Neuberger Berman

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email from HR two days after asking me to schedule an interview with three different staff members. The interview went well so after three weeks I got feedbacks and got invited to the second interview.

Interview Question – First interview was about my academic and career background. The only technical question was about operational risk.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Neuberger Berman

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview including 1 telephone interview and 2 face to face interview with team members.

Interview Question – What factors will you consider when choosing a fund to invest   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for intern

Client Services Interview

Client Services

Interviewed at Neuberger Berman

Interview Details – The interview process didn't have any surprises. The first interview with HR was on the phone, which was appreciated. I then also had a short meeting with HR during the visit before meeting with the hiring manager. My meeting with the hiring manager was focused mostly on relevant experience. The hiring manager also took care to make sure that I understood the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

Registered Representative
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly simple. I met with the VP and SVP of the department. Questions were simple and all behavioral.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the financial industry   Answer Question

In-House Counsel Interview

In-House Counsel
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in December 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for an in-house counsel position and no one bothered to respond to my numerous attempts to follow up. I don't know the status of my candidacy but I assume they are no longer interested. I would have appreciated a "thanks but no thanks" email, at least.

Interview Question – Explaining gaps in my resume.   Answer Question

Portfolio Associate Interview

Portfolio Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in March 2012.

Interview Details – The HR person failed to mention that they gave the candidacy to someone else, after I had emailed him several times. Had no feedback regarding the resume. Very rude over email.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2011.

Interview Details – Two rounds 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – Pretty casual chat to see whether I would fit the sales team.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and HR called me about a week later. When I answered the phone, the HR rep did not identify where he was from nor ask if it was an OK time to talk. He asked me a few questions about my background and experience, which I was reluctant to answer because I had no idea who he was. At the end of the call, he wanted me to come in and meet others the next day. . I only found out where he was calling from when he sent me an email confirming the interviews I had the following day.
I met with three people - the person who would be my manager, one person who would be my peer and one person who would report into me. I thought the interviews went well and I had established a good rapport with the three people.
I did not hear anything back on the status of my candidacy at all despite following up a few times with both HR and my potential manager. I only found out I did not get the job when the person who got the job showed up in the “People You May Know” feature on LinkedIn.

Interview Question – Why NB?   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Client Associate

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in December 2008.

Interview Details – brought in to meet with three managers and human resources. conversations were brief and thought it was not too difficult.

Interview Question – tell us about the company   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview. Asked me basic questions about my work history and wanted to know what my experience was specifically with Business Requirement Documentation.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a BRD and a FSD   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Neuberger Berman

Worked for Neuberger Berman? Contribute to the Community!