 positions at NB. Both times, interviews were set up directly by the group who was hiring. I went through 2 rounds for each position & met with various team members. I took a position elsewhere, but wished NB communicated the outcomes of their decision to me.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your current team's culture?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2009.

Interview

I applied for the job online (through one of the job search websites). I was contacted via email by the HR and was scheduled for a phone interview. A day later, the HR contacted me again to schedule a face to face interview. The interview lasted for a couple of hours and I got to meet with the manager and some of the team members. I was contacted again a day later and was asked if I could meet with the Director. A meeting was scheduled for the next day. It lasted an hour and I was given an offer a day later.

Client Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman in December 2008.

Interview

brought in to meet with three managers and human resources. conversations were brief and thought it was not too difficult.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Asked me basic questions about my work history and wanted to know what my experience was specifically with Business Requirement Documentation.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a BRD and a FSD   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman in October 2010.

Interview

Interviews took place over 3 week span, consisting of phone screening with HR, 2 rounds of interviews consisting of 5-6 people each, followed by final phone interview a week later. Overall about 12, half hour/45min interviews, if you don't know your stuff you will be exposed through various questions regarding markets, finance, opinions, forecasts, etc. Each interviewer was either MBA and/or CFA so very qualified and knowledgeable. If you follow the markets on a daily basis, understand commodities, equities, and fixed income, and just overall "get it" you will do fine- just having a 4.0 GPA will not get you through.

Interview Questions

• Why did U.S. equities rally last month? (very general question meant to reveal your thought process)   Answer Question