Neuberger Berman

Updated Feb 13, 2015

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in April 2012.

Received email twice for the interview. Then, I had two rounds of interviews with different people. Finally, received a call from NY for the offer which I accepted right away. I think I could have negotiate that a little but I really wanted to enter in the corporate world as soon as possible.

Interview Questions
    I was happy because they offered above average compensation package.

Portfolio Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in March 2012.

The HR person failed to mention that they gave the candidacy to someone else, after I had emailed him several times. Had no feedback regarding the resume. Very rude over email.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in February 2012.

I applied online and HR called me about a week later. When I answered the phone, the HR rep did not identify where he was from nor ask if it was an OK time to talk. He asked me a few questions about my background and experience, which I was reluctant to answer because I had no idea who he was. At the end of the call, he wanted me to come in and meet others the next day. . I only found out where he was calling from when he sent me an email confirming the interviews I had the following day.
    I met with three people - the person who would be my manager, one person who would be my peer and one person who would report into me. I thought the interviews went well and I had established a good rapport with the three people.
    I did not hear anything back on the status of my candidacy at all despite following up a few times with both HR and my potential manager. I only found out I did not get the job when the person who got the job showed up in the “People You May Know” feature on LinkedIn.

Business Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2011.

I was contacted by a Neuberger Berman Human Resources Recruiter, who was extremely nice. He attempted to push me in the direction of my existing work however, I wanted a change. After a 45 mnute conversation, he went to management and they agreed to give me an opportunity to prove myself. I went in for 3 interviews before being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Relating my sales/finance experience to business coordinator role and the work involved.   View Answer
    There was not a lot of room for negotiation.

High Yield Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in July 2011.

It was a half day interview and met with 16 people. Thirty minute interview sets where I met with the senior people solo and the junior people in pairs.

Interview Questions
    • How do you I think the S&P 500 will perform for the rest of the year?   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in July 2011.

Applied online and received a call from HR after a few weeks. Did not hear back for several weeks, so called back and was invited to interview in-person. Interviewed with several mid-level employees. Promptly followed up and was invited back for a second interview. Received an offer a week later.

No negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2010.

After being contacted by the internal recruiting dept, I was phone screened and then brought in for a first round interview. I met with a variety of people within the group - ranging from the VP of the group to people that would be my peers. Everyone was extremely courteous and friendly and asked very fair interview questions. I was also given the opportunity to ask questions to each interviewer.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in May 2010.

Interviewed for 2 positions at NB. Both times, interviews were set up directly by the group who was hiring. I went through 2 rounds for each position & met with various team members. I took a position elsewhere, but wished NB communicated the outcomes of their decision to me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your current team's culture?   View Answer

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in April 2010.

The hiring manager will try and make you feel very comfortable, to see what you reveal about yourself. They will ask you specifics of why you think will succeed in this competitive industry. What makes you different? They will want to know, what motivates you, how you handle rejection and your career goals. Not very difficult interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What quality in an employee do you think is over rater, that a manager may think is important?   Answer Question

In-House Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in December 2009.

I interviewed for an in-house counsel position and no one bothered to respond to my numerous attempts to follow up. I don't know the status of my candidacy but I assume they are no longer interested. I would have appreciated a "thanks but no thanks" email, at least.