Neuberger Berman Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

3.1

Internal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Recruiter. Went for two rounds of interviews. The first round met with 6 people. The last round I met with one person for 10 minutes and iti was very very analytical get your calculators out and know your x table.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in January 2014.

The woman that did the interview spent 45 minutes finding a way to discuss calendar and travel. I understand that this is important to the job but how much can you discuss about calendar and travel.

Internal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in June 2013.

Interview process was impressive and I met with several employees who all seemed to enjoy the company and atmosphere and made clear there expectations and life cycle of the job growth. The desk seemed like a young group of mostly guys however that seems to be the case in similar position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to present one of the strategies which I did t prepare enough for beforehand.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

The interview process didn't have any surprises. The first interview with HR was on the phone, which was appreciated. I then also had a short meeting with HR during the visit before meeting with the hiring manager. My meeting with the hiring manager was focused mostly on relevant experience. The hiring manager also took care to make sure that I understood the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2013.

Interview process was fairly simple. I met with the VP and SVP of the department. Questions were simple and all behavioral.

Intern Interview

3 rounds of interview including 1 telephone interview and 2 face to face interview with team members.

Interview Questions
    • What factors will you consider when choosing a fund to invest   View Answer
    No negotiation for intern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in May 2010.

Interviewed for 2 positions at NB. Both times, interviews were set up directly by the group who was hiring. I went through 2 rounds for each position & met with various team members. I took a position elsewhere, but wished NB communicated the outcomes of their decision to me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your current team's culture?   View Answer

High Yield Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in July 2011.

It was a half day interview and met with 16 people. Thirty minute interview sets where I met with the senior people solo and the junior people in pairs.

Interview Questions
    • How do you I think the S&P 500 will perform for the rest of the year?   Answer Question

Business Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2011.

I was contacted by a Neuberger Berman Human Resources Recruiter, who was extremely nice. He attempted to push me in the direction of my existing work however, I wanted a change. After a 45 mnute conversation, he went to management and they agreed to give me an opportunity to prove myself. I went in for 3 interviews before being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Relating my sales/finance experience to business coordinator role and the work involved.   View Answer
    There was not a lot of room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Only had one interview however very thorough in their interview questioning

There was no negotiation

Worked for Neuberger Berman? Contribute to the Community!