Neuberger Berman Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

3.1

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Applied online and got an email from HR two days after asking me to schedule an interview with three different staff members. The interview went well so after three weeks I got feedbacks and got invited to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • First interview was about my academic and career background. The only technical question was about operational risk.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

The interview process didn't have any surprises. The first interview with HR was on the phone, which was appreciated. I then also had a short meeting with HR during the visit before meeting with the hiring manager. My meeting with the hiring manager was focused mostly on relevant experience. The hiring manager also took care to make sure that I understood the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Intern Interview

3 rounds of interview including 1 telephone interview and 2 face to face interview with team members.

Interview Questions
    • What factors will you consider when choosing a fund to invest   View Answer
    No negotiation for intern

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2013.

Interview process was fairly simple. I met with the VP and SVP of the department. Questions were simple and all behavioral.

Internal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in June 2013.

Interview process was impressive and I met with several employees who all seemed to enjoy the company and atmosphere and made clear there expectations and life cycle of the job growth. The desk seemed like a young group of mostly guys however that seems to be the case in similar position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to present one of the strategies which I did t prepare enough for beforehand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Only had one interview however very thorough in their interview questioning

There was no negotiation

High Yield Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in July 2011.

It was a half day interview and met with 16 people. Thirty minute interview sets where I met with the senior people solo and the junior people in pairs.

Interview Questions
    • How do you I think the S&P 500 will perform for the rest of the year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in May 2010.

Interviewed for 2 positions at NB. Both times, interviews were set up directly by the group who was hiring. I went through 2 rounds for each position & met with various team members. I took a position elsewhere, but wished NB communicated the outcomes of their decision to me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your current team's culture?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in June 2007.

One interview with HR rep
    another one with direct manager
    the last one with head of department

Interview Questions
    not open for negotiation since they receive approval from "NY"

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in March 2009.

The guy that you report to is from FL and bounces between ATL and FL. He did the interview. He disliked me almost instantly, and the feeling was somewhat mutual. The company seemed like it had a strong offering. We talked for about an hour, which wasn't bad considering we had no interest in working with one another. He was professional about it all. However, my gut says he won't be hiring a woman in this spot anytime soon - and certainly not a working mom.

Interview Questions

Worked for Neuberger Berman? Contribute to the Community!