Neuberger Berman

Neuberger Berman Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Applied online and got an email from HR two days after asking me to schedule an interview with three different staff members. The interview went well so after three weeks I got feedbacks and got invited to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • First interview was about my academic and career background. The only technical question was about operational risk.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

The interview process didn't have any surprises. The first interview with HR was on the phone, which was appreciated. I then also had a short meeting with HR during the visit before meeting with the hiring manager. My meeting with the hiring manager was focused mostly on relevant experience. The hiring manager also took care to make sure that I understood the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Intern Interview

3 rounds of interview including 1 telephone interview and 2 face to face interview with team members.

Interview Questions
    • What factors will you consider when choosing a fund to invest   View Answer
    No negotiation for intern

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Phone interview first: asked some basic questions, what current job includes, what skill set I have, eg Excel, financial statement analysis, etc.; introduce their company in details;
    One week later, scheduled an onsite interview. What you see yourself in 5 years, why change major why choose this city.

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2013.

Interview process was fairly simple. I met with the VP and SVP of the department. Questions were simple and all behavioral.

Internal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in June 2013.

Interview process was impressive and I met with several employees who all seemed to enjoy the company and atmosphere and made clear there expectations and life cycle of the job growth. The desk seemed like a young group of mostly guys however that seems to be the case in similar position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to present one of the strategies which I did t prepare enough for beforehand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Only had one interview however very thorough in their interview questioning

There was no negotiation

High Yield Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in July 2011.

It was a half day interview and met with 16 people. Thirty minute interview sets where I met with the senior people solo and the junior people in pairs.

Interview Questions
    • How do you I think the S&P 500 will perform for the rest of the year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in May 2010.

Interviewed for 2 positions at NB. Both times, interviews were set up directly by the group who was hiring. I went through 2 rounds for each position & met with various team members. I took a position elsewhere, but wished NB communicated the outcomes of their decision to me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your current team's culture?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in June 2007.

One interview with HR rep
    another one with direct manager
    the last one with head of department

Interview Questions
    not open for negotiation since they receive approval from "NY"