Neuberger Berman Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

3.1

Internal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Recruiter. Went for two rounds of interviews. The first round met with 6 people. The last round I met with one person for 10 minutes and iti was very very analytical get your calculators out and know your x table.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in January 2014.

The woman that did the interview spent 45 minutes finding a way to discuss calendar and travel. I understand that this is important to the job but how much can you discuss about calendar and travel.

Business Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2011.

I was contacted by a Neuberger Berman Human Resources Recruiter, who was extremely nice. He attempted to push me in the direction of my existing work however, I wanted a change. After a 45 mnute conversation, he went to management and they agreed to give me an opportunity to prove myself. I went in for 3 interviews before being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Relating my sales/finance experience to business coordinator role and the work involved.   View Answer
    There was not a lot of room for negotiation.

High Yield Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in July 2011.

It was a half day interview and met with 16 people. Thirty minute interview sets where I met with the senior people solo and the junior people in pairs.

Interview Questions
    • How do you I think the S&P 500 will perform for the rest of the year?   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in May 2010.

Interviewed for 2 positions at NB. Both times, interviews were set up directly by the group who was hiring. I went through 2 rounds for each position & met with various team members. I took a position elsewhere, but wished NB communicated the outcomes of their decision to me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your current team's culture?   View Answer

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Only had one interview however very thorough in their interview questioning

There was no negotiation

Internal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in June 2013.

Interview process was impressive and I met with several employees who all seemed to enjoy the company and atmosphere and made clear there expectations and life cycle of the job growth. The desk seemed like a young group of mostly guys however that seems to be the case in similar position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to present one of the strategies which I did t prepare enough for beforehand.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in June 2007.

One interview with HR rep
    another one with direct manager
    the last one with head of department

Interview Questions
    not open for negotiation since they receive approval from "NY"

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in March 2009.

The guy that you report to is from FL and bounces between ATL and FL. He did the interview. He disliked me almost instantly, and the feeling was somewhat mutual. The company seemed like it had a strong offering. We talked for about an hour, which wasn't bad considering we had no interest in working with one another. He was professional about it all. However, my gut says he won't be hiring a woman in this spot anytime soon - and certainly not a working mom.

In-House Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in December 2009.

I interviewed for an in-house counsel position and no one bothered to respond to my numerous attempts to follow up. I don't know the status of my candidacy but I assume they are no longer interested. I would have appreciated a "thanks but no thanks" email, at least.