Neuberger Berman Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Applied online and got an email from HR two days after asking me to schedule an interview with three different staff members. The interview went well so after three weeks I got feedbacks and got invited to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • First interview was about my academic and career background. The only technical question was about operational risk.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

The interview process didn't have any surprises. The first interview with HR was on the phone, which was appreciated. I then also had a short meeting with HR during the visit before meeting with the hiring manager. My meeting with the hiring manager was focused mostly on relevant experience. The hiring manager also took care to make sure that I understood the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Intern Interview

3 rounds of interview including 1 telephone interview and 2 face to face interview with team members.

Interview Questions
    • What factors will you consider when choosing a fund to invest   View Answer
    No negotiation for intern

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Phone interview first: asked some basic questions, what current job includes, what skill set I have, eg Excel, financial statement analysis, etc.; introduce their company in details;
    One week later, scheduled an onsite interview. What you see yourself in 5 years, why change major why choose this city.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Office was beautiful - awesome view of NYC, friendly reception in lobby and in actual NB office. Staff was very friendly - super corporate culture. Very professional. All of the men were wearing suits, and they looked at me when I walked in; I got the vibe that not many women work there. Beautiful artwork all over the office (Berman loved art - read his history before interviewing - it will make you look good).

Interview Questions

I received a better offer elsewhere.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in April 2012.

Received email twice for the interview. Then, I had two rounds of interviews with different people. Finally, received a call from NY for the offer which I accepted right away. I think I could have negotiate that a little but I really wanted to enter in the corporate world as soon as possible.

Interview Questions
    I was happy because they offered above average compensation package.

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2013.

Interview process was fairly simple. I met with the VP and SVP of the department. Questions were simple and all behavioral.

Summer Analyst Interview

Neuberger came to campus and then had a resume drop online. The first interview was over the phone with basic technical questions, nothing unexpected. Invited to the superday with 6 other people for 2 positions. The interview had a group case study and then 1-1 interviews with different people in the group.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in December 2014.

Met with four people including HR after a phone screen. They asked me mostly cultural fit and background questions. It was not a technical interview. I told them about my experiences. Everyone I met was super professional and nice. Good experience, prompt follow up with helpful feedback from HR team.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me mostly cultural fit and background questions, it was not a technical interview.   Answer Question

Internal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in June 2013.

Interview process was impressive and I met with several employees who all seemed to enjoy the company and atmosphere and made clear there expectations and life cycle of the job growth. The desk seemed like a young group of mostly guys however that seems to be the case in similar position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to present one of the strategies which I did t prepare enough for beforehand.   Answer Question